Options

Freesat Remote control

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
Forum Member
Does anyone know how to get the remote control to be programed to my Alba TV , so that it switches the set on? no instructions in the manual in how to do it. Perhaps this is not possible :confused:

Pete

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how to get the remote control to be programed to my Alba TV , so that it switches the set on? no instructions in the manual in how to do it. Perhaps this is not possible :confused:

Pete

Impossible to answer this question as you have left out the most vital piece of information. What Freesat receiver are you using?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I did leave off the details, its a -- HDR-1000S00 Humax Freesat Recorder HD+ 500GB

Pete
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can see the remote is not a multi function type that allows it to be programmed to control other kit. If it were there would almost certainly be a list of codes in the manual for that purpose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi chrisjr,

Yes it looks like it, only why is there a key which says: TVAV but no instructions in how to use it?
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi chrisjr,

Yes it looks like it, only why is there a key which says: TVAV but no instructions in how to use it?

That's the original remote (The TV/AV button has no function).
  • Options
    BspksBspks Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the only function the TV/AV button has is to drop the switch line on the Scart socket so you can switch back and forth between the built in TV tuner and the STB if you have it connected this way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bspks wrote: »
    I think the only function the TV/AV button has is to drop the switch line on the Scart socket so you can switch back and forth between the built in TV tuner and the STB if you have it connected this way.

It doesn't do anything. The button has a function on the newer Humax remotes though.

Note the TV button in the same place

Original Remote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-HUMAX-RM-I02S-RMI02S-Freesat-Remote-Control-for-HDR1000S-HDR-1000S/171185563433?_trksid=p2141725.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3D834b8891fdd944f5b2a7552577ff05c6%26pid%3D100204%26prg%3D20140407115239%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D30%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D171422986268

Latest Remote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Humax-Remote-Control-for-HB1000S-HB-1000S/390933851289?_trksid=p2141725.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3D834b8891fdd944f5b2a7552577ff05c6%26pid%3D100204%26prg%3D20140407115239%26rk%3D12%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D171422986268

The latter type can be used to control a TV volume in a similar way to a sky remote.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latter type can be used to control a TV volume in a similar way to a sky remote.
    How so?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    How so?

Because it can output ir codes a TV can understand.

The version of the remote with the TV button first appeared with HB1000S boxes.

The Humax support website gives codes for those that can control other kit. Some use 3 digit codes and others 4 digit codes.

Some of the other remotes can control 4 different items. They will also work with a HDR-1000S.
    See the row of white buttons at the top

http://www.aerialsat.com/prod/humax-hd-hdr-fox-t2-remote-control-rm-f04.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA_NmkBRCe3ubC1aWAtEcSJACxkkbquVS-iT19EIQNfpLQQbNSbyDmV2Vjxrc1MZlzLoj5ahoCEgPw_wcB
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it can output ir codes a TV can understand.

The version of the remote with the TV button first appeared with HB1000S boxes.

The Humax support website gives codes for those that can control other kit. Some use 3 digit codes and others 4 digit codes.

Some of the other remotes can control 4 different items. They will also work with a HDR-1000S.
    See the row of white buttons at the top

http://www.aerialsat.com/prod/humax-hd-hdr-fox-t2-remote-control-rm-f04.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA_NmkBRCe3ubC1aWAtEcSJACxkkbquVS-iT19EIQNfpLQQbNSbyDmV2Vjxrc1MZlzLoj5ahoCEgPw_wcB
    I know that Graham, it was me who first told you about the new HB1000S remotes. :D

What I'm unaware of is how to programme the remote so that it can control a tv's volume while still in Freesat mode. Obviously if you programme it to work with a tv it will control the tv volume, but afaik that's only if you've pressed the 'tv' button on the remote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know that Graham, it was me who first told you about the new HB1000S remotes. :D

What I'm unaware of is how to programme the remote so that it can control a tv's volume while still in Freesat mode. Obviously if you programme it to work with a tv it will control the tv volume, but afaik that's only if you've pressed the 'tv' button on the remote.

Misunderstood your how so. Can I suggest you ask on MyHumax. I think Repassac has a HB1000S with the two device remote. I only have the original HDR1000S type which is a multicode single device remote. It can be set to 6 different modes so you can use different Humax boxes in the same room.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the newer remote with my HB1000S, but there's no instruction to get it to control the Freesat box and the tv's volume at the same time.

In STB mode it turns the box's own volume up or down and in TV mode obviously it's the tv.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the newer remote with my HB1000S, but there's no instruction to get it to control the Freesat box and the tv's volume at the same time.

In STB mode it turns the box's own volume up or down and in TV mode obviously it's the tv.

Why do you want to control both at the same time ? Normally you would turn up the box line level volume output to max and then control the amplifier that is driving the speakers (TV or AV amp). That's how the other ones work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you want to control both at the same time ?
    I actually don't!

But you said it could be programmed to control the tv's volume like a Sky remote does, (ie: controls the box functions, but uses the volume setting from the tv) which, if possible, would be handy to know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually don't!

But you said it could be programmed to control the tv's volume like a Sky remote does, (ie: controls the box functions, but uses the volume setting from the tv) which, if possible, would be handy to know.

You mean you don't want to have any control of the boxes own volume. Without this how would you change the basic box output level ? The default is 50% which is much lower than you get from a standard non variable line level output. The most common query about Humax box audio out is that the SD channel volume is so much lower than the HD channels (which you normally can't control with the box volume control anyway).

It would make the box very difficult to use with a AV receiver.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I mean I don't want the remote to work like a Sky one.

I use the box's own volume to turn the volume up and down as my old stereo amp doesn't have a remote control. :(

However some people who use their tv's internal speakers would find the ability to control the tv volume with the Humax remote useful. But as I said, I don't think it's even possible in the way you described.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I mean I don't want the remote to work like a Sky one.

I use the box's own volume to turn the volume up and down as my old stereo amp doesn't have a remote control. :(

However some people who use their tv's internal speakers would find the ability to control the tv volume with the Humax remote useful. But as I said, I don't think it's even possible in the way you described.

Getting lost here. You just said you can control the TV volume with the remote albeit you have to push a button to tell the box what to control. If you want the remote to have so called volume punch through it can't do that without the extra button press.

If I push the white amp button on the remotes that have it I can control my AV receiver, restoring control of the pvr requires the white pvr button to be pushed. That's how most universal remote controls work unless you invest in a harmony remote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting lost here. You just said you can control the TV volume with the remote albeit you have to push a button to tell the box what to control. If you want the remote to have so called volume punch through it can't do that without the extra button press.
    With the new Humax remotes you can only control the tv volume by pressing the tv button, which also means the remote controls the tv instead of the freesat box until you press the stb button again.

There is no so called volume punch through that I can tell, which is why I asked 'how so' previously when you stated it was possible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the new Humax remotes you can only control the tv volume by pressing the tv button, which also means the remote controls the tv instead of the freesat box until you press the stb button again.

There is no so called volume punch through that I can tell, which is why I asked 'how so' previously when you stated it was possible.

I said no such thing. I mentioned a Sky box (there was no mention of volume punch through). You don't need a button to switch devices on a Sky box remote as the box itself does not have a variable volume output. To be any use at all the remote has to control a TV or Amplifier it's connected to. If you had a Sky box the only way to use your non remote controlled amplifier would be manually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you all for your help and suggestions, I realise that I need to purchase the new up to date Humax remote control, as suggested, but I think I will not bother just yet.:)