Emmerdale Chrissie and Rebecca

Louis_BradyLouis_Brady Posts: 615
Forum Member
✭✭
Lachlan made a joke about Rebecca saying "real sister" on the phone in tonight's episode, but are they not real sisters?
Lawrence isn't Chrissie's biological father but they share the same mother don't they?

Comments

• Nico_DNico_D Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They always previously got on but now Apparrently they're feuding so I wouldn't be surprised if Lawrence is her biological father but to a diffrent mother, meaning their is no link and they will fight games of thrones style over the family fortune
  • Louis_BradyLouis_Brady Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nico_D wrote: »
    They always previously got on but now Apparrently they're feuding so I wouldn't be surprised if Lawrence is her biological father but to a diffrent mother, meaning their is no link and they will fight games of thrones style over the family fortune
    It wouldn't surprise me either tbh. I was just wondering because I remember Chrissie telling Bernice last year how Lawrence grieved for ages for her mother and never really moved on, so a daughter by a different women born only 7 or 8 years after Chrissie is a pretty big retcon
  • WhatYouGonnaDo?WhatYouGonnaDo? Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Rebecca is Lawrence and his wife's daughter. Chrissie is her half sister. They covered all that a couple of months ago. Lachlan's comment was just an ignorant insensitive joke about Chrissie's parentage.
  • sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why can they not be full sisters ?.....same mother we know but easily have the same father ?
  • albiexalbiex Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca is Lawrence and his wife's daughter. Chrissie is her half sister. They covered all that a couple of months ago. Lachlan's comment was just an ignorant insensitive joke about Chrissie's parentage.
    So more entitled to the inheritance? That'll please Chrissie!
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunny day wrote: »
    why can they not be full sisters ?.....same mother we know but easily have the same father ?

I think Lawrence knew for certain he wasn't t her biological Dad and told her so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Half sisters are "real sisters" though, they're biologically related. The joke just didn't make sense to me, so I thought maybe they had changed the parentage to create a bigger divide between the sisters. But you're right it's been covered before which is why I found it confusing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Half sisters are "real sisters" though, they're biologically related. The joke just didn't make sense to me, so I thought maybe they had changed the parentage to create a bigger divide between the sisters. But you're right it's been covered before which is why I found it confusing.

I think it will have been changed, I wouldn't put to much stock into what the show told us previously as they're prone to rewriting these things. Aaron was thrown out for hitting his pregnant step mum in 2008 now liv's 14 so she with ages at an alarming rate or the writers are happy to change previously established facts to suit a story. Which is what I think is what they'll be doing here as they have now got them "feuding" despite previously giving the impression they were close.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon it was just Lachlan being a brat>:(
    Forum Member

I know that, as I said Lachlan doesn't like his mum very much at the moment and was having a cruel jibe at her expensive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon it was just Lachlan being a brat>:(
    Tbf he only found out a fortnight ago that she had his dad killed by gangsters:p
    Forum Member
    I think it will have been changed, I wouldn't put to much stock into what the show told us previously as they 're prone to rewriting these things. Aaron was thrown out for hitting his pregnant step mum in 2008 now liv's 14 so she with ages at an alarming rate or the writers are happy to change previously established facts to suit a story. Which is what I think is what they'll be doing here as they have now got them "feuding" despite previously giving the impression they were close.

They aren't going to rewrite something they made a point of telling us only a couple of months ago. An entirley different situation to the one you mention with Liv. You are reading way too much into a nasty commemt made by someone who is annoyed at their mum. Chrissies annoyance at Rebecca is hardly suprising given that she has recently decided to stop being a doormat and all we have seen of their relationship involves Chrissie reaching out to Rebecca or going to Rebecca while Rebecca gives nothing back. It would be wierd if she was shown to not be annoyed at her after all the family crisis she has steered clear of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbf he only found out a fortnight ago that she had his dad killed by gangsters:p

As if that didn't t happen to ALL of us:D:p:D Kids today...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They aren't going to rewrite something they made a point of telling us only a couple of months ago. An entirley different situation to the one you mention with Liv. You are reading way too much into a nasty commemt made by someone who is annoyed at their mum. Chrissies annoyance at Rebecca is hardly suprising given that she has recently decided to stop being a doormat and all we have seen of their relationship involves Chrissie reaching out to Rebecca or going to Rebecca while Rebecca gives nothing back. It would be wierd if she was shown to not be annoyed at her after all the family crisis she has steered clear of.

It's not just the nasty comment it's more the way I see Emmerdale being written/ produced at the minute, everthing is aimed at maximum drama regardless of sensibility,believability and I suspect if it's been shown as "canon" before. I don't have much faith in the new producer he seems even more sensationalist than Oates.
    Forum Member
    It's not just the nasty comment it's more the way I see Emmerdale being written/ produced at the minute, everthing is aimed at maximum drama re of sensibility,believability and I suspect if it's been shown as "canon" before. I don't have much faith in the new producer he seems even more sensationalist than Oates.

I've not seen anything to suggest that, talk to me after has dropped a helicopter on the village, turned a resident into a deranged serial killer, or had a character dangled off a viaduct ;-)

The Chrissie story is ongoing and has been planned out through this year, Rebecca coming in is all a part of what we learned about Lawrence's history in the summer. Its not the same thing as changing something that hasnt been mentioned in years. Kate Oates was someone who had little regard for character history (it was she not IM that retconned Liv) IM hasnt shown anything one way or tuther yet. Though would say characters atm are responding to situations in a more believable way than in recent years (see Chrissie not being ok with Rebecca not bothering to visit even after their dad nearly died, her previous attitude just didnt ring true)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not seen anything to suggest that, talk to me after has dropped a helicopter on the village, turned a resident into a deranged serial killer, or had a character dangled off a viaduct ;-)

The Chrissie story is ongoing and has been planned out through this year, Rebecca coming in is all a part of what we learned about Lawrence's history in the summer. Its not the same thing as changing something that hasnt been mentioned in years. Kate Oates was someone who had little regard for character history (it was she not IM that retconned Liv) IM hasnt shown anything one way or tuther yet. Though would say characters atm are responding to situations in a more believable way than in recent years (see Chrissie not being ok with Rebecca not bothering to visit even after their dad nearly died, her previous attitude just didnt ring true)

I'm expecting a reverse of Robert and Andy with them, where Lawrence dotes on his biological daughter which tears chrissie apart making her hate Rebecca and Seth with resentment and jealousy, the feud will escelate throughout the year while they pretend to make an effort in front of Lawrence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So was it confirmed tonight that Chrissie and Rebecca aren't related?
    Chrissie said "if she finds out we're not real sisters"
  • vanessalouvanessalou Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So was it confirmed tonight that Chrissie and Rebecca aren't related?
    Chrissie said "if she finds out we're not real sisters"

And luckily Victoria was hiding under the desk to hear.
  • wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Rebecca and Chrissie are half-sisters (same mother) hence the 'not real sister' comment from both Lachlan and Chrissie tonight because they're not full sisters.

However, I thought Lawrence said that he definitely couldn't be Chrissie's dad (because the timings didn't work) but that there was more uncertainty about Rebecca's conception, i.e it was possible that he was her dad (but presumably also possible that he wasn't).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    I'm sure Rebecca and Chrissie are half-sisters (same mother) hence the 'not real sister' comment from both Lachlan and Chrissie tonight because they're not full sisters.

However, I thought Lawrence said that he definitely couldn't be Chrissie's dad (because the timings didn't work) but that there was more uncertainty about Rebecca's conception, i.e it was possible that he was her dad (but presumably also possible that he wasn't).
    You wouldn't describe Nicola and Bernice as "not really sisters though or Vanessa and Tracey. Half sisters are real sisters. The wording is just throwing me a bit.
  • wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    You wouldn't describe Nicola and Bernice as "not really sisters though or Vanessa and Tracey. Half sisters are real sisters. The wording is just throwing me a bit.

Some people do make a distinction though (especially I'd imagine when there's a legacy involved and the half you're actually related through isn't the half where the money is going to be coming from).

ETA.: I'd imagine when they say 'real' they actually mean 'full' because surely to goodness it would have been mentioned if Rebecca had had a different mother, which would have meant Lawrence having another female partner (which just doesn't seem likely!!)
  • albiexalbiex Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In both cases, yes I would. They weren't brought up together, They didn't know each other.
    It's silly, like those so called reunion programmes where they bring together people who are related but in most cases have never met or were separated as babies and they're all over each other hugging and crying and slobbering. They're strangers FGS! Blood relationship means very little in the long run, other than legally, there has to be more.