Do you like the Nazirs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    No way, their as enjoyable as a smear test!:p

Wow, not sure i'd go quite that far!

I'm trying to give them time to bed in before judging too harshly. I actually don't mind sharif and Yasmine too much (i suspect I'm in the minority there) and can also cope with Zeedan in small doses but Kal and the girl really aggravate me. I don't think Kal clicks with Leanne and the Gary romance is tiresome - maybe they'd be better away from those relationships but I doubt it.

I think if the show was in better shape it'd be easier to turn a blind eye to them taking time to establish the family but they are just one of many problems presently.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I think the chickens are the best thing about the family :)

Yep, i don't mind the chickens. Would rather watch them clucking away for a scene than the humans.

Can somebody please explain the sleeping arrangements to me? They referenced Simon having to share Zeedan's room but where does Alya sleep in a 3 bedroomed house?
  • Options
    cold tootsiescold tootsies Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Shockingly awful actors the lot of them!
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    I like them abd don't see why such hatred. They are a lot more tolerable than the Windass-Armstrong clan. I don't think they have been given the best storylines though. I do like that they haven't been written as a stereotypical asian family, which as someone with half asian heritage is something that really annoys me about how soaps portray asians. We don't all, eat currys 24/7, run corner shops and follow religion you know!
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Terrible family.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're all awful but the grandmother and Zeedan are probably the worst. He's absolutely wooden. I certainly think Corrie should have more asian characters, but these ones have failed miserably.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the chickens are the best thing about the family :)

They're certainly the best actors! :D
  • Options
    funcat650funcat650 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theyr'e hideous.
  • Options
    Cheekymonkey09Cheekymonkey09 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely terrible family. The way things are going, they'll be the main focus during the live episode:kitty:

If they really wanted an "Asian" family - why not a Sikh one or a Chinese family - both of which have never been represented in a soap before.
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are the 7 people who like this family? I find it hard to believe anyone likes them.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I am not a fan of the Nazirs at all. I can't stand Kal. Jimi Mistry isn't usually so bad. I do think they are badly written for, the chicken story being one of Corrie's worst. Yazmeen and her community centre have been irritating and Alya is just boring. Alya is very good looking but that's all she has going for her. I suspect some male and lesbian/bi women like Alya for her looks but I don't think many others are fans. I think the whole Nazir family should leave the Street.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badly written, badly acted, what else is there to say. Dreadfully stereotypical bo**oks. Wish they would all go and take the useless Hat with them. Leave the chickens though, I like them!:D