Results?

Jill_FanJill_Fan Posts: 1,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Am I stupid or were the results of DWTS not on on Friday? It said on my EPG that it ended at 11.20pm, but in actual fact it ended at about 10.45. What happened? I still don't know whos gone :confused:

Comments

• kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They decided to have everyone dance twice and then have a double elimination so there was no result show
  • Jill_FanJill_Fan Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohhhhhh ok. I must have fell asleep because I didn't hear that part. So next week theres 2 going?
  • grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jill_Fan wrote: »
    Ohhhhhh ok. I must have fell asleep because I didn't hear that part. So next week theres 2 going?

Correct. All dancers get to dance the opposite style next week (mambo or quickstep). Following day will be the first Results Show and the lowest male and lowest female will be voted off the show.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Which I wish the SCD mob would do as well, as then we would get a chance to see what the celebs make of both ballroom and latin. And they would all be around for two weeks instead of someone getting knocked out the first week. SCD Producers please take note!!!!
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    Which I wish the SCD mob would do as well, as then we would get a chance to see what the celebs make of both ballroom and latin. And they would all be around for two weeks instead of someone getting knocked out the first week. SCD Producers please take note!!!!

totally agree as you get a better picture of who can dance and if they can dance both style
  • martyboymartyboy Posts: 1,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that having the first week elimination-free was a really good idea, and ought to be taken up for SCD.

I think the absence of an elimination also takes a bit of the pressure off the competitors for the first week. I think most of them were nervous enough, without the additional worry about the embarrassment of getting voted off. Maybe it helped them all to feel a little bit more relaxed than otherwise.

It always seems a huge pity that some couple does 4 weeks of practice, and one dance, and they're out, and we don't see them again.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it's more fair since each couple gets a ballroom and a Latin. Len was sympathizing with the first two guys in the bottom two (Brian and Kenny) because they both had the waltz. He said something about the cha-cha guys got to giggle and shake their bums, which was a lot easier than the posture and precision required in the ballroom. And since the show is such a hit, why don't they just add a week?- though I do think the "double elimination" for the first week takes some of the shame off of being the first one out - at least you share your ignomy with another poor soul so I kind of like that too.
  • grittygritty Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me another advantage of the US elimination system is that we see all couples attempt to learn a different style of dance within the week time-scale - the REAL pressure of SCD.