Game Of Thrones Season 1 UK Pace (NO SPOILERS)

1838485868789»

Comments

• wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother got the boxset for his birthday and lent me season 1 to watch. I watched it over 5 nights and the weekend and loved it....now i'm badgering him for season 2.....am desperately trying not to read the season 2 or even season 3 threads ! :D
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did the whole first season this weekend, after reading the books it's weird to see in on the big screen. This for me beats stuff like 'Lord of the Rings' hands down, I like the politics etc and glad it's not full of over the top magic. I'm loving the Imp Tyrion and the actor cast is fantastic in that role.

Role on season two which I'll get through this week :-)
  • Master AquariusMaster Aquarius Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    I am really enjoying the new series of GoT but keep thinking Victor Chandler is going to pop up everytime Thoros of Myr (Paul Kaye - Maurice from the Bet Victor tv ad!) is on screen :rolleyes:
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anyway of watching this from the start in HD ?

I've perused the ON DEMAND option on Sky but only one episode is series 3 or something comes up .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Zizu58 wrote: »
    Is there anyway of watching this from the start in HD ?

I've perused the ON DEMAND option on Sky but only one episode is series 3 or something comes up .

They have repeated the series in the past, usually before the start of a new season. But it's been a few months since the current season began.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought the box sets of series one and two. I couldn't resist reading forward on the Starks on Wiki right up until the last thing the author wrote. I had to know after the last episodes of series 1 how they got on in the future. Saying that I've no idea how the other threads of the story map out. I'm reading the books too.

I guess I will have to wait until July 15th for the Tesco streaming service to make series 3 available.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season one is my favourite of the three. I really enjoyed all the Ned Stark/Robert Baratheon stuff.

That's it.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have repeated the series in the past, usually before the start of a new season. But it's been a few months since the current season began.

season three has just finished on sky atlantic so they might re-run them any time now......

Im hoping they re-run season 3 - I have watched 1 and 2 and desperate to see 3 so I am avidly keeping an eye on sky atlantic AND on demand :D
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very late to this party, but picked up the first book in a charity shop and was hooked! Have been watching the first series just behind my reading. I am scared of spoilers for both films and books, so this seems the safest place to comment.
    Well that was a shock, Sean Bean being killed off.

This post literally made me LOL!
    I must admit that his fate came as no surprise to me, because it was Sean Bean and he always dies ! :(
    The surprise for me was that he lasted as long as he did :D
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody lent me series 1 - 3, which had been given as an unsuitable Christmas present. After a reasonable first 20 minutes it turned into that wretched White Queen fiasco and at times I was expecting an appearance from Frankie Howard to do the prologue. How on earth does stuff like this become so popular? The only surprise was that they were mainly British actors, only that didn't help with a load of bollocks like this.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Ultimately I think I'm just sad that you'll never know what you're missing :(
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    Somebody lent me series 1 - 3, which had been given as an unsuitable Christmas present. After a reasonable first 20 minutes it turned into that wretched White Queen fiasco and at times I was expecting an appearance from Frankie Howard to do the prologue. How on earth does stuff like this become so popular? The only surprise was that they were mainly British actors, only that didn't help with a load of bollocks like this.

I recall reading a few of your comments in the past. With your bad judgement and risible taste, you continue to live down to the low standard you previously established.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched series 1-3 as Sky repeated them all before Xmas, (I still have series 4 to watch), and I LOVE it so much. I literally watched the first two series over one weekend. I can see why there is so much hype around it.
    Can't wait to get started on series 4, and look forward to series 5!
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    I recall reading a few of your comments in the past. With your bad judgement and risible taste, you continue to live down to the low standard you previously established.
    So sorry to disappoint you. I hope you continue to enjoy it, along with the rest of the soaps.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that i'm very late to the party but I've recently started watching series 1 on boxset. Been meaning to watch it for a long time but have no access Sky Atlantic :( So it had to go to the back of the queue on my to-watch list.

Six episodes in and i'm hooked. Absolutely love the story and feel of the show, my favourite characters at the moment are Tyrion, Arya and Daenerys. Also like Jon Snow and Bran but they are taking a bit of a back seat at the moment. Also enjoying Sean Bean's and Mark Addy's characters. Can't wait to see what happens next. :)
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Selena wrote: »
    no access Sky Atlantic :(

Have you tried NOW TV? Very reasonable, no contract, you just buy vouchers to watch what you want. Back in the spring I paid about £25* for the plug-in box and six months Entertainment voucher, which includes Sky Atlantic programmes.

*Shop around as there are always offers.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Selena wrote: »
    I know that i'm very late to the party but I've recently started watching series 1 on boxset. Been meaning to watch it for a long time but have no access Sky Atlantic :( So it had to go to the back of the queue on my to-watch list.

Six episodes in and i'm hooked. Absolutely love the story and feel of the show, my favourite characters at the moment are Tyrion, Arya and Daenerys. Also like Jon Snow and Bran but they are taking a bit of a back seat at the moment. Also enjoying Sean Bean's and Mark Addy's characters. Can't wait to see what happens next. :)

You are never too late to any party when it comes to television shows

Have a great experience. Try to avoid all spoilers as possible. So avoid game of thrones on google or wikipedia and other threads on this forum
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    You are never too late to any party when it comes to television shows

Have a great experience. Try to avoid all spoilers as possible. So avoid game of thrones on google or wikipedia and other threads on this forum

I've just done a very late catch-up and yeah, best to avoid any game of thrones googling, or looking up the actors on imdb so that you don't get spoilers for any deaths.
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    It was watching highlight clips that actually got me watching Game of Thrones. Fortunately, Sky are showing it from the very beginning and I've just finished watching the end of series 3. Next week the start of series 4
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    I'm late to the party as well! But in the past few months I've watched 1-4 and all I can say is it's bloody fantastic, it just gets better and better! Tyrion being my favourite character, love him!