World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXIV (Spoilers)

Comments

• PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In WWE History, on this date (September 13th) in 1999, there was a 5-way match between Taker, The Rock, Mankind, Big Show and Kane.
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Hey, if you ever forget how much the WWE Network costs, then they've thankfully made a little song to help you remember....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqtZMNAkLgE

It's actually quite catchy :D:D:D

Awesome. :D
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Apparently Neville, Breeze and Zayn are scheduled for Raw and Smackdown tapings next week. Yay!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest Top 10 video on the official WWE YouTube channel - The most surprising championship changes.
    1) David Arquette winning the WCW Championship off DDP by pinning Eric Bischoff (WCW Thunder 2000)
    2) Andre The Giant winning the WWE Championship against Hulk Hogan (The Main Event 1988)
    3) Vince McMahon winning the WWE Championship against Triple H (Smackdown 1999)
    4) Shawn Michaels winning the WWE Championship against Bret Hart (Survivor Series 1997)
    5) Edge winning the WWE Championship against John Cena (New Year's Revolution 2006)
    6) Sheamus winning the WWE Championship against John Cena (TLC 2009)
    7) Jeff Hardy winning the Intercontinental Championship against Triple H (Smackdown 2001)
    8) Paige winning the Divas Championship against AJ Lee (Raw 2014)
    9) Jillian winning the Divas Championship against Mickie James (Raw 2009)
    10) Kenny and Mikey (Spirit Squad) winning the World Tag Team Championship against Big Show and Kane (Raw 2006)

I agree with David Arquette being number 1. :o:(

I liked Jeff Hardy defeating Triple H and Edge defeating John Cena but my favorite is Paige defeating AJ Lee on her main roster debut. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Apparently Neville, Breeze and Zayn are scheduled for Raw and Smackdown tapings next week. Yay!

That's great news I enjoyed Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn on Raw last week.

I'm not a fan of Tyler Breeze.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    That's great news I enjoyed Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn on Raw last week.

I'm not a fan of Tyler Breeze.

Aww, why not? He's completely into the character and he's actually way better in the ring than what most people probably anticipated. Plus, his theme is hilarious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    Aww, why not? He's completely into the character and he's actually way better in the ring than what most people probably anticipated. Plus, his theme is hilarious.

I just don't like his character, the only wrestlers I like on NXT are:

Superstars: Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn and Hideo Itami.

Divas: Alexa Bliss, Bayley, Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Charlotte on your list either? :o
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He is one of the few that actually understands the business. He not looking to be cool etc like most heels nowadays. The gimmick could be up there with Million Dollar man and Mr Perfect if done in the right way when he goes to the main roster.

Plus as you say he is a pretty good talent
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Charlotte on your list either? :o

I don't like her either she's a good wrestler though but I prefer the other Divas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest WWE.com poll - What is the best Divas finishing move ever?

I picked Victoria's Widow's Peak.

However I would've picked Paige's PTO if it was an option.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    He is one of the few that actually understands the business. He not looking to be cool etc like most heels nowadays. The gimmick could be up there with Million Dollar man and Mr Perfect if done in the right way when he goes to the main roster.

Plus as you say he is a pretty good talent

He's got a lot going for him indeed. I fear they mightn't take him seriously enough on the main roster, especially seeing that he's pretty slight in terms of build and height. But I think he can do comedy and seriousness equally well. He kinda reminds me of early 90s Shawn Michaels as well as Christian and I suppose Dolph Ziggler.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got a lot going for him indeed. I fear they mightn't take him seriously enough on the main roster, especially seeing that he's pretty slight in terms of build and height. But I think he can do comedy and seriousness equally well. He kinda reminds me of early 90s Shawn Michaels as well as Christian and I suppose Dolph Ziggler.

Yea his build is against him but I am always hopeful that sooner or later the office will get over their obsession with that and just look at if he can do the job or not.

Don't see him as a long term main event player but he is perfect for the level just under that (as long as they keep him as a heel).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In WWE History, on this date (September 14th):

In 1998 (Raw): In the main event Stone Cold Steve Austin drew with Ken Shamrock.
    In 1999 (Smackdown Taping): In the main event Vince McMahon defeated Triple H to win the WWE Championship.
    In 2001 (Smackdown): Rob Van Dam defeated Spike Dudley to retain the Hardcore Championship.
    In 2004 (Smackdown Taping): John Cena defeated Booker T.
    In 2009 (Raw): Trish Stratus was the Raw Guest Hostess and in the main event Mark Henry, M.V.P and Trish Stratus defeated Chris Jericho, Big Show and Beth Phoenix.
    In 2010 (Smackdown Taping): Michelle McCool and Layla defeated Kelly Kelly and Rosa Mendes.
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Latest Top 10 video on the official WWE YouTube channel - The most surprising championship changes.

I agree with David Arquette being number 1. :o:(

I liked Jeff Hardy defeating Triple H and Edge defeating John Cena but my favorite is Paige defeating AJ Lee on her main roster debut. :cool:

Ah David Arquette winning the WCW championship imo was the beginning of the end for WCW when I first heard about it I thought to myself no way the David Arquette:o. Glad to see that Jeff Hardy winning the IC title from HHH was on the list as well as my gal Paige beating AJ for the Divas title:cool: but my personal favourite was Edge beating John Cena for the WWE title at NYR 2006:).
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Latest WWE.com poll - What is the best Divas finishing move ever?

I picked Victoria's Widow's Peak.

However I would've picked Paige's PTO if it was an option.

It was a tough choice for me but in the end I picked Litas moonsault.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too sure if anyone will know the answer to this but i thought i'd ask.I've got a Jim Ross figure from the 90's unopened.What makes this figure unusual is the badge on the jacket says WAR TONY,i'm guessing it should have said WAR ZONE.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the reason for this & is it worth anything?

245b849584899c0ab819c90a5c65ae1a.jpg
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    Not too sure if anyone will know the answer to this but i thought i'd ask.I've got a Jim Ross figure from the 90's unopened.What makes this figure unusual is the badge on the jacket says WAR TONY I'm guessing it should have said WAR ZONE.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the reason for this & is it worth anything?

245b849584899c0ab819c90a5c65ae1a.jpg

Not rare I'm afraid - that's how they were produced and all of them said that. Still sell for $15, so you may get up to $30-$50 if you eBayed it and someone also thought it was rare! Once you get to values where people bother to research though, it plummets.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers for the reply.I don't plan to sell it.It was more curiousity than anything else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In WWE History, on this date (September 14th):
    In 1999 (Smackdown Taping): In the main event Vince McMahon defeated Triple H to win the WWE Championship.

Ugh, I remember this, which is depressing. There was also, for a reason I don't remember, a 5 man Royal Rumble match on this show which Undertaker won. It was bad.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply.I don't plan to sell it.It was more curiousity than anything else.

No probs. I'm an action figure collector, but not wrestling - so that's from a quick look up at a resource and my own experience on the prices.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Would love to see a Stephanie Vs Aj Lee Feud in the future
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    rua is god wrote: »
    Ugh, I remember this, which is depressing. There was also, for a reason I don't remember, a 5 man Royal Rumble match on this show which Undertaker won. It was bad.

Wasn't that the participants of the 6 man match for the next ppv? Minus Triple H who was fighting Vince. So the mine rumble was just a preview for the ppv match....Which ended up 5 men because Taker got hurt
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,975
    Forum Member
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    I Would love to see a Stephanie Vs Aj Lee Feud in the future

I would really enjoy that I think. As I've said before, Stephanie vs Brie worked well, even the match, so I imagine giving Stephanie someone who can work the mic and work the ring will be brilliant.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just wondered has Renee Young been on RAW since Dean Ambrose got attacked by Kane & Rollins
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    just wondered has Renee Young been on RAW since Dean Ambrose got attacked by Kane & Rollins

I don't know, she's been on Smackdown at least she interviewed Chris Jericho.
This discussion has been closed.