Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel First Impressions [Spoilers in tags]

Comments

• HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a good word about Kennedy. It seems I quite often go against the grain and like what others seem to dislike, but not this time! I never could stand Kennedy. Every time she opened her mouth, it made me want to drown puppies. Then beat her to death with their corpses.

Harsh, but I think the puppies would appreciate my reasons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    I think I could just about call Kennedy ok at a stretch. But that kinda ok when you don't really mean it fully.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never minded Kennedy. She wasn't Tara, true, but she was OK.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd go to say that Kennedy is my least favourite character in the entire series.

I wasn't a big fan of the potentials anyway bar Amanda, and Empty Places confirms it. The episode will make you mad I predict!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kennedy was alright but the pairing of her and willow felt forced, just because they happened to be the only lesbians living in that house.

Plus Willow was never really into women as a whole, she only ever fell in love with Tara. and she explains in the episode The Killer In Me.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I haven't rewatched season 7 in a long time but I don't remember having a big problem with Kennedy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    K

Plus Willow was never really into women as a whole, she only ever fell in love with Tara. and she explains in the episode The Killer In Me.

No, Willow is very much into the ladies, and continues to be so.
    She does split up with Kennedy though, which should cher some on here.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated Kennedy (actually I hated all the potentials,why did they introduce a whole bunch of new characters who were awful and nobody gave a toss about, instead of focusing on the characters we'd actually watched for the past six seasons>:(>:(>:(), absolutely atrocious person who did not suit Willow at all. Personally, they should of left her alone after Tara.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    No, Willow is very much into the ladies, and continues to be so.
    She does split up with Kennedy though, which should cher some on here.

I never claimed or said she was

I am a big buffy fan so i don't need to be told what is wrong or what is right. I know the buffy world and the characters like the back of my hand

I said Willow never liked women as a whole and explained this in The Killer In Me. That to me explains Willow's in her early days of her sexuality.

"rolls eyes"

I think i was just reminded why i stopped posting in here in the first place. Rude members.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soulless

- I sure hope they haven't time skipped too much since the end of last episode. Like, I thought Connor would be inside with the others?

- I can't imagine they'll drop the jar containing Angel's soul but what if another vampire gets possession of it? Could they hypothetically absorb it and use it to become good as well? For the record, I should state I think that's unlikely to happen. Consider it to be just another random musing of mine.

- Why do creepy vampires have to sing? Also, can't Angelus hear everything they're saying?

- This could be the worst episode ever and it's still going to be good.

- I like the analogy of the sun being blacked out and how its tied to Angel's predicament. To make up for last episode and dragging it out, I also imagine that Angelus is going to kill the Beast in an instant?

- I'm surprised that Joss Whedon or somebody didn't write this episode.

- Wait – Sam Astin directed this episode. Of Lord of the Rings?

- The whole episode could be like this – one big, long Interview with the Vampire – and I wouldn't care.

- Dumb comment but Angelus' demeanour reminds me of a serial killer, in the sense he's withholding information almost in a bid to stay relevant and clamour attention.

- Since everyone seems to be against Connor and Cordy – including perhaps most surprisingly Cordy herself – you have to wonder why anyone of the writers thought it would be a good idea. It doesn't help not knowing just how it's managed to further the story since from what I can tell it's only exaggerated elements that were already there (i.e. Connor's resentment towards Angel, Cordelia's lack of trust towards Angel.)

- 'This coming from a guy who can't get any, ever.'

- I was literally just going to type the fun now is trying to guess how on Earth Angelus will escape from the cage! I imagined that Wesley or Gunn would be involved; the latter seems surprisingly quick to temper and as a result of this then make mistakes.

- Random thought but Connor's probably going to be the one who lets Angelus out.

- I knew the kiss was coming from the DVD Menu but I'm relieved (?) that it seemed to be more or less rejected.

- It might be a stretch to say Angelus planned all of this but...

- Angelus and Connor have a really good banter, especially the part about Cordelia. :p

- To be honest, I don't think it's fair for people to blame Connor for having sex with Cordelia. After all quite a long time passed for him.

- It's strange. On the one hand, I so want Angelus to get out and wreak havoc but then on the other I don't.

- I now have an image in my head of Angelus driving around in a Mustang and it is spectacular.

- Oh My God what if Angelus kills Cordy?!!

- Yeah. The Beast is a big, hard thing all right.

- What's the betting the Beast has gone and killed them all?

- Y'know sometimes I'm glad I'm wrong about things. ;-)

- That was a nice moment of pathos for Connor.

- The Shaman's probably dead as well, isn't he?

- Wait, who are the twins? Can he tell that Cordelia's pregnant? Or was he just talking about her thighs?

- Now the fun can really begin... (But seriously what a good ending. Cordelia's f**ked.)

- To conclude, this was a fantastic episode and one of my favourites in the series so far. I think David Boreanaz put in a really good performance and perhaps it's just my bad memory but I don't ever think we've seen Angelus this restrained – literal or otherwise. In fact, everyone was really good here and I liked the little callbacks to earlier episodes too (my favourite of these being the, 'Is that my shirt?' line which was no doubt referencing Angel's coat.) And, maybe it's just the fact it's early in the morning and the volume's loud, but I thought the use of sound was really effective – like when Angelus got too close to the bars. Ultimately, it's difficult to anticipate how long Angelus'll be around for but I think that's pretty good. The real question for now is whose got Angel's soul and whether or not they'll give it back.

And I don't have much of an opinion on Kennedy so far. Still, I look forward to seeing Empty Places and what she gets up to there!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never claimed or said she was

I am a big buffy fan so i don't need to be told what is wrong or what is right. I know the buffy world and the characters like the back of my hand

I said Willow never liked women as a whole and explained this in The Killer In Me. That to me explains Willow's in her early days of her sexuality.

"rolls eyes"

I think i was just reminded why i stopped posting in here in the first place. Rude members.

Sorry if you thought I was being rude. I was just answering a point you made that Willow only ever fell in love with one female (Tara) implying she wasn't lesbian but bi-sexual. The character clearly identifies as a lesbian.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Valourant wrote: »
    Soulless
    - Wait – Sam Astin directed this episode. Of Lord of the Rings?

You mean Sean Astin. Obviously Sam was his character :)

And yes.. he did direct this episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrkite77 wrote: »
    You mean Sean Astin. Obviously Sam was his character :)

And yes.. he did direct this episode.

Ah my bad. Still, that's quite cool. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Sorry if you thought I was being rude. I was just answering a point you made that Willow only ever fell in love with one female (Tara) implying she wasn't lesbian but bi-sexual. The character clearly identifies as a lesbian.

No it's fine
    Bad end to a bad week. Apologies for taking it out on you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First Date

- Random thought but the Scoobies really need a new hub now that both the Library and the Magic Box have been destroyed. Even more random but I also wonder whatever happened to Ethan Rayne? And how on Earth is the final battle going to work considering that Buffy can't touch The First? Is that what Spike is needed for?

- 'I don't understand a word you are saying.' I do – at least enough to know that was one of the best cold openings we've had in quite a while! There's one major thing that bugs me though – how did Robson not see Giles take care of the Bringer?

- Buffy questioning the ethics of what the Initiative did to Spike seemed kinda bizarre until you consider she's maybe in love.

- 'I do love a good kayak.' (That's a Giles quote which I'll always remember; it's one of my favourites.)

- I enjoyed the juxtaposition of Buffy looking for supplies with the dramatic music.

- I don't suppose Principal Wood confiscated all those?

- You can tell Willow used to write fan-fiction. :p

- The Scoobies also had a good banter throughout that particular scene.

- The joke about being unable to understand someone is so old hat but nevertheless Anthony Head somehow manages to make it funny.

- How does one even get rid of The First? I'm not asking for spoilers about the finale or anything but like how did Spike stop seeing him a few back episodes back? Did he just go and haunt somebody else? I'm asking because 'Jonathan' said he was never going to leave Andrew alone until he killed the Potential Girls.

- 'Observe my bitter ranting.' :)

- I was half-expecting the sound of Anya urinating to puncture that conversation between Buffy and Spike.

- Also, I wonder what happened to the girl from the wedding? Did Spike kill her when he was killing under the influence?

- Giles' flashcards never fail to make me laugh. :D

- This episode should have been called Date-fest 2003.

- I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kennedy got shot by the gun.

- Ooh is Principal Wood a Watcher or something?

- Freelancer is a good way of putting it although I think that Rogue Demon Hunter would be a lot better. (Seriously I'd love if we got a reference to Wesley at some point.)

- No one can take Buffy's counselling seriously lol.

- I wonder if we'll get to meet the Slayer who preceded Buffy at some point? I'd also like it a lot if there was an episode where Buffy got to communicate with them somehow? Not that I'd expect very many of you to get this reference but perhaps something akin to the Avatar State?

- I bet that Spike killed Principal Wood's mum. I also bet that she was the Slayer from Fool for Love!!

- I'm relieved that Principal Wood is a force for good but I'm not sure that explains the knife cleaning though. Who was stabbed? I'm sure we'd have found out already had the Bringers claimed another Potential Slayer.

- Danny Strong has been putting a great performance so far but... Why is Andrew so scared of The First? It can't do anything, at least not right now!

- I'm glad that Andrew didn't shoot all the girls. Moral ambiguity is good and all (if you can call it that!) but I don't know I really want things to work out for him in the end.

- I thought that Xander had gotten himself trapped in some sexy, funky fun at first! Also, I'm not all surprised that his date turned out to be evil. I am confused though – is she a Bringer? And what else is down there under the Seal?

- I imagine Xander and Anya will reunite once he's freed from the giant mousetrap of sorts?

- I like Dawn and Andrew's little rapport. (Friendship would be too strong a word.)

- Um... how did Xander find the time (and fingers!) to text? Unless that is his date texted and the rest of the Scoobies are being led into a trap?

- 'That's the best thing I've ever had in my mouth.' I'm sad to say my mind went there. :o:(

- No! Please don't bring the Turok Han back!

- Phew. No Turok Han and Principal Wood lives to fight another day.

- I don't suppose that Andrew's gay?

- Is she the Slayer from Fool for Love?

- Yup. I also think it might be quite an interesting twist if Principal Wood were possessed by The First.

- To conclude, I think this was surprisingly good. I hesitate to call it one of the best episodes this season because there have been several that surpassed it in quality but – a couple of choice nitpicks aside – I think it'll be one that I remember more or less fondly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calvary

- I wonder if Angelus will be forced to stay in the prison for the duration of his return? That might be quite interesting.

- Did he just say he was going to rape her to death?! :o

- Well so much for that little theory! And here was me thinking the cavalry was going to appear in the form of a Buffy regular.

- I imagine that Wolfram and Hart will be around until the end of the show? But then they're gone. They're all gone.

- Also, maybe Lilah is the one who took Angel's soul?

- No don't break up. :(

- It doesn't surprise me the Beast is just a subordinate owing to the fact that this ain't the finale. I also sensed that Gunn would try and burn Angelus alive but here's a thought – what if he too turns to the dark side?!!

- I don't hate Wesley for contributing to the uncoupling of Fred and Gun BUT...

- Anyone else think it'd be cool if Succubitch became a full time member of Angel Investigations?

- I totally thought Cordy would try and kill Lilah then, in the moment where her head tilted back and her eyes went all white!

- Angelus isn't the only one who got burned in this episode. Wesley. :p

- I swear Fred's about the only character who hasn't done serious wrong left in the series.

- 'His penis got diseases from a CHUMASH tribe.' :o

- It only just dawned on me that this is another bottle episode. Not that I'm complaining but the apocalypse must have really blown their budget, huh?

- Random thought but I expect Lindsey will reappear soon or at least be referenced considering what the Beast has made a bad habit of doing.

- I'm also half-anticipating Lilah to be killed by the Beast or Angelus at the end of the episode.

- I really want to see who the Beast is worshiping. Something tells me it won't be the Senior Partners.

- Something also tells me this won't work...

- Obviously Angelus is tricking them. :D:D:D

- Please be tricking them. Please be tricking them.

- Look at the grin. Of course he's faking.

- Yay! I'm curious to see what the explanation for the singing will be though. I don't suppose Lorne's some kind of double agent?

- So wait now no will one who is who...

- It's fun watching Angelus attempt to be Angel. And don't hug him Fred whatever you do!

- I'm pleasantly surprised how quickly they resolved that little plot. Then again it might have been too similar to Carpe Noctem thinking about it.

- The scene where Angelus was unable to find any people to eat was so darkly comic I loved it. I also liked before that his announcement he was off to save the world.

- I'm so happy fun-loving, psychopathic Angelus is back!

- Wesley?

- What the F**k Cordelia! What the F**k! Has she been possessed by The First or the Beast?!!!

- To conclude, this was a pretty good episode although in some respects it felt a tad too similar to last time around. Now don't get me wrong I loved Soulless but the idea of Angelus being trapped behind bars and messing with people was sort of that episode's gimmick. I'd have much preferred it had Angelus been let out a little bit sooner so that way we could have seen some of him pursuing Lilah through the Hyperion. To be fair though, that's a bit of a nitpick because this episode did have some pretty good dialogue and character moments. What's up with that ending though? I'm not entirely sure I like it. It just feels like a twist for the sake of a twist.

- Oh, and Faith is back next episode! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Why do you think I let him out, you stupid bitch?"

BTW, did you notice what Cordy stabbed Lilah with?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    "Why do you think I let him out, you stupid bitch?"

BTW, did you notice what Cordy stabbed Lilah with?

BIB - Nope, please enlighten me.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well,
    I really want to see who the Beast is worshiping.
    Re-watch that scene and it will answer both questions. :)

It only just dawned on me that this is another bottle episode. Not that I'm complaining but the apocalypse must have really blown
    Apocalypse Nowish? Sure, it would have cost a bit, but that wasn't the apocalypse...:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have another look ;) I missed it first time, too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll have another look when I come to watch the next episode. I get the impression though that either Cordelia worships the Beast or the Beast worships Cordelia. :o

Get it Done

- Now they buy dictionaries!

- Jesus! I scare too easy.

- 'Would you please let it go.' :)

- I've been meaning to ask when the D'Hoffryn plot was gonna kick in again...

- Andrew. :p

- Principal Wood is playing it awfully cool. I figured he would have more of a reaction to Buffy keeping known killers like Andrew and Spike under her roof.

- 'Repelled him would have perhaps been the better phrase.' :D

- That's quite a bleak death. :(

- But I thought The First was already here? It also reminds me of Angelus a little but I much prefer the latter. Although both can talk the talk Angelus can walk the walk as well. We haven't really seen The First do that of late.

- This is a bizarre time to get nostalgic but OH MY GOD WINNIE THE POOH!

- Is Buffy just trying to rile them up? I suppose on some level I can empathise with her anger but she just seems to be intentionally (?) making enemies of everyone. It's quite hard to have any sympathy for her.

- I wonder if puppets will actually be the key to defeating The First? (For the record I'm thinking more along the lines of Spike as opposed to Punch and Judy).

- I really hope there's a shadow caster sequence. It would remind me of how the Tale of Three Brothers is represented on screen in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (and that's one of my favourite bits.)

- Sounds like a ghost train...

- I imagine that's the first ever demon?

- I'm also quite impressed that Principal Wood hasn't automatically decided to kill Spike yet. Like, it strikes me that he's giving Buffy the benefit of the doubt.

- Are they like the original Watcher's Council?

- I like that Spike just went to get his coat and it helped him beat the demon. Coupled with the accompanying music, I think that was quite a bad ass moment.

- Principal Wood sort of reminds me of Angel's Holtz – albeit a much nicer version.

- I sort of lost interest in the episode towards the end but all those Turok Han trapped in a cavern seriously reminded me of orcs from The Lord of the Rings.

- To conclude, I didn't really enjoy this episode very much at all primarily because I feel like we got cheated out of a proper origin story. That's not just because the one we got was shunted towards the end of the episode but rather I always imagined the inception of the Slayer would be quite optimistic. Then again I suppose it foreshadowed (get it?) how future Watchers would attempt to use the Slayer against her own will. I also wish that Buffy's outburst had been dealt with in more detail because they never really addressed it after the fact. As I mentioned above, I can empathise with her anger but I don't think it was acceptable for her to take it out on her friends – someone should have really challenged her more about that. The best part of the episode was probably Spike. He got some good lines and moments and I'm pleased by how well he's adapted to having a soul. I'm also liking the little storyline with Principal Wood and I look forward to seeing how that is resolved. I don't suppose he'll be the final boss battle? Could you imagine if it was Giles though?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - I sort of lost interest in the episode towards the end but all those Turok Han trapped in a cavern seriously reminded me of orcs from The Lord of the Rings.

They actually licensed the software "Massive," which was developed for Lord of the Rings, to do the Turok Han sequence. The software was developed to animate massive groups of CGI characters in realistic group patterns - the idea being to save having to animate each individual, you set parameters for behaviour and the system animates them automatically.

Doctor Who also licensed Massive to animate the Adipose in season 4's "Partners in Crime."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    They actually licensed the software "Massive," which was developed for Lord of the Rings, to do the Turok Han sequence. The software was developed to animate massive groups of CGI characters in realistic group patterns - the idea being to save having to animate each individual, you set parameters for behaviour and the system animates them automatically.

Doctor Who also licensed Massive to animate the Adipose in season 4's "Partners in Crime."

Ah I'm familiar with that and the example you used. Now both shows have a Lord of the Rings connection of sorts!

Storyteller

- Maybe I'm just misremembering things but I'm sure I've heard a few good things about this one. I'm looking forward to it all the same.

- I love the Masterpiece Theatre vibe and the way that Andrew pronounces vam-pire.

- Anya's too forward sometimes lol.

- Amanda getting cut off. :p

- Andrew's vivid imagination has been far and away the highlight of this episode so far.

- I guess you could describe this episode as being like the poorer cousin of The Zeppo?

- 'Haltem.' :)

- I love all the little callbacks to earlier episodes, in particular the Marcie reference.

- 'This nasty vampire thing came out....it was just awful....awful.'

- Window sash. :p:D

- Please can we see some more of Andrew grilling the Scooby Gang? (And I really hope Xander and Anya get back together).

- Random thought but where was the seal in the ground back in Season 1? And 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and 6?

- I don't suppose they'll have to fight off all those Turok Han in the finale?

- Spike should take acting tips from Angelus.

- 'We are Gods.'

- I still would like to see the scene where Andrew first encountered The First (because that marked his proper return, right? Did he just come out of nowhere?)

- And I also laughed that he put his murder weapon back in with the cutlery.

- Amanda was certainly right about the marching band and their desire for violence!

- Huh. I never really thought there could be any underlying sexual tension between Spike and Principal Wood. ;-)

- I'll be surprised and disappointed if Xander and Anya don't get back together proper just because it would give the characters a nice conclusion of sorts. I know that there's still the comics to come (though whether or not I read them is still up in the air) but I do want there to be at least a little bit of resolution in the actual finale. I hope not everything ends up open ended.

- Andrew's scenes towards the end were pretty fantastic.

- The singing mutant at the end was cool.

- To conclude, I have conflicting thoughts about this particular episode. I know that might sound surprising since I quoted from it a bunch but aside from select moments here and there I didn't really invest in it much. I don't feel very well today so that's probably why. I'll have to re-watch it at some point to give it a fairer opinion cause in retrospect it did seem like there was a lot to love. The biggest gripe I have though is with Spike and Wood – anyone else feel like they're dragging out that story too much? It's a great idea don't get me wrong but surely he would have confronted either one of them about it by now?
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All those Turok Hans at the end of Get It Done are one of the most jaw dropping moments in the show IMO, and just like The Gentlemen, they scared the crap out of me, especially that first one that suddenly appears on the screen:o

I think I'm one of few people who hated Andrew in season 7:blush:. I liked him in s6, but he was so incredibly annoying in s7, tagging along and hovering around like a fart which won't dissapear>:(

OP, if you like Buffy and Lord Of The Rings, here's a mix of both (kind of!:p):

http://youtu.be/wFGmgSWd3wY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, if you like Buffy and Lord Of The Rings, here's a mix of both (kind of!:p):

http://youtu.be/wFGmgSWd3wY

That was quite good. Frodo's reaction was the best thing though. :D

Salvage

- I don't have a clue whether Cordelia is aware of what the Hell she's been up to but OH MY GOD THE BEAST WORSHIPS HER AND GAVE HER THE KNIFE!!!

- I didn't comment on this last time around but I'm surprised by how quickly the remaining members of Angel's team have decided to do away with their former leader. I know they're only taking precautions but to be fair he hasn't inflicted that much damage. Cordelia's the one they should really be after (and, whilst I hope they don't drag out her secret killing spree for that much longer, I hope they at least provide something of a parallel with Angelus' actions. I imagine that neither one of them is in total control?)

- The out of universe Powers that Be really missed a trick by not changing the opening credits to reflect that Angelus wears the trousers (and swooshy coat) now. I've also just noticed for the first time ever that there's actual imagery in the colour boxes that house the actors (i.e. Wesley's has what appears to be runes.)

- A-ha ha! Connor just labelled magic as junk. Someone's been watching Buffy I take it?

- Also, what's the betting the Beast has offed the Furies as well?

- Nothing says I'm over you like a giant axe to the body and face.

- No actually stab that – nothing says I'm over you like a snooker cue to the chest.

- Oh, and the whole scene of Angelus entering the bar to the amazement of everybody else reminded me so much of Harry Potter.

- Alexis Denisof looks like a serial killer with the grizzled face and the axe in his hand. There, I said it.

- LILAH! Oh sweet rainbows and kittens! Wesley's hallucinating though I imagine (ha!)

- Yup. Some things are too good to be true.

- Wait a minute. If Angelus can't get inside the Hyperion surely he's just going to go and slaughter countless others which is exactly what the gang wanted to avoid?

- Whose that girl? I know that girl. And how has perpetual darkness not affected where she's at? Analogy or oversight?

- I liked that little callback to Faith's first stint in Angel, with her reaction to the BRINGER'S knife.

- I'm glad that Stephanie Romanov is in this episode proper. I thought she'd be credited for just playing a corpse.

- I'm actually a little disappointed that Wesley's dismembered her at this point in the episode. I feel like a conversation between the two could have been made to last until the end credits. Then again perhaps she'll come back as a ghost that only Wesley can see? On second thoughts though that might be more than a little gimmicky...

- Ew. Did she just kiss the Beast? What the f**k have they done to Cordelia's character? Then again to be fair she's likely possessed (and I guess she can kiss whoever she wants within reason.... Er...)

- Wait so Cordelia is the thing that's worse than the Beast? No, no, no, no, no...

- Then again in terms of characterisation I suppose she's actually is! Unless the one talking to the Beast was some kind of clone?

- Not only does Faith manage to bust out of prison but also she manages to bust out some moves as well. What a class act. You go girl. ;-)

- On a more serious note, I like that Faith might potentially be the one who literally manages to save Angel's soul.

- 'Five by five.' :)

- Random thought but I wonder if Faith and Connor will get it on? I think they're both about the same age. I also wonder if Faith will be the Buffy regular who joins Angel next season? Or maybe not? I'm not entirely sure that she can be considered as such.

- 'This is Faith the Vampire Slayer.' Yeah, it doesn't have quite the same ring to it if you ask me.

- Wesley gave Faith the skinny on Fred? Ah I see what they did there.

- Legitimate question – who was the second person that Faith killed? I know there was the deputy mayor but who else? I imagine it was someone from Five by Five? Or did she just think she'd killed that Lee guy?

- I know this is probably unfair but Cordy's being such a hypocrite right now. I suppose though she doesn't want Angelus to be killed because it would interfere with her master plan.

- I never thought I'd say this but I agree with Angelus. Much as I'm happy that's Faith come back I want him to go toe to toe with Buffy again. Still, I'm really intrigued to see how this will all pan out. I'm expecting a reference to that Season 3 episode with 'Angelus' in and some kind of homage to Becoming as well.

- Maybe I'm jumping the gun here (and possibly the shark too for good measure) but I can totally see (oh no!) Connor and Faith getting it on.

- Legitimate question albeit random: has Angelus ever killed any Slayers?

- 'Let's eat.'

- I'm somewhat surprised that Angelus has allied himself with the Beast. I thought for sure he'd want Faith all to himself.

- I'm also a little bit taken aback that Wesley is having such a hard time with those wannabe vamps. I don't suppose he's having trouble killing things after his decapitation of Lilah?

- Correct me if I'm wrong but that's surely got to be the most brutal fight up to this point on either Buffy or Angel?

- I hesitate to call that an anticlimactic end to the Beast but I thought for sure the preceding battle would be a lot more prolonged than that. On the other hand though just how many episodes has he been around for now?!

- I don't know if this was the intended effect or not but when Connor found out he was going to be a dad and the dramatic music kicked in I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

- Duff Duff Duff Duff Duff Duff Duff Duff...

- To conclude, this was a pretty strong episode for the most part. I thought Faith's re-introduction was handled generally well and I feel like it's a good thing for the most part just how seamlessly she's integrated herself into the ongoing plot. I would like to see a little bit more of Angelus if possible but I suppose that's a good thing – it's certainly better than me being bored! Elsewhere, whilst I think the idea of Connor becoming a dad already is a little too twisted I couldn't help but enjoy that ending scene. Whatever's happening to Cordy is so f**ked up that coupled with the music I couldn't help be on board with it. That's not to say though I think it's so bad that it's ultimately good.

- And Cordelia stole Angel's soul and killed the Ra-Tet guy didn't she?!!!!! Didn't she?!!!!! What the Hell is going on???