Lana Del Rey - Young & Beautiful

DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The new single from The Great Gatsby OST, and perhaps even her new album.

Preview: https://soundcloud.com/skoteh/lana-del-rey-young-and

Comments

• konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I know it's only 31 seconds long but if the other 3mins+ is as good, this just might be the most beautiful song i have ever heard. I think this will be the first Lana single to be officially released to US radio. Will be interesting to see how it goes there (although I won't be holding my breath)

PS It's ironic that this could be on her new album when it was actually written for Paradise (until Jay-Z heard it, I suspect)..
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither! :eek: :D

On a more serious note I'll be interested in hearing this as her first album was quite a corker! :o:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Very very good, judging by that preview. I'm really happy its going to be the film's official single, hopefully it'll be a hit! :D
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baz Luhrmann has a writing credit, so I assume the demo was for Paradise, and then was reworked for the movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    I know it's only 31 seconds long but if the other 3mins+ is as good, this just might be the most beautiful song i have ever heard. I think this will be the first Lana single to be officially released to US radio. Will be interesting to see how it goes there (although I won't be holding my breath)

PS It's ironic that this could be on her new album when it was actually written for Paradise (until Jay-Z heard it, I suspect)..

Should I play the Advocatus Diaboli? :o
    1 P!nk - Just Give Me a Reason (feat. Nate Ruess)
    2 Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalt...
    3 Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man
    4 Rihanna - Stay (feat. Mikky Ekko)

There are 3 Ballads on top of the charts in the US (thanks to Adele) could be in Lana's case one too much.:cry:
    Forum Member
    Fingers crossed, rbautz, fingers crossed. :D

This is quite clever as they have combined the bit that was in the film preview video with the 31 seconds on the soundcloud 'leak'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4ZZs78yNR5I
  • starlightsstarlights Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Love the preview. I can't wait to hear it in full.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    Sounds awesome - looking forward to seeing her in London next month
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Can't put into words how much I love her. That snippet made me want to cry. Too much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love everything Lana does and this is no exception. Can't wait to hear it in full.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol and people dare argue Lana isn't at the very top of the talent heap, this sounds spectacular.

When is it released?
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lyrics are a bit on the nose given the story it's been written for.
    Forum Member
    Dynopia wrote: »
    Lol and people dare argue Lana isn't at the very top of the talent heap, this sounds spectacular.

When is it released?

Video on 22nd of this month and song the day after. 7 days to go....
    Forum Member
    30 second snippets of every song on the soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5snA5TEse9w
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I'm being overly optimistic when I say that is probably going to the greatest song ever recorded.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol ^^

She is a serious talent though. I think now she is past her debut she will shine even more. I always had a feeling Lana would not become a huge star, and by that I mean massive, until her second album and its a feeling I still have.

She is going to rock it and this song might be the start of her take over. Is it too early to make Oscar 2014 predictions ;)
    Forum Member
    lol ^^

She is a serious talent though. I think now she is past her debut she will shine even more. I always had a feeling Lana would not become a huge star, and by that I mean massive, until her second album and its a feeling I still have.

She is going to rock it and this song might be the start of her take over. Is it too early to make Oscar 2014 predictions ;)

As was mentioned on her Appreciation Thread, it would be pretty funny if she got an Oscar before she even got a Grammy..

I agree, though, been saying on here for quite a while (and had the odd guffaw in response) this lady is a serious talent. It was so evident from early on for those of us obsessives who witnessed the amazing songs she didn't even deem worthy of an official release.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it's well documented this song was originally a demo for Paradise. Looks like Jay-Z then brought it to Baz Luhrmann's attention, who re-wrote bits to fit in with his The Great Gatsby movie, and then Lana re-recorded it.

So because it wasn't originally written for the movie, it can't be nominated for an Oscar.

Though I think we can expect some of the tracks on the album to be considered for noms!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's well documented this song was originally a demo for Paradise. Looks like Jay-Z then brought it to Baz Luhrmann's attention, who re-wrote bits to fit in with his The Great Gatsby movie, and then Lana re-recorded it.

So because it wasn't originally written for the movie, it can't be nominated for an Oscar.

Though I think we can expect some of the tracks on the album to be considered for noms!

I think though that Baz Luhmann added to the song so it will be ok, or am I wrong?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a shame it may not be eligible for an Oscar. Oh well

I really wouldn't go as far as saying it could be the greatest song ever recorded, but then again I look at things realistically and not as crazy fan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a shame it may not be eligible for an Oscar. Oh well

I really wouldn't go as far as saying it could be the greatest song ever recorded, but then again I look at things realistically and not as crazy fan.

This will be eligible for an oscar, this reminds me of the discussions we had regarding to Adele's Skyfall
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a fantastic talent. I can't wait for her next album
    Forum Member
    rbautz wrote: »
    This will be eligible for an oscar, this reminds me of the discussions we had regarding to Adele's Skyfall

Indeed ;) This song has basically been chosen as the film's theme tune so it would be ridiculous to think the film's and soundtrack's head honchos would do such a thing if it wasn't going to be eligible to be nominated for an Oscar. I'm going for Oscar wins for Leo (amazingly this would be his first Oscar), Lana and our very own Ms Mulligan. Unless something unexpected happens, this is going to be this year's biggest film.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbautz wrote: »

Oh good

What discussions about skyfall? I didn't have any
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh good

What discussions about skyfall? I didn't have any

Not you :p I meant in genaral on the digitalspy forum last year ;)