McDonalds - Great Tastes of America

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    can't wait to see this year's version of the inevitable glassware promotion. five glasses in different olympic ring colours? :D

The mcglasswear is the only glasswear me and my boyf have in our flat! they were selling off at £1 a glass at the end of last years...cheaper than anywhere else!
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    The mcglasswear is the only glasswear me and my boyf have in our flat! they were selling off at £1 a glass at the end of last years...cheaper than anywhere else!

lol same here...although we did pinch afew from our local pub aswell :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yes I will be reading this...
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    route 101 wrote: »
    Chicago supreme is on the menu , Anyone had that?
    I've not had it yet but I'm having it on Friday, can't wait!
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not had it yet but I'm having it on Friday, can't wait!

What an exciting life you lead! :p:D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just fired off an email to Jill Mcdonald the boss of the UK McDonald's about the boredom which is the McDonald's UK menu. I will let you all know if I get any response! :D
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why can't they do an Cheese & Egg Burger? I always have a fried egg in my burgers from the caff. Yum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Just fired off an email to Jill Mcdonald the boss of the UK McDonald's about the boredom which is the McDonald's UK menu. I will let you all know if I get any response! :D

Yes please do. I took a quick peek at the link posted with menu variations round the world and our menu looks pants! Same "specials" every year yawn! Cheers for emailing them aswell,I hope they listen!
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    route 101 wrote: »
    Chicago supreme is on the menu , Anyone had that?

I had one today, decent enough but as I've said throughout, sod all relating specifically to Chicago and essentially just a Bacon Cheeseburger with a bit of Salsa thrown in.

I picked up a leaflet that advertises all 4 and it seems the New York burger for Week 4 is also a Bacon Cheeseburger, in the same bun, the only difference is that instead of Salsa, you get ketchup and mustard (which arguably are not unique ingredients to NY - they could feature in almost any burger)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    I had one today, decent enough but as I've said throughout, sod all relating specifically to Chicago and essentially just a Bacon Cheeseburger with a bit of Salsa thrown in.

I picked up a leaflet that advertises all 4 and it seems the New York burger for Week 4 is also a Bacon Cheeseburger, in the same bun, the only difference is that instead of Salsa, you get ketchup and mustard (which arguably are not unique ingredients to NY - they could feature in almost any burger)

:yawn: The same bun :yawn: Seems like nobody at Mcdonald's UK gives a four X about the menu! In my email to Jill, I mentioned that the glass promotion will no doubt come back next month! It's that predictable! :yawn:
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please do...did you mention any specifics like what they have in the US for example? Be interested to see what she has to say.
    :yawn: The same bun :yawn: Seems like nobody at Mcdonald's UK gives a four X about the menu! In my email to Jill, I mentioned that the glass promotion will no doubt come back next month! It's that predictable! :yawn:

Yup...same bun, boring!! Although it's quite obvious that McD's are a business that are in the business of making a lot of money. The best way to do that is to have items (like buns, for example) that can be used across multiple products. I know it's boring, but it makes money.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an exciting life you lead! :p:D;)
    I'm happy with my life, thanks :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No response from Jill Mcdonald yet. Anyone else want to send her an email? PM me for her address.
  • route 101route 101 Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    I tried the Chicago Supreme today , was exactly the same as the Texas Bqq except had no bqq sauce . No salsa or anything.
  • callmemaybecallmemaybe Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could do with some Maccy right now:(
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,904
    Forum Member
    You can't blame McDonalds for selling the same burgers. They have become one of the biggest restaurant chains in the world by selling what their customers want.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't blame McDonalds for selling the same burgers. They have become one of the biggest restaurant chains in the world by selling what their customers want.

People will buy what's available.

The real reason is that having a varied menu costs more money.
    Forum Member
    c4rv wrote: »

I.e. They make more money from having the same things. Exactly what i said.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Slightly different points I think. People just except the menu and don't complain. As has been mentioned, in other countires there is a vast variety of menu options that we don't get.

If McD put tried them then they may find that people like them, but they won't because they are successful as is and people go along with what they currently offer.

Unfortuantley a few emails from DS members isn't going to change anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »

But this is really the reason I started this thread in the first place last year.

They advertise supposed variety each year with this Tastes of America nonsense and each year it seems 3 of the 4 are usually just a Bacon Cheeseburger with a slight nuance. As I mentioned in a previous post, the only difference between the Chicago and New York burger is that one has Salsa and the other has Ketchup and Mustard (which are generic burger condiments rather than a unique taste of America or indeed New York)

The fact remains that McD's clearly go to a lot of effort (and one assumes expense) to advertise this, to change marketing displays in each outlet in a weekly basis during this promo, when as you say, the end product is nothing different or unique.

So they are spending money presumably but not really varying the menu, but are trying to give the illusion that they are by having 4 burgers in 4 weeks.

Why not just have 1 general American themed burger for 4 weeks, rather than 4 similar burgers in 4 weeks that don't particularly bear any relation to the cities/states mentioned?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, that excuse doesn't cut it. How can they offer a far more varied selection on the regular menu in America and Australia, yet still trot out the same old rubbish each year here in the UK?
    Forum Member
    Sorry, that excuse doesn't cut it. How can they offer a far more varied selection on the regular menu in America and Australia, yet still trot out the same old rubbish each year here in the UK?

Different markets. Like I say, McDonalds didn't become the success they are by not knowing what they're doing.
  • route 101route 101 Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Arizona Nacho Grande is the next Tastes of America Burger . This one looks the most interesing but they had nachos in the Christmas burger .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different markets. Like I say, McDonalds didn't become the success they are by not knowing what they're doing.

Again, I think you're making excuses for McDonald's being lazy here in the UK. I think Angus Burgers would go down well over here along with products like McGriddles. We are not that different in tastes with Australia and the USA.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually had another Chicago Burger today, again it was very nice indeed (in the context of fast food burgers) but again, I still don't really see the relevance of Chicago - it's just a generic burger that could be from just about anywhere.

I'm looking forward to the Arizona burger, because I do really like the ingredients (Pepperoni and Pepper Cheese), but once again I fail to see how these ingredients relate to Arizona any more than they relate to other regions of the US.