Options

The 100 - E4 - UK Pace - NO SPOILERS (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bingbong wrote: »
    The first three episodes not great but after that it improves a lot. A decent sized cast meant that a lot of different plots developed during the series and that really worked well. Recommended.

This is the problem for me... if a show hasn't grabbed me with the first couple of episodes then I tend to lose interest. That said, I stuck with AoS and I'm glad I did but the Marvel universe appeals to me. Post apocalypse has been done so many times that it needs to be *very* good to interest me.

I am intending to watch this so I'll make my own mind up but really I'm getting a "unfeasably attractive group of youngster under go rites of passage while dying in a variety of interesting ways" kinda vibe about it.

Fingers crossed. :)
  • Options
    chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Apparently Ricky Whittle (ex-Hollyoaks) is in it too.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Ricky Whittle (ex-Hollyoaks) is in it too.
    he plays the robot :)
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much for the no spoilers eh ? ;)

Anyway, i've just watched the first episode on Netflix and I must say I got a much better vibe from it than I did the first episode of The Tomorrow People.

Certainly going to stick with it - will stick with E4 pace rather than Netflix as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much for the no spoilers eh ? ;)
    and he's not the ONLY one, though the other is 1/2 vampire. :o - though not the blood drinking / sun avoiding / into-a-bat changing / coffin sleeping part
    Tomorrow People first ep left me decidedly meh, just felt crammed full of bland characters, even with their supa powas :(
    The 100 has Janae from Neighbours so :D
  • Options
    bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    This is the problem for me... if a show hasn't grabbed me with the first couple of episodes then I tend to lose interest. That said, I stuck with AoS and I'm glad I did but the Marvel universe appeals to me. Post apocalypse has been done so many times that it needs to be *very* good to interest me.

I am intending to watch this so I'll make my own mind up but really I'm getting a "unfeasably attractive group of youngster under go rites of passage while dying in a variety of interesting ways" kinda vibe about it.

Fingers crossed. :)

I never made it through the first episodes of AoS or Revolution, and had no desire ever to watch either again. The 100 isn't that bad.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    and he's not the ONLY one, though the other is 1/2 vampire. :o - though not the blood drinking / sun avoiding / into-a-bat changing / coffin sleeping part
    Tomorrow People first ep left me decidedly meh, just felt crammed full of bland characters, even with their supa powas :(
    The 100 has Janae from Neighbours so :D

you're really going to town on those spoilers eh?
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Think I'll download it as I refuse to watch it in SD when Channel 4 still lock up their HD version with Sky. So in HD without the adverts beats what Channel 4 can offer to people who refuse to pay Sky.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this starts tonight on E4 at 9pm

Post-apocalyptic US drama, set 97 years after a nuclear Armageddon destroyed civilisation, in which 100 juvenile prisoners are exiled from their dying 'Ark' in space and sent back to Earth in the hope that they can repopulate the planet

will anyone be watching?

Im probably going to give it a go
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be watching but I don't hold out much hope if I'm honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I'll download it as I refuse to watch it in SD when Channel 4 still lock up their HD version with Sky. So in HD without the adverts beats what Channel 4 can offer to people who refuse to pay Sky.

How very principled of you. well done.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I'll be watching but I don't hold out much hope if I'm honest.

Im not holding out much hope either

Im expecting a poorer version of a Lost-esque type programme
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you're really going to town on those spoilers eh?
    I think I've been very restrained, haven't even mentioned
    the taking Koala Bear side kick, and musical episode and the shift into claymation/animation 5 eps into the series. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    Im not holding out much hope either

Im expecting a poorer version of a Lost-esque type programme

wow... that would be a truly crap show :D
  • Options
    chrishartxxchrishartxx Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I think I've been very restrained, haven't even mentioned
    the taking Koala Bear side kick, and musical episode and the shift into claymation/animation 5 eps into the series. :p

:o Sounds amazing, but could also be construed as the writers becoming increasingly desperate (or high on something) LOL.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starts tonight, really looking forward to this. I kind of fear it becoming really cheesy but i hope it doesn't. Does anyone know where in the US the show is filmed?
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Starts tonight, really looking forward to this. I kind of fear it becoming really cheesy but i hope it doesn't. Does anyone know where in the US the show is filmed?

nowhere in the US

filmed in Vancouver ;-)
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    nowhere in the US

filmed in Vancouver ;-)

Ah. I thought it might have been Canada but wasn't sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UK pace guys.

Although why bother, 15 minutes in and its so disappointing.

Brain dead, whoever wrote this did it in about 5 minutes giggling the whole time at how bad it is.

Literally everything so far is utterly implausible.

Casting is wretched as well, looks like they spent quite a bit on this crap.
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's amusing me - Hunger Games/Lord of the Flies! Happy to switch my brain of for the first episode at least.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have not seen a thread up but might as well do one lol

Anyone been/following this at the moment?

Seems OK and i'm going to stick it through I reckon

The only name I am familar with but he does not appear until episode 5 is Ricky Whittle (Hollyoaks, Dream Team, NCIS)
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I have not seen a thread up but might as well do one lol

Anyone been/following this at the moment?

Seems OK and i'm going to stick it through I reckon

The only name I am familar with but he does not appear until episode 5 is Ricky Whittle (Hollyoaks, Dream Team, NCIS)

Had high hopes for this but yet again a series full of overly pretty people
  • Options
    extraextraextraextra Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying it so far, have had the series recommended to me, so sticking with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Had high hopes for this but yet again a series full of overly pretty people

I probably assume its the "in thing" with Hollywood/TV networks in US, I was surprised we do have someone from UK on the show (admit I never followed Hollyoaks in my life but I knew who Ricky was)

But then again look at UKTV with "overly pretty people" too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    extraextra wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it so far, have had the series recommended to me, so sticking with it.

I am a bit surprised by it and find it more odd seeing E4 having something actually Sci0Fi on their channel!

I too am sticking with it - hopefully it gets better

I stuck to Revenge for really 1 season after it that became a chore I gave up in the end lol

EDIT: SPOTTED THERE IS A THREAD ON THE 100 IN SCI-FI IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO JOIN IN THAT THREAD PLEASE DO SO .... I THINK I'LL ASK MODS TO DELETE THIS THREAD