Options

3am girls take on Jordans GMT appearance

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Not wanting to defend the orange one, but nearly everyone mimes on GMTV. In fact I can barely remember anyone singing properly live on there. Now if established acts mime on there, why should she be expected to sing live?

She looks like a weird version of Miley Cirus at the moment - Miley Cirus as created by Blackpool's Tussaud's.

Yep...they all seem to mime on GMTV

But at the end of the day she is never going to be able to sing it live as her voice has been manipulated on the track (can't think of the name for it.,lol)
  • Options
    macca@90macca@90 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Auto-Tune I think :)
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But at the end of the day she is never going to be able to sing it live as her voice has been manipulated on the track (can't think of the name for it.,lol)

Same goes for many songs though, JLS could never perform their track live as is, The Saturdays, Jason Derulo, Cheryl Cole, etc.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Same goes for many songs though, JLS could never perform their track live as is, The Saturdays, Jason Derulo, Cheryl Cole, etc.

Kylie, Kanye West, that whiny child, Peter Andre...even the Black Eyed Peas.

Vocorders and Autotune.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And people get caught out miming no matter how much experience they have of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1dzbIexmjs

I like the attempt at styling it out that comes at the end...:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that was great, I just literally nearly pee'd my pants, I'll be laughing all day now. She's proper class isn't she :D
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvGV6Tpu7I0

There you go. It isn't pretty!

God, that's abysmal! The backing singers on the recorded track are fab. Why didn't the songwriter let one of them sing the lead vocals?

Incidentally, Katie was miming to the backing singers' bit at one point. Not good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

True, but that's usually because they're used to singing live. Bum-Note Price doesn't have that excuse!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    The one thing about Katie Price is that she isn't going to collapse with people insulting her. She is quite stoic and just dusts herself off. I cannot abide needy people, who need constant reassurance from everyone as to whether they are any good. She knows shes not great, but look at the publicity this record has given her. When you have a three part reality show out, what better way.

I thought the record was actually quite good and much better than I thought.

Katie Price is the neediest person in showbiz! Seriously, the woman exudes desparation! Hence her constant (and increasingly pathetic) attempts to generate publicity for herself. And all the Klingons she surrounds herself with (because she needs 'Yes' people around her, rather than genuine friends who will tell her a few much needed home truths).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    True, but that's usually because they're used to singing live. Bum-Note Price doesn't have that excuse!

Oh please! Really? Honestly, I don't mind pointing and laughing at KP, it has kept me amused for years, but if people like Madonna mime, and mime openly, then why shouldn't Jordan, and why should she be the one that is laughed at for her (rare) honestly - lots of famous singers can't sing. Lots of them mime. And most who perform on GMTV do.

Are we going to do the same to everyone else that does it, or just KP?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Katie Price is the neediest person in showbiz! Seriously, the woman exudes desparation! Hence her constant (and increasingly pathetic) attempts to generate publicity for herself. And all the Klingons she surrounds herself with (because she needs 'Yes' people around her, rather than genuine friends who will tell her a few much needed home truths).

You can say the same thing about many of that type of celebrities though and in reality nobody knows what her friends tell her in private. Or whether or not they agree with the home truths you think she needs telling.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Gary and Phil. They appear to be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    It's no worse than Jedward or a lot of the other crap that's about at the moment

At least Jedward are slightly entertaining and enthusiastic. KP gives nothing - she is wooden and can't even move and "mime" at the same time! How pathetic is that? Shes just an embarrassment all round really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    seen much much worse

thought it was ok myself - she is happy and new she would get shite for it but does not care

go katie wish i had your balls at times :)
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KICA1973 wrote: »
    seen much much worse

thought it was ok myself - she is happy and new she would get shite for it but does not care

go katie wish i had your balls at times :)

Balls? Or desperation?

She's absolutely desperate for exposure. It's absolutely pathetic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Balls? Or desperation?

She's absolutely desperate for exposure. It's absolutely pathetic.

and why does it bother u pmsl ! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    Gawdd...for those old ones amongst us..remember Sigue Sigue Sputnik? She's fit right in with that get up.

:D
    Lol she would make them look good! she is beyond crap.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KICA1973 wrote: »
    and why does it bother u pmsl ! :confused:

It doesn't. I just laugh at her whenever I'm unfortunate to see her on the telly, and I just pity her fans for being so easily pleased. I much rather admire women that have some talent to speak of, and don't need or want to sell their souls to the media.
  • Options
    sannasanna Posts: 327
    Forum Member

Could he be more slimey?:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sanna wrote: »
    Could he be more slimey?:o

He's more than proved that he can sing his songs live - his ex-missus on the other hand ...
  • Options
    sannasanna Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    MrsHenri wrote: »
    He's more than proved that he can sing his songs live - his ex-missus on the other hand ...

Yeah he's singing aint that bad, shame his songs are rubbish though.:(
  • Options
    FuzzyWigLoverFuzzyWigLover Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    sanna wrote: »
    Yeah he's singing aint that bad, shame his songs are rubbish though.:(

I would rather listen to nails down a blackboard. He just sounds nasally IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsHenri wrote: »

Sing??? That would be a matter of taste, surely - I prefer a less whiny, less nasally...more...melodic sound, personally. With some heart, real emotion.

Besides, he hasn't quite mastered the sing/move combo, has he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqvdRNj9K8Q

:D
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KP believes in the old adages:

If you don't succeed at first...try, try try again; and
    Any publicity is good publicity.

I however think she should believe in the old adage:

Everyone serves a purpose, even if only to serve as a bad example. :D;)