FoxSat-HDR Problem or Bug ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
Forum Member
Hi :)

Took delivery of HDR just before Christmas overhaul impressed with what it offers.

However I have noticed the following occurs if I set the default on power saving options.

The box powers down OK into power-save mode dimmed backlight and red neon without clock displayed but then decides to come back on by-itself at random times into bright backlight red neon which leaves it in a non boot lockout mode which can only cured by a switch off from mains.

If i choose to override power save mode which produces backlight and clock IT STAYS OFF and can be booted correctly.

Is this a software bug or hardware problem that other users have encountered ?

Cynderyn

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a duff box. Try a factory reset before contacting/returning it to the retailer...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stating the obvious here, but is it doing it when you arent recording stuff because thats what it does when you have a recording set when you are in standby mode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    If that is the case then you can power it on fully by pressing the power button on the remote.

When I first got my box I had thought it had hung in this mode until someone on the forum pointed told me about the above
  • Bob22ABob22A Posts: 6,830
    Forum Member
    A big weakness with Humax are its manuals & User Guides. To put it politely they are crap so a lot is down to trial and error in finding how things work or are supposed to work.
  • riggieriggie Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Power-save mode dimmed backlight and red neon without clock displayed.
    Try pressing any one of the channel buttons, thats what I do, and the Humax responds in 2 to3 secs every time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Cynderyn wrote: »
    Hi :)

Took delivery of HDR just before Christmas overhaul impressed with what it offers.

However I have noticed the following occurs if I set the default on power saving options.

The box powers down OK into power-save mode dimmed backlight and red neon without clock displayed but then decides to come back on by-itself at random times into bright backlight red neon which leaves it in a non boot lockout mode which can only cured by a switch off from mains.

If i choose to override power save mode which produces backlight and clock IT STAYS OFF and can be booted correctly.

Is this a software bug or hardware problem that other users have encountered ?

Cynderyn

Hi :) All

Looked into schedule and it had an entry for a series link for a program which had finshed the series :confused:

Removed link seems OK now fingers crossed

Cynderyn
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it worked for you, we are all happy!

Check my FAQ to see why timers linger: http://foxsat-hdr.wikispaces.com/The+HDR+FAQ (first Q/A)