San Andreas Out Today!

Comments

• jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shouldn't people who've already PAID for a game, not have to pay for it again?
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    I had it on xbox1 but sold it after the rubbish run and gun controls - also sold gta4 so I guess it's a franchise I won't get into.

Also, I had a ps2 but sold it within 6 months for a dreamcast which I gt bored with, so being able to buy ps2 games for £3-£4 is a. Good thing for me - would never buy discs as its a hassle - much easier to download to disc, although I downloaded 'football generations' for 99p which is a real steaming pile of dog s,,t - why do they put bad games up for sale ?
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 said on the GTAV thread that vice city is going to be released on PSN next week for 7.99 Sweet!
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    I've always said it's the best GTA but I actually forgot just how much better it really is than the others. Sets up the main players and perfect tone of the story immediately and is just a lot more fun to play than its brothers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    San Andreas will always be the best for me, such a sprawling landscape to explore. With plenty to do, unlike most games these days. Vice City always felt a little too claustrophobic for my tastes.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant game. I love SA the most but being used to the great graphics now it made my eyes sore. I had hoped they'd have improved the graphics a bit but sadly not
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought the game the other day, don't care how much it is, its one of my favourite games of all time and I still really enjoy playing it, 11.99 to enjoy yourself endlessly? thats cheaper then buying say a DVD and only getting a few hours out of it!

took over 7 hours to download yesterday though :eek: but I've played on it this morning! looking forward to going through the whole story again...for the like the 5th time :D

anyone know if you can still do cheats on it? probably use them for when I'm messing around and things.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Yes you can the old cheats are still there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »

cool thanks, only gonna use them when not doing missions/saving though, want to try to complete without cheats!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Managed to complete the dancing car mission first time, could never do it on the PC version for some reason.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »

Is that the same for Vice City Ash?

I tend to 'need help' sometimes with GTA :D
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Is that the same for Vice City Ash?

I tend to 'need help' sometimes with GTA :D

It's a PS2 game just emulated so yep cheats will VERY likely work ;)
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    It's a PS2 game just emulated so yep cheats will VERY likely work ;)

A belated thank you. They do indeed.

I've just been riding a tractor through Los Santos listening to Mr Conway Twitty....as you do :D
  • FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    A belated thank you. They do indeed.

I've just been riding a tractor through Los Santos listening to Mr Conway Twitty....as you do :D

:D The simple pleasures in life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sanchez has to be the single most entertaining vehicle in gaming history.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    Managed to complete the dancing car mission first time, could never do it on the PC version for some reason.

The controls. It took me about 5 gos before i got it right, was a pain in the backside.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I downloaded this the other day. For some reason it seems to be much harder than I remembered. I'm doing the mission where you have to load a truck with some boxes and then get the guy in the truck to throw them at your pursuers. I must have failed it at least 5 times now. Also having to restart missions from the beginning is a massive pain in the arse.
  • TVScourgeTVScourge Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Casual wrote: »
    I downloaded this the other day. For some reason it seems to be much harder than I remembered. I'm doing the mission where you have to load a truck with some boxes and then get the guy in the truck to throw them at your pursuers. I must have failed it at least 5 times now. Also having to restart missions from the beginning is a massive pain in the arse.

Funnily enough I never failed that mission, but got the game on PS3 and I failed that because Ryder blew me up. Started again.
    Forum Member
    The freaking learning to fly mission is annoying me! I bloody stuck at the part where you have to blow up the tanks on runway (or cars) then blow up cars moving
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ I hated the flying missions. I've forgotten why CJ even needed the pilot's license at that point. What made them worse was knowing that the glitzy sights of Las Venturas awaiting you, you just had to get through those tough missions! I did like the one where you board a plane and have a shoot-out though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The aiming lock-on system is abysmal in this, don't remember it being this bad on the PS2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVScourge wrote: »
    Funnily enough I never failed that mission, but got the game on PS3 and I failed that because Ryder blew me up. Started again.

Finally did it last night. And despite coming off the motorbike at least 10 times I managed to do the mission where you chase Freddie on my first try. I never managed that on the PS2 :D The thing that's driving me really potty is the camera.

I thought the graphics would put me off playing but I don't think it looks too bad. I wish they'd done a HD remake though. If they did it'd probably become one the best selling games on the PS3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    Finally did it last night. And despite coming off the motorbike at least 10 times I managed to do the mission where you chase Freddie on my first try. I never managed that on the PS2 :D The thing that's driving me really potty is the camera.

I did that mission first time on the PS3, don't understand why it took you so many goes

the mission I always remembered as an easy mission but took me loads of attempts was the one where you have to drive alongside the train whilst Big Smoke shoots them on top, I didn't have any weapons so just had to let him shoot and I kept failing, ended up killing some ballas to get a gun and kept driving ahead of the train to get off and shoot them, in the end the last person fell at the very last minute!

one thing, when you fail a mission due to dying, I honestly don't remember losing weapons every time, thought it was only if you get busted :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    I did that mission first time on the PS3, don't understand why it took you so many goes

the mission I always remembered as an easy mission but took me loads of attempts was the one where you have to drive alongside the train whilst Big Smoke shoots them on top, I didn't have any weapons so just had to let him shoot and I kept failing, ended up killing some ballas to get a gun and kept driving ahead of the train to get off and shoot them, in the end the last person fell at the very last minute!

one thing, when you fail a mission due to dying, I honestly don't remember losing weapons every time, thought it was only if you get busted :confused:

Wrong Side of the Tracks :mad::mad::mad: Screw that mission! Tried it late last night. Got to the bit where you have to go up the dirt track on the right hand side, fell off the edge, somehow survived but my bike vanished and I failed the mission. Ragequit.

I haven't lost any weapons due to failing a mission, are you sure that's what's happening? If so it sounds like a bug. That never used to happen, ever.