Strictly Come Dancing 2010 Final Discussion Thread 18th December 2010 7pm and 9:05pm

Comments

• tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TMI! :D

I've just said something similar on another board (I liked Pamela & James though)! :D

I liked dirty dancing too but hardly imaginative! they could have at least changed it a bit. ( And Swayze did it better!):mad:
  • FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posy wrote: »
    Remember if Pam wins we'll see Billy next year!

I can hardly wait:rolleyes:
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member

Was Billy not competing this year then? I swear I've seen him on the show more than most.
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    I was hoping that Kara's showdance would of had Paso/Tango content like Alesha's had - think that would have shown her off really well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKTblkh08ws

I really hope they put a stop to all these lifts and gimmicks next year though. It's the main thing that has spoilt this series.

This year has been brilliant in terms of the celebs they got so well done BBC for that.
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    I'm not a betting person so what does that mean:confused:

Means people betting on it think Pam will win more than Matt. Kara is still Fav.

But at one point Pam was 10/1. and she came into 2/1...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Billy not competing this year then? I swear I've seen him on the show more than most.

This :p
  • celfyddydaucelfyddydau Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spit coffee on my screen :D
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    Means people betting on it think Pam will win more than Matt. Kara is still Fav.

But at one point Pam was 10/1. and she came into 2/1...

Thanks. However, it doesn't always go that way if people think Pamela was over-marked.
  • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt is so going to finish 3rd :(:cry: Thanks for nothing Aliona :mad:
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    Well I was going to vote for Matt but can't get through. Perhaps its a good sign
    Doesn't mean anything except that the voting platform for all three dancers is overloaded. probably with votes for Pamela :eek:

I think Pamela is going to edge this, if she can get into the final two. Kara's dances aren't exciting enough.
  • water_carrierwater_carrier Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alexgr wrote: »
    New dance and a dance of their choice.

Matt is doing a Paso and his Viennese Waltz
    Kara is doing a Waltz and her American Smooth
    Pamela is doing an Argentine Tango and her Charleston.

Thank you :D
  • james_von05james_von05 Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    line is now closed???
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    line is now closed???

Yeahh they froze the line at 8:30pm.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    I thought the showdances were not good at all. Pamela's was a bit 'safe' and boring, Matts did not have enough dance content and Kara's was a bit messy - IMO.

Whatever you thought about Chris and Tom they certainly knew how to do a show dance!

Chris repeated a winning formula - his showdance followed weks of development of the act. It didn't take much new thought and he was in character. Tom reverted to doing something he was able to do from well before he even turned up for SCD.....

This series its even more difficult to do anything worthwhile when there's too much to do and no time to make up and rehearse anything good. Worse, attempting to make the earlier dances more entertaining has used up some of the best options. This year's pairs are not ideal for a showdance either. Matt goes for the same stale irrelevant gymnastics moves at the drop of a hat and couldn't resist. Artem chucks in more difficulty whenever he spots a free nano second and Pamela can't do anything that exciting anyway and so they just redid something solid and "nice" .
  • PosyPosy Posts: 1,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we get to see voting percentages when series finishes like the xfactor did?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I voted for Pamela, would have voted for Kara if the timing on the showdance hadn't been so off.
  • smudesmude Posts: 17,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt's showdance is better on a second viewing. I don't want to see Pamela's charleston.
    Matt and Kara for me.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

One reason not to vote for Pam: I reckon he would be the Paul Daniels of 2011...
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smude wrote: »
    Matt's showdance is better on a second viewing. I don't want to see Pamela's charleston.
    Matt and Kara for me.

This :)
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well based on the first show...

Honours even for the first three dances. Matt's showdance was entertaining and there were wow moments in it, but the low key sections weren't well choreographed to fit with the rest and so it didn't flow. Kara's was just lack lustre throughout, nothing 'wow' really and not particularly well danced. Pamela's wasn't showy, but it was solid and certainly enjoyable.

On that basis it should be Matt and Pamela through imo.
  • Prime!Prime! Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has been my favourite freestyle/showdance from al lthe series I've watched.(UK and US)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lemp_XOmtM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    of the new dances matt and pamelas have the most potential to be exciting IMHO. Matt doing a paso and pamela an argentinian tango could be amazing. Kara and Artem should do a great waltz but I dont think it will set the world alight. Hope matt and pamela get through purely for that reason at the moment
  • DuckfeetDuckfeet Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    jlrob wrote: »
    Difficult call. Kara's got the dance lover's fannies, Matt's got the housewives fannies, and Pamela's got the granny fannies..

Nope - this granny fanny :eek: is voting for Kara!
  • thepainterthepainter Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Pam and James to win, best of the evening, and at 61, amazing. Kara, a very close second. All finalists are good though and whoever wins, I wont be too dissapointed.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Wondering if Craig is sticking what the producer has told him tonight?:confused::confused::confused::confused: