Options

Migrant Coverage

Comments

• Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm afraid you're being shown what the left wing UK press wants you to see.

I dont live in the UK . Are you telling me I have no brain of my own ? Its quite obvious Hungary is bubbling with tension
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Afraid to speak up and say it as it is ?

We've become paranoid about accusations of being some terrible person, with a label if we dare to speak the truth, or notice a flip side to the story being forced on us, or discover some information and say it if it does not suit an agenda.

This situation is far too serious not speak the truth about how you feel.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Irrelevant deflection since we are talking about the UK. What about erythema really is the last resort of the clueless.

You seem well versed in irrelevant deflection.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    We've become paranoid about accusations of being some terrible person, with a label if we dare to speak the truth, or notice a flip side to the story being forced on us, or discover some information and say it if it does not suit an agenda.

I agree . Its far to critical to pussyfoot about now
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRSgotobed wrote: »

I agree and tensions are really hotting up in Hungary tonight.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »

Littlejohn? Erm.....no.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    Syria's is a civil war and many of the people don't agree with any of the protagonists or have fought and lost already. If you see a hopeless situation and have already lost your battles, your home and job, you can reach the point where you just want to get your family out because there is not much left to fight for, but perhaps more importantly there is nothing left to fight with.
    Personally, if I was in that situation, I would rather fight with my bare hands than send my family onto extreme risky conditions, that way better chance of sticking up for your beliefs than a simple yes or no vote that they don;t even get over there.
    They are used to hardship, we are not. They are used to being ruled by the iron fist so to speak which we these days would be considered as extreme abuse.
    They will come over here and realise that... among many things from our way of life such as women are seen as value in society not just for for breeding purposes, then bugger off over to ISIS or their children will become future racists intent on becoming heroes that we class as terrorists.

Of course, obviously I'm not speaking on behalf of all such people, but - the minority of them, just if using an example of the rules of simple modern health and safety mentality - is too much of risk to take. And we all know how health and safety has gone mad these days, all for the sake of trying to save lives. What we are doing now is contradicting that, all in the name of being humane to other human beings, as if none of them will ever cause us trouble.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Irrelevant deflection since we are talking about the UK. What about erythema really is the last resort of the clueless.
    Your initial reply was completely irrelevant so who are you to judge?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at this tweet from Jonathan Ashworth, Labour MP for Leicester South:

https://twitter.com/JonAshworth/status/639797505740394497

:D

I bet it's his secretary - 'Here, put this on, it'll look good for the photograph.' :D
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I agree and tensions are really hotting up in Hungary tonight.

It's awful, the whole thing is a total mess. Still Dave had a glowing tan, something's been achieved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    thank god they didnt win the election.

If they had have done there'd have been three tents holding the notice up - No need to compromise their true feelings then.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A dead child and people still think these people aren't genuine asylum seekers? :o:(
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »
    It's not really about you though is it?

Well, as I said, I am a citizen of this country and therefore part of 'society' - if I am enriched by diversity then my bit of society is therefore enriched too. So yes, if we are talking about UK society (which we were) then it is about me... and you... and all the other people here.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They'll all be put up in huge 5 bed houses in Primrose Hill at the expense of taxpayers, while that sociopathic **** Ian Duncan Smith continues to drive the British disabled and sick from their homes because they have a "spare bedroom".

absolute nonsense
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I returned to my job in a primary school this week and we all received training on radicalisation and extremeism in relation to whether a child is being exposed to it from their family. It now falls under as a child protection/safeguarding issue with distinctive signs to look out for. It is a scary world when we are having to monitor if young children are bringing such ideologies into British schools.
  • Options
    Jim NashJim Nash Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... then what happens?

We all feel all lefty and gooey and fuzzy.

Then we actually think what we've done and feel very much not gooey and even less fuzzy. But still lefty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A dead child and people still think these people aren't genuine asylum seekers? :o:(
    Plenty of dead, homeless and starving British tramps in this country in this country and you seriously want to invite potential sleeper ISIS suicide bombers? disgusting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    absolute nonsense
    LOL! are you living under a rock?!!!! This is already happening on a vast scale.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Looks like Hungary's had enough

In Budapest, parliament passed a series of laws effectively sealing Hungary’s southern border to migrants – about 140,000 of whom have crossed it so far this year – and creating “transit zones” to hold asylum seekers until their asylum requests are approved and deported if not.

New laws will make it a criminal offence to cross or damage Hungary’s controversial new razor-wire fence along its 108-mile border with Serbia and make illegal border crossings punishable by up to three years in prison.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/04/hundreds-refugees-march-austria-budapest-hungary-syrians
  • Options
    Jim NashJim Nash Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll all be put up in huge 5 bed houses in Primrose Hill at the expense of taxpayers, while that sociopathic **** Ian Duncan Smith continues to drive the British disabled and sick from their homes because they have a "spare bedroom".

What I say: take all the money we've got stashed away to house, clothe, feed, educate etc the verm...sorry, economic migra...sorry, refugees and give it to the disabled hit by the over-occupancy charge. Solves pretty much every problem: no more verm...sorry, refugees, and those disabled unfairly hit by the OOC are no longer unfairly hit.

Sounds like a sensible plan. As such, cannot possibly catch on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    In Spain alone, swathes of faux British housing estates, with an Irish pub on every corner, fish and chips the staple yearning and few people bothering to learn the language or getting to know the Spanish. . Yes, so many Brits integrate so well with scary Johnny foreigner speaking any foreign tongue, here and abroad.

It's clear you've never been to Spain or if you have then you are just telling porkies.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member

Some of theses people aren't refugees. If they're so desperate then why riot with police ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COEJ6tSWsAAbbtr.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    If I, as a member of society, am enriched - then isn't society as a whole enriched by the fraction I represent?
    No it doesn't work like that but nice try.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »
    I returned to my job in a primary school this week and we all received training on radicalisation and extremeism in relation to whether a child is being exposed to it from their family. It now falls under as a child protection/safeguarding issue with distinctive signs to look out for. It is a scary world when we are having to monitor if young children are bringing such ideologies into British schools.
    Just think, if multiculturalism didn't exist we would not have these problems here. But we do, and so are considered racist if there is a school full of white kids... just because no ethnicities have kids there.
    Racism these days is a utter joke, nothing at all compared the pre-90s. You say boo to a ghost and its not seen as humour but an offence. The politicians and solicitors are creaming it in, absolute jobs worth's.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Am I?

And there I was thinking I was describing the mindset of some on here - and those yet to appear.

Indeed!
This discussion has been closed.