Options

Last Nights EastEnders...

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
Forum Member
✭✭
I am first to put my hand up and the first to admit that I have been critical of EastEnders this year but last nights episode for me was a sort of turning point.

It was a very good episode and Patsy Palmer, Adam Woodyatt and Clare Perkins were especially good.

I hope that this is the start of its recovery.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Chickens. Count. Hatched.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It helps that none of the weaker characters were in last nights episode for me...
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its back to Phil and Sharon soon so enjoy it while it lasts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Benllech wrote: »

Thank goodness.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bianca is one of the most awful characters ever to appear in EastEnders. She's obnoxious, rude, aggressive, arrogant, loud, entitled, disrespectful and a downright terrible mother. Am I supposed to sympathise with her plight because I most definitely do not. It couldn't happen to a nicer person. If EastEnders has turned a corner then it's a dead end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree Broken Arrow. I am glad that Patsy Palmer has had a chance to show what a good actress she is with this storyline - Bianca loves her kids but I wish the writers would give her some happiness for a change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I disagree Broken Arrow. I am glad that Patsy Palmer has had a chance to show what a good actress she is with this storyline - Bianca loves her kids but I wish the writers would give her some happiness for a change.

To be blunt, I don't care if she's a good actress. Her character is a nasty piece of work and not someone I root for. Patsy Palmer has had plenty of chances to show off her acting skills over the years. It's not as if it's a revelation that she can act. It's about time they did something to make Bianca likeable because I really couldn't care less what happens to her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are far worse characters on the show that I would like to see gone....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are far worse characters on the show that I would like to see gone....

Possibly, but there aren't many characters as unlikeable as Bianca - past or present.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Possibly, but there aren't many characters as unlikeable as Bianca - past or present.

Agree, agree, agree, agree, agree......

I agree. Bianca AND pp are unlikeable. Bianca is not even a very iconic character; the fact that they had to literally repeat the SAME storyline from the 90s barely 2 years after she returned in 08 demonstrates how poor her character is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Filiman wrote: »

I agree. Bianca AND pp are unlikeable. Bianca is not even a very iconic character; the fact that they had to literally repeat the SAME storyline from the 90s barely 2 years after she returned in 08 demonstrates how poor her character is.

I've always detested Bianca. I don't have an issue with Patsy Palmer's acting but she's not that good that I can overlook how rancid the character of Bianca is. A thoroughly vile and unpleasant character who never should have returned to curse EastEnders again.
  • Options
    bearbum72bearbum72 Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benllech wrote: »

HENCE why ppl r turning OFF. i know i did.

it has been 5 wks since my last deppression bout. long may it con.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Bianca is one of the most awful characters ever to appear in EastEnders. She's obnoxious, rude, aggressive, arrogant, loud, entitled, disrespectful and a downright terrible mother. Am I supposed to sympathise with her plight because I most definitely do not. It couldn't happen to a nicer person. If EastEnders has turned a corner then it's a dead end.

Isn't that the point Bianca represents benefit culture ..Chicken nuggets and beans

She is supposed to be life like and she is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always detested Bianca. I don't have an issue with Patsy Palmer's acting but she's not that good that I can overlook how rancid the character of Bianca is. A thoroughly vile and unpleasant character who never should have returned to curse EastEnders again.

This ! :cool:
    No amount of agonising over her wayward son can hide the fact that she is vile . I could be here all morning listing her bad points .
  • Options
    SalomeSalome Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    This ! :cool:
    No amount of agonising over her wayward son can hide the fact that she is vile . I could be here all morning listing her bad points .

I find the gratuitous scapegoating of female characters really vile. After Kat and Tanya, Bianca is next in line with the predictable conflation of actress and character.
    Maybe you should ask yourself why a fictional character is such a threat to you. Because she doesn't fit your expectations of perfect femininity? Too loud, too aggressive, too poor, too unhappy? What a terrible crime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salome wrote: »
    I find the gratuitous scapegoating of female characters really vile. After Kat and Tanya, Bianca is next in line with the predictable conflation of actress and character.
    Maybe you should ask yourself why a fictional character is such a threat to you. Because she doesn't fit your expectations of perfect femininity? Too loud, too aggressive, too poor, too unhappy? What a terrible crime.

What the hell are you going on about :confused:
    I don't find her a threat at all . I just don't like her :rolleyes:
    Seems I'm not alone in thinking this .
    I'm talking about the character . I have no idea about Patsy because I don't know her .
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member

I have to agree with you .The last straw for me was a comparitively small matter of her hitting the sweet / drink machine in the hospital .I cant bear to watch her aggressive , shrill, shrieking character anymore .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Salome wrote: »

The character is vile .No one is scapegoating anyone at all .I detest Bianca ,( I dont know Patsy Palmer ) .Bianca makes me switch off EE if I am honest as she raises my blood pressure . I hate her aggressive, rude , ignorant and shouty , shrieking personality .
    I watch TV for entertainment mainly and Bianca make me simply switch over .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is this descended into a Bianca bitch feast???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How is this descended into a Bianca bitch feast???

Opinions differ and were expressed .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The character is vile .No one is scapegoating anyone at all .I detest Bianca ,( I dont know Patsy Palmer ) .Bianca makes me switch off EE if I am honest as she raises my blood pressure . I hate her aggressive, rude , ignorant and shouty , shrieking personality .
    I watch TV for entertainment mainly and Bianca make me simply switch over .

My thoughts exactly. Patsy Palmer could be on the same level of acting as Judi Dench and I'd stil hate Bianca because she's vile. There isn't a single thing I like about her. I have given her many chances over the years but after all is said and done I just can't stand her.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Indeed. The only thing she is iconic for is screaming "Rickaaaaaay!!!" and bursting ear drums all across Britain :eek::o.

When Bianca dies, her gravestone will say:
    Bianca Butcher
    1972-20??
    Loving Mother & Daughter
    Bursting Ear Drums Since 1993

:cool:

Lol, have a read of this from Bianca's wiki page:
    During her first run on the show during the 1990s, she was known for her bizarre sense of style, her sharp tongue, fiery temper and for screaming "Rickaaaaaaay!" at her husband. There's really not much to her at all. Redundant character IMHO.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bianca_Jackson
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member

They didn't have to do anything, they chose to. There was many angles they could have gone down.

And how is Patsy unlikeable? Just wondering. Do you know her personally?