Options

Katie Price actually makes a clever observation

teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
Forum Member
Katie Price has reportedly claimed that Peter Andre is "milking" the couple's divorce.

The former glamour model told The Sun that she believes Andre should defend her more.

"I'm not going to lie and say it's been easy. If I'm pictured with the kids out it's, 'She's using the kids', if I'm not pictured with the kids it's, 'She's never with the kids'," she said.

"There is one person who should have defended me and hasn't and has milked it all the way - Pete. All he had to say was, 'She's the mother of my kids, leave her alone, she doesn't deserve this'. Instead he's milked it and that's really hurtful."

The 32-year-old revealed said that new husband Alex Reid wants her to show her sofer side, which people don't get to see.

"Alex always says to me that I have such a hard exterior, people don't see the soft side of me. He encourages me to show that, but I can't let my guard down because I'm used to having to defend myself," she said.

Price recently described Andre's single 'Mysterious Girl' as a "classic".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a244310/price-andre-is-milking-our-divorce.html

I totally agree with her; it's one of the reasons I've drifted over to "Team Katie" gradually since the split. The straw that broke the camel's back is when he sold yet another "exclusive" to the press during the week that Alex won Big Brother.

Comments

• Options
    Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear..
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a244310/price-andre-is-milking-our-divorce.html

I totally agree with her; it's one of the reasons I've drifted over to "Team Katie" gradually since the split. The straw that broke the camel's back is when he sold yet another "exclusive" to the press during the week that Alex won Big Brother.

You' ll get no argument from me. Neither have come out of the split with much cred, but Pa has exploited public perception from day one, most of the time whilst doing all the same things.

Luckily the tide is turning, the non-tabloid press treat him as a joke and the 3 AM/Mirror backlash means that the public at large are starting to see him as he is. A not very talented man willing to sell everything and everyone around him (and a few lies) to cling onto his waning fame.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once again, Katie Price is talking out of her bottom!:rolleyes:

She's the one who's 'milking it' as far as I can see (even in this article, which is presumably supposed to be to promote her single/Wedding Documentary). Why on earth does she think her ex should be defending her? Isn't that her current husband's job?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member

Pot.kettle.black Katie. You're both as bad as each other
  • Options
    WAKEYLASSWAKEYLASS Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    Why will he want to defend her when she comes out with pearls such as PA having an affair with his manager and that now she is 'with a proper man'?
  • Options
    legomattylegomatty Posts: 257
    Forum Member

Totally agree. They're both a pointless waste of oxygen
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WAKEYLASS wrote: »
    Why will he want to defend her when she comes out with pearls such as PA having an affair with his manager

Old Nev would go ballistic if he was
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Once again, Katie Price is talking out of her bottom!:rolleyes:

She's the one who's 'milking it' as far as I can see (even in this article, which is presumably supposed to be to promote her single/Wedding Documentary). Why on earth does she think her ex should be defending her? Isn't that her current husband's job?

I think she means purely as 'the mother of his children' ..... I think he'd find that hard to do, as she didn't give much consideration to 'the father of her children' when she was allowing Junior to see her in bed with another man so soon after his father was out of the house, and Pete having to endure another man 'playing happy families' with his children....

and that's coming from someone who thinks PA is just a puppet appearing in a CAN production.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very true.
  • Options
    slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's totally right. He's milked this for all he's worth. She made some nasty comments for about a month after they split up including the one about the manager which was awful but she hasn't said that much about it for a while, where as he is constantly, constantly bleating on it.

Nobody's interested in talking to him about his music or his TV career, he only ever gets press when he mentions her so that's what he does. All. The. Time. I wonder if he'll respond to this like he did to the Andrew Gould quote last week? What can he say back to that really without making himself look terrible? I predict a deafening silence from ol' Petey boy on this one.

Okay she's not a very nice person but the level of flack she receives is totally out of proportion - you only have to look at the level of abuse she's taken on some threads on here. You would have expected it for a month or so after the split especially with her behaviour in Ibiza etc but a year on it's still going and mainly because he's still milking it. Some day his kids are going to grow up and see the terrible things that were said about her and they'll know he encouraged it and wouldn't let it go rather than asking people to back off and I don't think they'll appreciate it.

I especially wonder about all the CAN contrived KP bashing from Nicola McClean and KK, his kids are going to see the articles they've written about her and realise that people have said vile things about their mother to the press in return for cash and exposure and their father was more than happy to associate himself closely with them.

At the end of the day he's a vile little scribble who'll do anything for cash including slating the mother of his kids. He should have had the decency to back of a bit when it got out of hand but that wouldn't have mad him any money would it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't she get married the day promotion started for his album/single.

Swings and roundabouts, tit for tat etc etc. Both of them do exactly the same things they whinge the other is doing.

Neither of them has any concept of personal integrity if they both shut up about each other, then maybe they would claw back a modicum of respect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    I think she means purely as 'the mother of his children' ..... I think he'd find that hard to do, as she didn't give much consideration to 'the father of her children' when she was allowing Junior to see her in bed with another man so soon after his father was out of the house, and Pete having to endure another man 'playing happy families' with his children....

and that's coming from someone who thinks PA is just a puppet appearing in a CAN production.

I too think she meant purely as the mother of his children.

She has denied Junior seeing her in bed, as Peter denied kissing a blonde haired lady on the lips in front of Junior. Its probably best to assume that neither took place, or that both. She has always spoken positively about him as a father and he should stop with the not subtle bashing.

He is a willing participant in a CAN production.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,277
    Forum Member
    WAKEYLASS wrote: »
    Why will he want to defend her when she comes out with pearls such as PA having an affair with his manager and that now she is 'with a proper man'?

Indeed. And defending her ought to be the job of her current husband, anyway. She just wants it all her own way, as per usual. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are both as bad as each other.
    I wish the pair of them would shut up & go away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is just an attention seeking waste of space.
  • Options
    glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    They are both as bad as each other.
    I wish the pair of them would shut up & go away.

Well said.

I find it incredible that this pair actually think the public are interested in every single thing that happens in their lives.

I'm actually nostalgic for a time before we had to endure these two attention junkies..
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    I too think she meant purely as the mother of his children.

She has denied Junior seeing her in bed, as Peter denied kissing a blonde haired lady on the lips in front of Junior. Its probably best to assume that neither took place, or that both. She has always spoken positively about him as a father and he should stop with the not subtle bashing.

He is a willing participant in a CAN production.

KP is just a sad, pathetic waste of space who expects the world to revolve around her. She has a husband, so if it's anyone's job to defend her, it's his, not her ex's. Though why she expects to be defended by anyone is beyond me. It suggests to me that she is happy to continue behaving like a teenage chav while expecting others to defend her behavior. Why doesn't she just behave herself? Then she wouldn't need anyone to defend her!

What she really needs is for those around her to start being honest with her and challenge her over her bad behavior. But on Planet Price, Katie is never to blame. It's always someone else's fault!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    KP is just a sad, pathetic waste of space who expects the world to revolve around her. She has a husband, so if it's anyone's job to defend her, it's his, not her ex's. Though why she expects to be defended by anyone is beyond me. It suggests to me that she is happy to continue behaving like a teenage chav while expecting others to defend her behavior. Why doesn't she just behave herself? Then she wouldn't need anyone to defend her!

I think she means in relation to the children. Where in a way I can see her point, she gets a lot of stick about how she is with them, a lot of which I can see easing, if only a little by him saying she a good mum leave her alone. That might get some of his more hard core defenders who really slate her in regards to the children, back off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member

I don't really do the whole "team whoever" thing, but I did side with Pete a bit in the beginning, but he has milked the cow's udder dry I'm afraid, so I can safely say I am team Alex now, if you can be such a thing.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KP has never in her life said anything clever... please get a grip.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear..

Indeed.
  • Options
    FuzzyWigLoverFuzzyWigLover Posts: 271
    Forum Member

Hoorah at flipping last hoorah, you should have said this 14 months ago Katie, and I absolutely agree with her sentiments.

She has confirmed what a typed up in a post earlier this morning on the TV show from last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJ_lives wrote: »
    I don't really do the whole "team whoever" thing, but I did side with Pete a bit in the beginning, but he has milked the cow's udder dry I'm afraid, so I can safely say I am team Alex now, if you can be such a thing.

I'm probably the same except I never sided with Pete. I think she's a cow and she does horrible things but I think that she does kind of have the excuse that she seems to be a bit emotionally effed up.

Pete on the other hand is just a self centred money grabbing, self pitying twazzock.

You can slate KP for a lot of things but at least she isn't constantly wallowing and bleating 'Poooor meeee, life is soooo cruel' to the press when she's old enough and ugly enough to look after herself. Unlike her tool of an ex who thinks being nearly forty is no reason to take responsibility for your own mistakes and behave like an adult in relations with your ex.
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    KP has never in her life said anything clever... please get a grip.

Don't tell somebody to "get a grip" simply because you disagree with them. It makes you look extremely childish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »

That's only a claim Peter's made so who knows if it's true or not. Plus it was four months after they'd split up but even if it had been 5 years after they'd split up he would still have moaned about it (like he does about everything). He walked out on her so if she gets a new boyfriend he doesn't really have much of a right to whinge about it or say that he doesn't want another man around his kids.

What's she supposed to do? Her husband left her but some people expect because he made that choice she should now live like a nun and never see another man? Spend the rest of her life dressed in sack cloth and ashes never leaving the house and weeping over a picture of Pete? Some people would accept nothing less than that and would STILL have complained it was faked or she was trying to get sympathy if she did.