EastEnders Episode Thread | 20/09/16 | 7:30pm | Will Sonia leave without seeing Bex?

attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
Forum Member
✭✭
Evening everybody! :)

My first ever EE episode thread, it's a bit of a change from the Hollyoaks ones but I'll give it a go! :D:)

Right, so here goes!

WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?
Les is determined to go to the bail hearing - he wants the evil yobs who killed Paul to look him in the eye. At court, Pam nips to the loo and lends a distraught woman her hankie. During the hearing, Pam discovers the woman is Diane Atmore, the mother of Simon, one of Paul’s killers. As Pam and Les arrive home, Les is still ranting about injustice and takes his ire out on the recycling. Pam lectures Les about his blood pressure. She implores him to stop shutting her out and tells him she fears that if he doesn’t ‘do’ Christine they won’t survive this.

Tina’s heartbroken when Sonia reveals she’s leaving tomorrow - Kettering have asked her to start next week. Sonia feels guilty that Tina’s so upset. Bex is skipping school to move her belongings over to Sonia and Martin’s. Bex accuses Sonia of trying to ruin her life.

Shirley’s frustrated when Sylvie refuses to have breakfast at home then disappears when Shirley’s back’s turned. Shirley follows Sylvie to the Vic and shouts at her, before insisting to the others that she can’t look after Sylvie. Tina suggests they come up with a rota for Sylvie’s care. Sonia’s also in the Vic with Martin. She’s having doubts about taking the job, worried that Bex will never forgive her, but Martin thinks she deserves to be happy.

Sonia feels betrayed when she hears the Carters debating whether it’s right for her to go and work privately after being trained by the NHS. She’s sharp with Tina, unaware Tina was actually defending her. Shirley follows Sonia out of the Vic and confronts her in the market –Tina will probably have to give up the house now Sonia’s leaving and how is she meant to look after Sylvie? Turning on Shirley, Sonia reminds her that up until now the Carters have turned down every bit of help Sylvie’s entitled to and left all the work to her. Sylvie’s not her mother – she’s Shirley’s. Lauren and Whitney discuss the difficulties of not having their own space and family always being around. Lauren feels like she spends her life cleaning or shutting Louie up. Whitney thinks Lucy would be grateful for what Lauren’s doing but Lauren counters that Lucy would be trying to rent Jack’s last available flat. Inspired, Whitney suggests to Lee that they rent the flat.

Mick tells Lee he can’t give them the deposit they need but will talk to Jack. Linda’s not impressed by the idea of Whitney and Lee moving and worries it’s her fault. When Mick reveals Jack can’t offer them a better deal on the flat Lee feels worthless – he doesn’t earn nearly enough to rent it. His mood dips even further when he sees Jack greeting a professional looking couple outside the flat.

Denise surreptitiously looks up information on adoption on her phone. Kim’s still insistent she wants to adopt Denise’s baby but Patrick realises this is a ploy to change Denise’s mind, knowing Denise wouldn’t be able to watch Kim bring up her baby from across the Square. But Kim is worried her plan could fall apart - Denise’s unpredictable and could leave, anything could happen next.

The residents of Walford are confused and annoyed when new brown, grey and blue recycling containers are left outside each house alongside the standard black and green bins.

OFFICIAL EPISODE SPOILERS FOR TONIGHT:
Les reels from Pam's ultimatum and Linda offers support. Sonia tries to get through to Bex.

DIGITAL SPY SPOILERS:
Les isn't too pleased with Pam's ultimatum, reminding her that he gave up Christine for her sake.

After Les storms off to the pub, Linda spots him looking glum and tries to help, leading to a heart-to-heart between the pair. At the same time, Pam confides in Claudette. Can the Cokers' friends help them to make any progress?

Meanwhile, Bex has cut all contact with Sonia, who doesn't want to leave without saying goodbye to her daughter. Sonia does go ahead and depart the Square, but will she get her chance to say goodbye to Bex before she does?

Elsewhere, Jane leaves the house for the first time since being discharged from hospital.

RADIO TIMES SPOILERS:
Les reels from Pam's ultimatum, reminding his wife of the things he has given up for her and storming over to the Vic, where Linda offers him a shoulder to cry on. Meanwhile, Sonia prepares to go but refuses to leave without saying goodbye to Bex, who is ignoring her calls, and Lauren help Jane go outside for the first time since she came home.

PREVIEW CLIP FROM EE WEBSITE:

CAST FOR TONIGHT'S EPISODE:
Pam Coker - Lin Blakley
Les Coker - Roger Sloman
Claudette Hubbard -Ellen Thomas
Donna Yates - Lisa Hammond
Roxy Mitchell - Rita Simons
Sharon Mitchell - Letitia Dean
Linda Carter - Kellie Bright
Mick Carter - Danny Dyer
Lee Carter - Danny-Boy Hatchard
Whitney Dean - Shona McGarty
Stacey Fowler - Lacey Turner
Martin Fowler - James Bye
Sonia Fowler - Natalie Cassidy
Tina Carter - Luisa Bradshaw-White
Bex Fowler - Jasmine Armfield
Louise Mitchell - Tilly Keeper
Shakil Kazemi - Shaheen Jafargholi
Ian Beale - Adam Woodyatt
Jane Beale - Laurie Brett
Lauren Branning - Jacqueline Jossa
Abi Branning - Lorna Fitzgerald

DIRECTOR: Jennie Darnell
WRITER: Carey Andrews
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Sean O'Connor

For the poll, I have posted the links below in the spoiler tag so you can watch each set of credits and choose your favourite (if you don't know already that is :p).

See you at 7:30pm and hope you enjoy. :D

Favourite EastEnders Theme Tune and Credits? 33 votes

1985-1991: Original theme tune
18%
SULLAchuffsterMishcolllola_skyeNeil_NRickLopez 6 votes
1991-1993: Slight tweak to original theme tune
3%
bass55 1 vote
1993-1994: Jazzy theme tune
9%
Lady VoldemortMrAndrewAaron_Silver 3 votes
1994-1999: Revamped theme tune similar to original
0%
1999-2009: New titles with Millenium Dome added to the credits
45%
robjames69The_abbott_elly001Phoenix86xTonixYoshi FanSorcha_27dullireO-JFoxster Hotpotlucasade16Drew_HatchdavorStacey_BarlowDamien_Johnson 15 votes
2009-present: New titles and slightly tweaked theme tune
24%
sajanAngelaKrustyliciousemmageeringScrabblerdazcGaribaldi_UrGleekIsShowin 8 votes

Comments

• Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great thread Atti cheers :)

Hi everyone!!
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, attitude, congratulations on your brilliant first EE thread!

I really enjoyed last night's episode, hopefully tonight will be good as well. :)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hurrah! I love that you're doing EE threads now attitude :)

Many thanks.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great thread Atti cheers :)

Hi everyone!!

Thanks Aaron :)
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Yay, attitude, congratulations on your brilliant first EE thread!

I really enjoyed last night's episode, hopefully tonight will be good as well. :)

Thank you Elly :) Enjoyed last night's episode too, some very good scenes.
    Hurrah! I love that you're doing EE threads now attitude :)

Many thanks.

Thanks a lot Sorcha, I enjoyed doing this one :)
  • KrustyliciousKrustylicious Posts: 17,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks attitude99 for the thread.. And I'm glad you've enjoyed doing the thread ..
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice one Att. In future I'd suggest a bit more Lauren in episode threads, but a valiant first effort indeed.

Evening all.
  • RickLopezRickLopez Posts: 14,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1985-1991: Original theme tune
    Great first thread! I did my first recently, know how it feels!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,203
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the thread Atty.

Howdy folks
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Nice one Att. In future I'd suggest a bit more Lauren in episode threads, but a valiant first effort indeed.

Evening all.

Good evening J-B.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »

Howdy folks

Oh here's Mr 30,000. Have you made your acceptance speech yet, Scrabs?
  • Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the great thread Attitude :)

Evening All, no idea what happened last night as I havent had time to catch up :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks attitude99 for the thread.. And I'm glad you've enjoyed doing the thread ..

Thank you Krusty :)
    J-B wrote: »

Evening all.

Will bear that in mind for next time JB ;)

And good evening to you :D
    RickLopez wrote: »
    Great first thread! I did my first recently, know how it feels!

Thank you Rick! :)
    Scrabbler wrote: »

Howdy folks

Thanks Scrabs, and howdy to you too. :)

Congratulations on your 30,000 posts too! :D
    Forum Member
    Oh here's Mr 30,000. Have you made your acceptance speech yet, Scrabs?

You make me sound old :D

Not yet :)
    Forum Member

Evening All, no idea what happened last night as I havent had time to catch up :D

Sonia totally owned Shirley and there was something about bins,
    Forum Member
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Thank you Krusty :)

Will bear that in mind for next time JB ;)

And good evening to you :D

Thank you Rick! :)

Thanks Scrabs, and howdy to you too. :)

Congratulations on your 30,000 posts too! :D

Cheers :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I worse if they'll comment on the Brangelina divorce in tonight's episode? ;)
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Seemingly Brad was playing away again :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you Foxy :)

Last night was decent (:o) with Sonia ripping the sh*t into Shirley and Mick saying that Jack had a thing for him so he could use it to get Lee and Whitney a flat. :D
  • Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He couldn't resist me :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nooo, I refuse to believe that lovely Marion Cotillard would ever be 'the other woman'. She's too classy for that. :cry:
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic first thread attitude. :cool: Congrats! :)

Sonia has been great this past week. :eek:

Evening all.

Rota

Thu: Neil
    Fri: Harlowe
    Mon: krusty
    Tue: Foxster Hotpot
    Thu 29th: SMIDSYmk2
    Fri 30th: Stacey Barlow

Mon 3rd: Aaron
    Tue 4th: Subaru
    Thu 6th: Tomski
    Fri 7th: User747

*New* DS Enders has been posted in the games room. Lea Silver makes her debut in 'Insomnia'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He couldn't resist me :p

Lol you sly dog, Aar. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We'll probably have a forcefully inserted scene with two characters who never speak suddenly saying what a shock it was that they have split up in the middle of the episode. One of them will probably be Linda (heavily pregnant Kellie) again, knowing them. :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Thank you Foxy :)

Last night was decent (:o) with Sonia ripping the sh*t into Shirley and Mick saying that Jack had a thing for him so he could use it to get Lee and Whitney a flat. :D

Can the Mick/Jack thing just become a reality? :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'll probably have a forcefully inserted scene with two characters who never speak suddenly saying what a shock it was that they have split up in the middle of the episode. One of them will probably be Linda (heavily pregnant Kellie) again, knowing them. :p:D

The way SOC is going, there's probably nobody on set anymore. It will end up being a conversation between the Max Branning arse tattoo and Shakil.