Options

Asda Groceries Website

Magic CottageMagic Cottage Posts: 2,698
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Whenever I try to use the Asda Groceries website over the last couple of days I get this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72157368/Screenshot%202015-04-25%2010.07.48.png

This happens in Chrome, Firefox and IE -- I normally use Firefox. I'm unable to get out of this page. Even if I try to approach the groceries section from the main asda.com I still come back to this page and can go no further. I've cleared history in all browsers including cookies and I've even tried a 'clean' install of Firefox, all to no avail.

I am not having any problems with any other website that I use on a regular basis.

Comments

• Options
    radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I use it, but just checked & its OK for me.
  • Options
    pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gives me that page for a second or two then moves on to the login page and knows who I am.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    pmbond wrote: »
    Gives me that page for a second or two then moves on to the login page and knows who I am.

Yes I sometimes had that happen as well. Would only last a second or two and then reload to the login page.

Thankfully I don't use them any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. This is a little strange. All is fine on my phone's app and on my wife's tablet in Chrome, so it is definitely a PC problem.

However, I can't imagine or think of any settings in all three browsers that would be triggering this reaction on just one website.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Works fine for me.

Goes there first, hesitates, then moves onto a different page.

I would say there is some kind of Windows block going on to prevent the ASDA "Intro page" from moving on to the main stuff.

ASDA are probably doing something weird, but most PCs are OK with it.

Look into operating system on the PC, so Windows Firewall perhaps.

All browsers will thus be affected with such a problem.

I suppose it could also be an anti-virus issue. Stopping the website from auto-forwarding itself on to a new page.
  • Options
    mpmc17mpmc17 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had this exact issue as well, on all my windows machines, booted up linux & it worked fine. I think they've changed something.

I think it has something to do with Bitdefender as I use that on all my windows machines, just disabling it didn't help but disabling then clearing the cookies did.
  • Options
    s2ks2k Posts: 7,421
    Forum Member
    Are you using an adblocker or custom hosts file? Until I white-listed it in ABP the site was totally unusable under Firefox - formatting all over the place, broken CSS, menu items not working correctly etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s2k wrote: »
    Are you using an adblocker or custom hosts file? Until I white-listed it in ABP the site was totally unusable under Firefox - formatting all over the place, broken CSS, menu items not working correctly etc.

Ah! I'll have a look at that when I'm back on my PC. I have to admit that as everything else I was looking at was working fine I have not considered adblock.
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Don't know if you managed to sort this, but it just happened to me. I installed Bitdefender free edition today, that's the only change I made to my computer in the last few days, so I uninstalled it and now Asda's website works as it should.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adblocker?