All Kids

shandygirl1211shandygirl1211 Posts: 2,671
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If this show is recommissioned is there any point in any acts with dancers over 18 in auditioning? seeing as the GBP have managed to fill the final with acts that are all under 18 years old.

Is this really fair to the great adult acts we had given some of them had obviously more talent than some of the finalists but were missing the 'cute' factor?

Comments

• SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well IMO the kids have danced better than most of the adults we've seen, felt gutted for a few tonight and Beyond Repair, but the show is still in its infancy and in the very likely event that there is a second season I'm sure tweaks here and there will be made.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep its a shame how such a good show has ended up with the final six being all kids. Unity Youth and Status would have made better finalists than MJLatin and JBJ in my opinion, and I really would loved to have seen Eclipse in there too. But its the way the semis are set up, and the public vote being only 6 minutes does not help. Out of the 'kids', Matthew or The Box to win.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very disappointed, some very talented kids but nowhere near the polish and skill of the adult semi-finalists.

As I don't bother voting I can't really complain but I do hope Matthew wins next week as he head and shoulders above the rest (and I don't mean the fact that he is the only finalist who has hit puberty)
  • Mr_TartMr_Tart Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see what you are saying OP but it is hardly not fair.

It simply means those people who prefer the older (and probably better) dancers are not voting. I am on of those people. Such is life I guess.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Yep its a shame how such a good show has ended up with the final six being all kids. Unity Youth and Status would have made better finalists than MJLatin and JBJ in my opinion, and I really would loved to have seen Eclipse in there too. But its the way the semis are set up, and the public vote being only 6 minutes does not help. Out of the 'kids', Matthew or The Box to win.

+1

The show has become a joke:cry:
  • SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    +1

The show has become a joke:cry:

Explain..because not enough people voted for the older ones?

Honestly theres always OMG ITS FIXED with every vote.

Dont like don't watch, simples
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think it's fixed and no one is saying that as far as I can see. But there's nothing wrong with other posters expressing their disappointment that the show has been reduced to an all kids final. There's nothing wrong with that (although I do think there's some acts more deserving of a place than some of the finalists) just like there's nothing wrong with being disappointed about it either. I'll still enjoy the show as it's well made considering.

I would like to see categories introduced next year though.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

I never said it was fixed:confused:.

Theres no need to be so rude:).
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have stopped watching after the second semi final and I saw how things were going. Not the slightest bit bothered about watching various bunches of kids strutt their stuff on saturday night TV. Cute factor doesn't do it for me at all.

Shame really as this show had real promise to begin with but unfortunately it's been killed by the voting public which often happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    The final was a total waste of time - it was little more than a glorified school assembly. I find it faintly creepy to have to watch so many child dancers - none of whom, let's face it, really deserved to be there.

What's wrong with making shows that showcase proper talented people who have learned their craft properly and who are in a position to make the most of the career opportunities such shows offer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would like to see categories introduced next year though.
    I agree. They cant NOT recommission it, can they?
    It's by far and away superior to DOI and SYTYCD IMO. I loved every episode, loved the judges, loved Davina.
    But over 16's and under 16 should be brought in.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe one of the reasons better adult dancers didn't compete in GTD is because of its clash with SYTYCD, which was always going to attract the more serious dancers.

I would like to see a second series of GTD with an minimum age of 16; with another junior version for under 16s.

Apart from that there were things was became very tedious - such as taking up nearly a whole program to show the judges visiting the finalists personally; plus it seemed that after nearly every advert session there was a rundown as to what the show was about. After the first few shows I Sky+'d it and FF'ding through all the rubbishy bits, found the actual amount worth watching was about 10mins a show!