Philips 28inch Widescreen problems

I'm afraid I don't have the exact model number to hand, but it's a standard Philips widescreen TV (not plasma or LCD!), and I've had it since last summer.

The problem was immediately evident to me, but lazy as I am I failed to take it up when I acquired it. I just want to know how widespread the problem I'm about to describe is, and whether anyone knows what may be behind it. It seems to be getting worse!

Philips are useless (they simply send out automated e-mails about contacting the retailer - who went bust (Allders).)

The picture is not stable. Depending on the level of contrast in any horizontal plain it will buckle and distort shapes. The right-hand margin (when visible during programmes like BBC News) will sway outwards or bend inwards. Buildings are often not trully vertical when set against a bright sky. And lampposts are often terribly contorted!

Any ticker messages on the bottom of the screen give the impression they are bending inwards and outwards as they play across.

Added to that, the Sky epg has a 'crinkled' appearance whenever its called up.

Any thoughts would be welcomed. I'm probably going to have to fund a repair myself. Whether it's just a tinkering adjustment or a significant fault I'm lfacing is really what I'm after here.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    ring up a few repair shops, explain the fault and ask for a quote.

AdamS.
  • BrianDeeBrianDee Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope its not the 26PW6006 as I've got one of them and so far after 18 months well pleased. I hope its only because your aerial has rusted away or clogged up with seagull crap ! :D