The Ratings Thread (Part 32)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Callum. wrote: »
    Typical :( thanks anyways! :)

I was waiting for the E4 stats as well. Looks like we'll have to wait two weeks for the BARB figures.
  • rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the ratings for One Tree Hill were Monday 5th on E4? I'd be ever so grateful!
    One Tree Hill (5/3/12): 234k , +1: 59k
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very poor :( Was hoping 400,000 + being as its the final season.

Thankyou :)
    Forum Member
    rzt wrote: »
    One Tree Hill (5/3/12): 234k , +1: 59k

Do you have Skins ratings?
  • rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kittykat30 wrote: »
    Do you have Skins ratings?
    Skins (5/3/12): 365k , +1: 67k
    Forum Member

Wow they seriously are in cancellation zone these days. Thanks for the info :)
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Rzt - do you have anything for Pramface and White Van Man on BBC3 last Thursday?
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 23,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very poor :( Was hoping 400,000 + being as its the final season.

Thankyou :)
    I'm not sure what it averaged last year but I suspect it's March return has caught a few regular viewers out considering it generally airs in the second half of the year - and it only seemed to be promoted a week in advance on E4.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georged123 wrote: »
    Rzt - do you have anything for Pramface and White Van Man on BBC3 last Thursday?

580k and 438k.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member

Ouch. :eek:
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    580k and 438k.
    Thanks Derek.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Radio Times preview linked last night suggests the first hour is fairly pedestrian, all toffs Downtoning around aboard the ship, littered with corny references looking forward to the future (how little do they know what fate is about to befall them, but we do of course).

Sounds like a period episode of old style Casualty...

At least Cameron's epic had drama, tension, and got on with the sinking for the most part. The impression I get is that in the Fellowes version, the sinking is fairly incidental to the period toffery - probably saved them some budget too...

Although not officially commissioned, ITV are talking to Fellowes about series 4 and 5 of DA according to a piece I read yesterday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kittykat30 wrote: »
    Wow they seriously are in cancellation zone these days. Thanks for the info :)

they haven't announced anything about auditions for Gen 4 so I don't think it's coming back. it's been very hit and miss this series Mini's ep a couple of weeks ago was the best of the series so far. Nick's episode followed and that was :yawn: which is probably one of reasons ratings went down this week
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brekkie wrote: »
    Probably repeat the same story cycle twice a year and forget the characters live in a real world around them. Well, it's worked for Glee.
    It hasn't though. Over the space of 18 months the show has gone from a high 4 and capable of breaking a 5 for a big episode to barely keeping its head above a 3.

Glee is to Fox what Heroes was to NBC.
    Dancc wrote: »
    One of C5's best factual strands, as well as longest running. Great to have it back.
    I agree but I do wish they'd spend more time naming these docs. Nazi Titanic is hardly the most thoughtful of titles and gives the whole thing the feeling of a ridiculous shock doc which wasn't what it was.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at programmes like The Killing. The second episode of double bills never get as many as the first. Strange that so many follow these shows week after week, but don't watch the final episode!!

I am sure they do and it seems unlikely many people watch one and not the other.

So surely the 'missing' ones will record the second part as two hours in one go is pretty taxing and some just think - I'll record the rest and catch up later.

Do the add on figures for recordings balance the two episodes out as they really ought to do?

If not then this might be evidence that the ratings system is underestimating the numbers from those who record shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexiR wrote: »

I agree but I do wish they'd spend more time naming these docs. Nazi Titanic is hardly the most thoughtful of titles and gives the whole thing the feeling of a ridiculous shock doc which wasn't what it was.

C4 used that title too. Different subject though.
    The Nazi Titanic
    The Wilhelm Gustloff was sunk by a Soviet submarine in 1945, sending more than 9,000 people to their deaths. This film probes some of the unsolved mysteries surrounding the…

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/themes/world-war-ii-untold-stories
  • Thank youThank you Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tuesday 6th March

EastEnders - 8.15m (35.6%)
    Emmerdale - 7.54m (34.6%)
    Doctors - 1.68m (24.4%)
    Hollyoaks - 1.19m (5.9%)
    Neighbours - 719k (10.4%) & 1.07 (6.5%)
    Home and Away - 776 (4.2%)
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    So which broadcaster is going to be the first to do a new drama based on gypsy life?

After last year's Who Do You Think You Are? the BBC could involve Larry Lamb - and David Essex might fit in nicely as well - in a serious drama about gypsies and the attempt to evict them from a fictitious Cotswold village.

But if ITV pick up the concept they would probaby just ship in the guys from Towie and call it Big Fit Gypsy Wallies.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure they do and it seems unlikely many people watch one and not the other.

So surely the 'missing' ones will record the second part as two hours in one go is pretty taxing and some just think - I'll record the rest and catch up later.

Do the add on figures for recordings balance the two episodes out as they really ought to do?

If not then this might be evidence that the ratings system is underestimating the numbers from those who record shows.

I agree with your final paragraph. Look at Terra Nova,

First episode, 2.01m, second in double bill, 1.24m

Ep 3, 1.820m, not too far off first episode numbers.

Episode 12, 1.564m and the final episode straight after only, 866K!!

It just doesn't make any sense.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV Press Centre ‏ @itvpresscentre Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Confirmed: FA Cup 6th round: Liverpool v Stoke > 3.30pm Sunday 18 March on ITV1. #facup
    37m ITV Press Centre ‏ @itvpresscentre Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Confirmed: FA Cup 6th round: Everton v Sunderland > 12.30pm Saturday 17 March on ITV1. #facup

Two FA Cup matches on ITV1, a shame for ITV1 they are daytime kick offs, still good for 3m or so though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Personally, I think people are exaggerating the extent to which EE's ratings have dropped. I think the quality of the show is certainly a crisis at the moment, but the ratings certainly aren't at crisis point just yet. It's staying around the 8m mark, which is probably only a 400k/500k drop from what it is usually. It only looks bad because Corrie's ratings are above average for this time of year, hence the big gap between the Big Two. (Of course, Corrie's rise in ratings is very well deserved - it is absolutely fantastic at the moment!)
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Some people say that Coro St doesnt drop as much as EastEnders because its got an old audience which is more loyal than young audience. But where is the proof that old viewers are more loyal than young people? Old people can use remote controls too if they dont like something!
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Some people say that Coro St doesnt drop as much as EastEnders because its got an old audience which is more loyal than young audience. But where is the proof that old viewers are more loyal than young people? Old people can use remote controls too if they dont like something!

SamuelW basically there is no proof. It's a load of balls! I do get the impression on this thread that when the shit hits the bucket people like to talk allot of crap. EE is not healthy but not to bad.

Ken
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Heres a question- should Prisoners WIves be brought back for a second series or not? I just checked DSs ratings, the series averaged 4.4m, is that enough for another series.
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with your final paragraph. Look at Terra Nova,

First episode, 2.01m, second in double bill, 1.24m

Ep 3, 1.820m, not too far off first episode numbers.

Episode 12, 1.564m and the final episode straight after only, 866K!!

It just doesn't make any sense.
    There are any number of reasons why this might happen. In the case of Terra Nova for example I suspect the subject matter and the scheduling resulted in a higher than average younger audience for Sky1 who won't be as readily available at 9PM as they are at 8PM and those younger views won't always have the option to catch-up in other ways (because they don't control the television).

Equally television viewing can still be a communal experience. Families, friends and couples watch shows together but that doesn't mean they're all equally invested in those shows. I might watch the first hour of a Killing double bill with my other half and then opt to go to bed and not care about catching up with the second hour because I'm just not that invested in the show and only really watch it because they do.

On this subject there was an interesting set of numbers released a while back that dealt with the number of repeat viewers some of the US comedies got week-on-week – as in how many people who watched in week two also watched in week three etc. and the number was surprisingly low across the board. Its odd.
This discussion has been closed.