Matt: I Won't Sing Covers

grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a291651/matt-cardle-i-wont-sing-covers.html

See, this is the reason why I don't really want Matt to win. I think he's great and I'd love to buy an album of original material by him, but Syco aren't going to let that happen are they? It's all about the quick buck for them.

Comments

• duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, he will. He'll do what he's told or end up with a seat on the bitter bench next to Brookestein.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Yes, he will. He'll do what he's told or end up with a seat on the bitter bench next to Brookestein.

Exactly. I'd rather he didn't sign with Syco. Other labels will want him and will give him greater freedom.
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a291651/matt-cardle-i-wont-sing-covers.html

See, this is the reason why I don't really want Matt to win. I think he's great and I'd love to buy an album of original material by him, but Syco aren't going to let that happen are they? It's all about the quick buck for them.

OFGS, there is already a 4 page thread going, do a search!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NightFalls wrote: »
    OFGS, there is already a 4 page thread going, do a search!

Sorry, I checked the first 3 pages of threads and there was nothing there. No need for you to be so shirty.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Matt but from a non-biased point of view, I really do think he should not win for this simple reason alone. Simon will no doubt, ruin him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I checked the first 3 pages of threads and there was nothing there. No need for you to be so shirty.

There is always some Fu*ker with too much time on their hands trying to tell other people what to do so I wouldnt worry about them.
    If Matt were to win and that is a big if coz One Dimension will most likely win he will have to do as he is told simple as.
    He will be under contract and maybe i am wrong but i dont think he can afford to buy himself out of it:)
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To which Simon replied "Yes you will"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that is a true statement from Matt then he has no chance of winning Steve Brookstein took that stand and end of the road. Simon only wants people he can manipulate 1D Rebbecca fi t the bill nicely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think One Direction and Simon are perfect for each other. They're easy to manipulate and will do as they're told and Simon won't have to argue with them.
  • Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah good luck with that son, you'll be releasing a cover in a week's time already. Idiot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So then why did he 1) audition for the X-Factor and 2) continue to try so hard to make the final?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Well if you win Matt, i'm afraid you won't have much choice in the matter :)
  • astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell does he think he's doing right now? He's singing covers, and if Cowell wants to fill his album with more covers that's exactly what will happen. The puppet can't suddenly become the puppet master.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess he hasn't read that Simon has said he will rush out this year's winner's album rather than have it a year in the making.

I guess he won't be singing at all (on an album) if he wins. What a stupid thing to say given the history of the show and it's winners.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL. Sorry Matt but it's not up to you. It's up to who signs your paycheck. Otherwise you get dropped. Well you're going to get dropped when you flop anyway, so it doesn't matter. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Lets hope he does not win then, and I am not voting anymore as *FIX* factor finished me off with the judges having the decision on Saturday night.

He would be better off with another label doing his own thing, Simon will simply ruin him,and I dont want an album of covers either, no more than Matt does, but that is about all Cowell knows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    He only needs to worry if he wins. Otherwise he can sign with who he likes and sing what he likes. After his contract ends with X Factor of course, by which time we'll have all forgotten about him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate to break it to you Matt, but if you win you'll do as Simon tells you. For the next 2 years he owns your soul. It says so in the contract.

On a quick, suprising note, did you know Rebecca is from Liverpool?
  • sexyJOHDsexyJOHD Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    he is very aware that the winners single is a cover as he has already recorded his version aswell as filmed the video, if he has said this then he will be refering to the album.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »

Exactly what I thought having read the OP's post.