Options

How are you getting DriveClub?

Comments

• Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any more news from developers on how they are getting on with improving this game ?
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Any more news from developers on how they are getting on with improving this game ?

not much apart from the same old tweet about improving stability mate. I end up going back to Horizon 2 as it's just more fun but when it comes to enclosed circuit racing, I prefer Forza :)
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    More servers are going online this weekend and a "significant" server update will happen in the next 24 hours according to their Twitter.

I'm taking a break until the challenges go live so I can go for the platinum after getting the final trophy available at the moment this morning.

I wonder if they'll add on higher ranks like what happened with Battlefield 4 when the DLC hits. Even though I'm at level 50, there's still loads of XP to get from accolades.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More servers sounds promising
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    I've noticed the driver stats is up and running now and the leaderboards are working a lot better.
  • Options
    Ian_TroonIan_Troon Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Great racing online there with Lisa B, a very good driver if I may say! Won more than me anyway! We'll need to arrange a DS multiplayer session.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ian_Troon wrote: »
    Great racing online there with Lisa B, a very good driver if I may say! Won more than me anyway! We'll need to arrange a DS multiplayer session.

It was all going well until that race when we followed each other into the gravel and then kept getting spun by everyone! :D We did a lot better in the red team/blue team stuff.

The online is fun when it works, but the servers are so fragile there's no way they can add hundreds of thousands more people to it any time soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a go there and 3rd race into a tournament servers went again so lost the team points. I've turned back off again. Hopefully get better early next week
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Browsing the club leaderboards and found Digital Spy 4 a few slots above me. Soon overtook, don't you worry.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    More servers are going online this weekend and a "significant" server update will happen in the next 24 hours according to their Twitter.

I couldnt even connect this morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The online leaderboards are totally fecked. I've earned over 16.2 million XP and was in the top 600 the last time I looked this morning. Tonight, I've only got 58,000 XP. How does that even happen?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The online leaderboards are totally fecked. I've earned over 16.2 million XP and was in the top 600 the last time I looked this morning. Tonight, I've only got 58,000 XP. How does that even happen?!

I wondered what was cracking off with that, 'cause I saw you at over 16mill and then at some point in the afternoon you'd vanished off the leaderboard. :o All that work had better still be in the system!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm still level 50, the XP above my photo shows 16 million and all the accolades I completed still show as complete but it somehow the leaderboard shows different. I'll take a screenshot the next time I'm on & Tweet them to see what they say. 58,000 was roughly the XP I got the the final race I done earlier today as I got an accolade worth 40000 & a trophy for maxing out a gameplay type
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Away down at 315528 in the world now & apparently only driven 288.4 miles... http://i.imgur.com/lFycCWv.png

Lots of the cars say I've never driven them & tracks saying I've never been round them either
  • Options
    denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the other hand, Digital Spy 1 is now at No. 189 in the global leaderboard. Well done team!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    denzil28 wrote: »
    On the other hand, Digital Spy 1 is now at No. 189 in the global leaderboard. Well done team!!

WOOOOO GO TEAM! lol It looks like I'm just a clinger on that's contributed zilch :cry:
  • Options
    denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only another 13 million and we're in the top 50!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOOOOO GO TEAM! lol It looks like I'm just a clinger on that's contributed zilch :cry:

Don't go selling yourself short mate. It is I who has contributed nothing. I'm toiling to win the Pro trophy :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to come in second in the Pro trophy. Has anyone else had stupid speeds coming up in the speed sections. I just had one were I was to beat 6427.6mph :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sony shouldve told them to delay it another year. Probably shouldve done the same with singstar.
    Wonder if the next release will be as bad. What will that be? LBP 3 ?
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    got this off my mate yesterday, had a few races, couldn't connect to the servers so not a good start. And it's no where as impressive as I thought it was going to be,
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seanf wrote: »
    got this off my mate yesterday, had a few races, couldn't connect to the servers so not a good start. And it's no where as impressive as I thought it was going to be,

Its a playstation exclusive so be impressed ! ;-)

Bought this myself last night and so far so good. 9 stars from 3 races, impressive start lol though I don't think its all going to be so easy.

I've applied to join a club, the one with fastest finger, I assume I've got to be accepted :) I'm not a bad driver, honest, just not very good :D

Graphically, it looks great but I was expecting better :o the cars do look top notch but the scenery is lacking some punch? Beautiful graphics all the same.

Anyway, now that I've applied to join a club, will anything I do now be added to that clubs level/score when I'm accepted, or will I have to start again? Do Tour events contribute to a clubs level or is that only multiplayer?
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one thing that I did find impressive was the details on the windscreen, the dash reflection, the wiper marks on the windscreen and the sun glare, can't remember the track ( start line is on a bridge) drove up hill took a sharp left hand and suddenly couldn't see the road due to how bright the sun was, could have done with a pair of shades.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Its a playstation exclusive so be impressed ! ;-)

Bought this myself last night and so far so good. 9 stars from 3 races, impressive start lol though I don't think its all going to be so easy.

I've applied to join a club, the one with fastest finger, I assume I've got to be accepted :) I'm not a bad driver, honest, just not very good :D

Graphically, it looks great but I was expecting better :o the cars do look top notch but the scenery is lacking some punch? Beautiful graphics all the same.

Anyway, now that I've applied to join a club, will anything I do now be added to that clubs level/score when I'm accepted, or will I have to start again? Do Tour events contribute to a clubs level or is that only multiplayer?

Digital Spy 1, 2 and 3 are full up but I think Digital Soy 4 has spaces. Look up that club and request to join. You may have to be accepted, it depends how the owner set that club up.

Any points you've gained so far will NOT be added to the club when you join. Only points you earn from there on will be added (assuming the servers are up).

Tour races and multiplayer contribute to the club, literally any points.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Thanks. Just Venom now, need to find about 0.6secs. Going to have to come back to it tomorrow with a fresh head. ;)
    GOT IT ! 1:15.689.

Need to get up to Level 50 now and then I'm done.