Why do some people let their kids run riot in shops etc?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Last night I was with my mum in a shop near where we live. While were there a little girl, who couldn't have been anymore than about six at the oldest was practically running riot around the store. She was shouting and screaming and pulling stock from the shelves, all the while her dad who I assume was supposed to be supervising the little shit, was stood in the corner trying on coats and admiring himself in the mirror :rolleyes: At no point did he tell her off.

The brat then got hold of one of those little wheelie suitcases and started pushing it around the floor, at one point she very nearly hit my mum in the legs with it. At this point I could see the staff starting to get pissed off with it, and I wanted to confront the dad and tell him to keep his devil spawn under control, by mum wouldn't let me.

My god, what is with these lousy parents who think its acceptable to inflict their children's bad behaviour on others?

If your kids don't know how to behave leave them at home. This goes also goes for restaurants and cafe's!:mad:

Comments

• Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one reason I find online shopping a Godsend. I can do my shopping from the comfort of my home in peace.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems it's easier to ignore bad behaviour these days, That or they give you a dirty look as if it's your fault rather than to tackle their precious cherubs inability to behave.
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leaving them home..... alone?

That's not good either
  • Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night I was with my mum in a shop near where we live. While were there a little girl, who couldn't have been anymore than about six at the oldest was practically running riot around the store. She was shouting and screaming and pulling stock from the shelves, all the while her dad who I assume was supposed to be supervising the little shit, was stood in the corner trying on coats and admiring himself in the mirror :rolleyes: At no point did he tell her off.

The brat then got hold of one of those little wheelie suitcases and started pushing it around the floor, at one point she very nearly hit my mum in the legs with it. At this point I could see the staff starting to get pissed off with it, and I wanted to confront the dad and tell him to keep his devil spawn under control, by mum wouldn't let me.

My god, what is with these lousy parents who think its acceptable to inflict their children's bad behaviour on others?

If your kids don't know how to behave leave them at home. This goes also goes for restaurants and cafe's!:mad:

Be grateful, the little girl could have been letting off fireworks:D
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leaving them home..... alone?

That's not good either
    ^This! :eek:
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Last night I was with my mum in a shop near where we live.:

I bet your mum was relieved you were a good boy and behaved yourself in the shop.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not been in a supermarket recently OP?

The spawns of Satan are running amok on wheelies or grabbing the trollies.

When some OAP gets knocked down and hurt, I hope the Supermarkets are sued so much for allowing such vile creatures (and their offspring) from darkening their aisles.

Bring back a clip round the ear!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    I bet your mum was relieved you were a good boy and behaved yourself in the shop.

I was either in the trolley seat or she held my hand better than any metalwork vice.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    I was either in the trolley seat or she held my hand better than any metalwork vice.

When you were 6????
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears to be standard behaviour these days, and you must never say anything, however nicely, because the child ALWAYS has a disorder/disability/problem of some sort that other people will bring up in an attempt to make YOU feel like shit - I've encoutered this attitude in real life more than once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I tend to grit my teeth and try get on with whatever
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to grit my teeth and try get on with whatever
    So do I! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    When you were 6????

If I was not behaving even at 6 that vice like hand was keeping me back...yes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids.

Or breed like rabbits. Some parents have more kids than they can handle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Earlier this year I was wandering around a supermarket when someone's brat of about seven ran up to me and started shouting "gimme your money! now!! gimme your money!"

I said to him "you're not having my money, I haven't got any!"

The parent was miles away.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe if the shop takes action against the parents, Putting a extra £10 on there beer and wine should do the trick to get their kids to behave.
  • BananaFeetBananaFeet Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    ...a little girl, who couldn't have been anymore than about six at the oldest...

...the little shit...

...The brat...

...devil spawn...

A six-year old girl is fair game to be called "a little shit"?

A six-year old girl?

Now you were one of the foul people who was laughing at the depiction of a child on a TV show being bullied and forced to wear a dress, and claiming that "it isn't real" so therefore fine to mock. What's your excuse this time?

Fair enough, the parents didn't have the kid under control, but it's NO excuse for you to go around branding a child all names under the sun and it makes you sound just as unpleasant and intolerant. All because it was a slight inconvenience for yourself and your mother? Nope, you have no sympathy from me.
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    Maybe if the shop takes action against the parents, Putting a extra £10 on there beer and wine should do the trick to get their kids to behave.

Probably against their human rights to do that. :yawn:

No matter how bad kids are in shops it's nothing compared to airports. Most (and I really do mean MOST) parents in airports switch off as soon as they enter the terminal (if you stand by airport doors you can actually pin point the second their eyes glaze over). They let their kids run about screaming while they are checking in. They let their kids climb on baggage belts, play with trolleys, hide behind pillars and all sorts. The parents expect the staff to look after them and of course blame the airport if the kid gets hurt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^This! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always have earphones in my pocket so in these situations I simply put them on and listen to something on my phone.

At this time of year there is the added bonus of not being exposed to the ghastly Christmas music being played everywhere.

I couldn't travel on public transport without them either tbh.
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Not a problem for me as a Man because I don't piss arse about in any stores, I get what I want and get the hell out as quick as I can.
  • FaggyFaggy Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BananaFeet wrote: »
    A six-year old girl is fair game to be called "a little shit"?

A six-year old girl?

Now you were one of the foul people who was laughing at the depiction of a child on a TV show being bullied and forced to wear a dress, and claiming that "it isn't real" so therefore fine to mock. What's your excuse this time?

Fair enough, the parents didn't have the kid under control, but it's NO excuse for you to go around branding a child all names under the sun and it makes you sound just as unpleasant and intolerant. All because it was a slight inconvenience for yourself and your mother? Nope, you have no sympathy from me.

Unfortunately your view that a child must not be criticised under any circumstances is exactly the attitude that has lead to the situation the OP is complaining about.

Some kids are brats and pretending that they're not does no-one any favours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Not a problem for me as a Man because I don't piss arse about in any stores, I get what I want and get the hell out as quick as I can.
    Same here with me as well. :sleep:
  • davehunter5davehunter5 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Because they are unintelligent gits that should not have children, simple!!

To think its another generation that’s going to be the same, or worse!!