Options

Gaza - Come on Cameron, Your Silence is Deafening!

GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
Forum Member
Cameron and the British government have remained completely silent about the condemning of Israel in the Gaza slaughter. While (rightfully) condemning Hamas and calling for a ceasefire not one word has escaped the lips of Cameron or Hammond about condemning Israel's disproportionate actions.

Cameron seems to enjoy taking to the world stage (Blair fashion) and upping his international profile - Libya, miffed at being baulked in Syria, and now he's gleefully enjoying throwing stones at the Russian bear before dodging back to hide behind Uncle Sam's coattails.

And yet - this massacre in Gaza gets very little attention. Perhaps rather than getting red in the face over Putin he can spare a thought for those suffering.

Come on Dave! What's the matter with you?

Comments

• Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Cameron and the British government have remained completely silent about the condemning of Israel in the Gaza slaughter. While (rightfully) condemning Hamas and calling for a ceasefire not one word has escaped the lips of Cameron or Hammond about condemning Israel's disproportionate actions.

Cameron seems to enjoy taking to the world stage (Blair fashion) and upping his international profile - Libya, miffed at being baulked in Syria, and now he's gleefully enjoying throwing stones at the Russian bear before dodging back to hide behind Uncle Sam's coattails.

And yet - this massacre in Gaza gets very little attention. Perhaps rather than getting red in the face over Putin he can spare a thought for those suffering.

Come on Dave! What's the matter with you?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/02/ed-miliband-david-cameron-inexplicable-silence-gaza

In the world according to Dave, highlighting his silence over the matter is "playing politics" - he's a feeble excuse for a prime minister.
  • Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Why should he? Hamas is killing their own children by using them as human shields. Cameron is quite right to condemn them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Boyard wrote: »
    Why should he? Hamas is killing their own children by using them as human shields. Cameron is quite right to condemn them.

The person who aims and pulls a trigger at the child is the murderer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dosanjh1 wrote: »

Oh please. War is not that simple. Why does Hamas keep storing their rockets in schools and hospitals when they know Israel needs to destroy them? They are killing their own children.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh please. War is not that simple. Why does Hamas keep storing their rockets in schools and hospitals when they know Israel needs to destroy them? They are killing their own children.

Your trying to reconcile the horror of murdering a child by reversing the blame on the victim. I understand you do that so you can sleep at night but the person who pulls the trigger is the person who kills.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I think Cameron condemning either side serves no purpose whatsoever. He may as well join DS and post it here - it would do as much good.

Neither side will care
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    I was hoping this thread would be more targeted at the British Establishment's (non) reaction to the crisis rather than the situation on the ground, which is covered in other threads.

Miliband has now criticised Cameron over his failure to censure Israel.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, if a person aims at the child.

At the other end of the scale

How about the tube driver when someone is pushed off the platform?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Your trying to reconcile the horror of murdering a child by reversing the blame on the victim. I understand you do that so you can sleep at night but the person who pulls the trigger is the person who kills.

I can sleep at night anyway. Thousands of children have been killed in Syria too but it wasn't reported in such a ridiculously over the top emotive way. With all the photos of dead kids being tastelessly bandied around. Children die around the world constantly and have for years. Have you always cried for Africa every night? The focus on the children feels massively manipulative to me. It's all very South Park "somebody think of the children!!!" Especially Jon Snow's embarrassing and unprofessional display.

You are being emotionally manipulated by the media.
  • Options
    rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Jewish population has it's hands so deeply in the pockets of the west and owns just about everything from media groups, industry, finance and so on, even the guy running the bank of England mark carney is Jewish. Do you think the spineless David would dare criticise Israel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rufusrain wrote: »
    The Jewish population has it's hands so deeply in the pockets of the west and owns just about everything from media groups, industry, finance and so on, even the guy running the bank of England mark carney is Jewish. Do you think the spineless David would dare criticise Israel.

Not spineless but wise in that case, surely? Do you think he should put all the above at risk just for a nice sound bite that won't make any difference anyway?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can sleep at night anyway. Thousands of children have been killed in Syria too but it wasn't reported in such a ridiculously over the top emotive way. With all the photos of dead kids being tastelessly bandied around. Children die around the world constantly and have for years. Have you always cried for Africa every night? The focus on the children feels massively manipulative to me. It's all very South Park "somebody think of the children!!!" Especially Jon Snow's embarrassing and unprofessional display.

You are being emotionally manipulated by the media.

One of the largest and best equipped military forces in the world kills children in their sleep. Firstly blame the victims and then denounce any criticism as emotional manipulation. This just proves my point that your reversing the blame.

Anyways as GGP says, this is OT
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One of the largest and best equipped military forces in the world kills children in their sleep. Firstly blame the victims and then denounce any criticism as emotional manipulation. This just proves my point that your reversing the blame.

Anyways as GGP says, this is OT

What? I didn't blame the victim. I blamed Hamas.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    To be honest I think Cameron condemning either side serves no purpose whatsoever. He may as well join DS and post it here - it would do as much good.

Neither side will care

Exactly. In my opinion, you can't condem one, without the other. More importantly, we can't exactly help the terrorists, now can we?
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping this thread would be more targeted at the British Establishment's (non) reaction to the crisis rather than the situation on the ground, which is covered in other threads.

Miliband has now criticised Cameron over his failure to censure Israel.

Ed's playing politics. Nothing new there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And there lies the reasons it remains untouchable, unlike most other countries. You also have the Tories, friends of Israel MP's and backers to consider, and donations and support. Dave is doing the country a disservice by not reflecting the anger of most of the nation, one can only wonder why he isn't...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »
    Ed's playing politics. Nothing new there.

He has every right to point it out, it's what's expected of the opposition.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member

So a religion of just 13.5 million has such a drastic effect on the other 5 BILLION people in the world , interesting concept :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What? I didn't blame the victim. I blamed Hamas.

The victims families are also victims.
  • Options
    LandisLandis Posts: 14,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The comment about playing politics is easily the most stupid statement to come out of Downing Street in the past 24 hours.

I would love to hear them expand on this.......
    Do they have a problem with the timing of Ed's comment? Do they think the public are not discussing this topic right now? Maybe their e-mail is down?

Politician discusses politics shocker.
  • Options
    Noel CanardNoel Canard Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think we're all getting quite tired of this excuse by Israel. Were children playing football human shields?

Or those that were killed in UN shelters?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paul2307 wrote: »
    So a religion of just 13.5 million has such a drastic effect on the other 5 BILLION people in the world , interesting concept :confused:

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has every right to point it out, it's what's expected of the opposition.

Of course he has, but it's not his rights that I'm criticising, it's his reasons for doing so.

The fact that Cameron hasn't waded into the debate, upping the ante on a situation already more than over-inflamed doesn't indicate his support for Israel's response.
  • Options
    crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So david cameron tells Israel they are being naughty! Then what! Nothing. Britain has no voice on the international scene! Look at russia. Best we keep our noses clean and mind our own business.

Anyway a good war might be what the world needs. A few killed for 100 years of peace and save future lives!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we're all getting quite tired of this excuse by Israel. Were children playing football human shields?

Or those that were killed in UN shelters?

Playing football while the area is being bombed isn't exactly a good idea.

And what use are the shelters if they don't protect from the bombs?

If you are getting tired of the excuses and deaths, then get Hamas to stop attacking Israel.