• lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluddy great, Adam.Not many singers who could come close to Freddie
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rroses wrote: »
    Lambert can hit hit the hight notes but there's a sameness to his vocals , whatever the song

Just serves to remind us what a truly unique and remarkable voice and front man Freddie was.

Yes there is no doubting his vocal ability but it's just not the same as Freddie, plus he lacks Freddie's stage presence. That being said I have to admit I am enjoying this.:)
  • jet soundsjet sounds Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Not my cup of tea.....should've let it go when Freddie died.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adam is an absolutely incredible singer. He's doing a fantastic job.

You're right. Mercury was one of a kind but the guy is doing a great job. And its such a fantastic back catalogue. No wonder they have the biggest selling UK album.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Sacrilege ! Its like someone taking over from John Lennon when he died. Why do they keep Queen going, i dont know. Does nothing for the songs or his memory.
    Freddie sang much better. Waste of time.

Presumably they love performing and love performing some of the greatest 20th century songs ever written. I feel a bit sorry for Brian and Roger as it seems so unfair that they can't still perform with Freddie Mercury. Still, if it makes them (and the audience) happy then good luck to them.
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Adam Lambert is a good singer and you can't detract from that.
    BUT he just doesn't have the bollocks (technical music term) that Freddie had.

Freddie could do low just as well as high and could put major support behind notes that some could only ever dream of doing.

People don't keep going on about Freddie's vocals for the fun of it, there was only ever one Freddie and only he could do what he did.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    someone tell this poncie yank that 'here we go' isnt part of the bliddy chorus
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presumably they love performing and love performing some of the greatest 20th century songs ever written. I feel a bit sorry for Brian and Roger as it seems so unfair that they can't still perform with Freddie Mercury. Still, if it makes them (and the audience) happy then good luck to them.

This is how I feel. I didn't mind the tours they did with Paul Rodgers either.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Adam Lambert is a good singer and you can't detract from that.
    BUT he just doesn't have the bollocks (technical music term) that Freddie had.

Freddie could do low just as well as high and could put major support behind notes that some could only ever dream of doing.

People don't keep going on about Freddie's vocals for the fun of it
    , there was only ever one Freddie and only he could do what he did.

I agree. From a perspective of technique, power, accuracy and range, he had the greatest voice of any lead vocalist in any rock/pop group. And he was also a superb songwriter and lyricist.
  • baldtonybaldtony Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Roger & Dr Brian still great. Songs amazing as always.
    No idea who the singer is. But he's OK. Never going to be in Freddie's league. But then again, who is?
    Good enough to be enjoyable, and not trying to be a clone.

Enjoyable bit of TV. Just nice to see people playing instruments, doing songs they wrote themselves, and a human singing not a computer. Very unusual these days
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes there is no doubting his vocal ability but it's just not the same as Freddie, plus he lacks Freddie's stage presence. That being said I have to admit I am enjoying this.:)

Check out the recently released Queen Live at the Rainbow for a really impressive live sound and Freddie charming the crowd.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    I quite like the guy who fronts the official tribute act Queen Extravaganza, Marc something, who sounds quite Freddie :cool:
    From what i've read, the reason they went with Adam to front is that whilst Marc has chops, lots of them, he's almost mirroring Fred in his delivery, they'd be venturing into a 'tribute band' territory

Adam, whatever you make of him, is his own man so to speak plus he has the vocal chops to pull of most of the catalogue to a good standard
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    You're right. Mercury was one of a kind but the guy is doing a great job. And its such a fantastic back catalogue. No wonder they have the biggest selling UK album.

Totally agree
    The mix not too good tho unless its my TV
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    His voice does sound lost in the mix. Sick of hearing these songs mind !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now this track Queen never did live so it's nice to hear a Live version. Even if it is without Freddie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the songs have been a bit "rocky" so far, Where's the "quieter" introspective songs that Freddie used to do at the piano?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mounty wrote: »
    someone tell this poncie yank that 'here we go' isnt part of the bliddy chorus

Oh be nice! It's new year's and the kids not doing a bad job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the songs have been a bit "rocky" so far, Where's the "quieter" introspective songs that Freddie used to do at the piano?

Short time slot and Queens biggest hits tended to be the more Rocky stuff. Apart from 1 which is a Hybrid and can really only be sung by Freddie
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Remember when Mika was being cited as a Freddie M soundalike?

I'd like to see Mika doing a few of these songs. I reckon he'd be good.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    From what i've read, the reason they went with Adam to front is that whilst Marc has chops, lots of them, he's almost mirroring Fred in his delivery, they'd be venturing into a 'tribute band' territory

Adam, whatever you make of him, is his own man so to speak plus he has the vocal chops to pull of most of the catalogue to a good standard
    I see... that makes sense :cool:
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    gold2040 wrote: »

^^ this.

They were really impressed with Adam Lambert after appearing on AI with him - he's not trying to be Freddie Mercury and never has.
  • Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel so sad that Freddie is not here amongst us. His charisma, voice and style was unique.

I watched 'those were the days' just now on youtube.

I suggest you do the same. Sets you up nicely for midnight. Freddie you were a genius. We miss you.
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member
    Urgh, he can hit notes, but has got no power. As this song shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Short time slot and Queens biggest hits tended to be the more Rocky stuff. Apart from 1 which is a Hybrid and can really only be sung by Freddie

Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together) would be a great New Year's Eve track , but I never heard it ever played live ever, even by Freddie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rFMYH6tWso
  • MorganaNKMorganaNK Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    I'm loving it... Adam is doing a superb job