Getting a bit bored of the Daleks...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
Forum Member
Don't get me wrong, they are iconic and I love them and everything but I have to admit I sighed upon hearing that they were going to be involved in yet another finale.

That's three out of the last four series finales they've now been involved in!

I don't mind them popping up in other episodes but please, Steven Moffat, no more Dalek finales!

Comments

• JimmyJoeJimmyJoe Posts: 17,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they werent in finale last year and their appearance sucked big time in series 3 so Im more than happy to have them back!

And what a return! Absolutely terrifying along with Davros and the Supreme Dalek..

Couldnt ask for more! :D
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not at all bored with them at all, especially after that episode. I agree we can have less of the crappy Dalek in Manhatten type episodes though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although, tonight's episode was the greatest and I love the story and having all the characters back etc... T. Davis seems to love his Daleks and they are used a lot... I mean, this is a great finale and I reckon without them, this would not have been so great, but there must be other monsters to be used?
  • tombalandtombaland Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imy786 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, they are iconic and I love them and everything but I have to admit I sighed upon hearing that they were going to be involved in yet another finale.

That's three out of the last four series finales they've now been involved in!

I don't mind them popping up in other episodes but please, Steven Moffat, no more Dalek finales!

so you love them and admit they're iconic but they bore you?

funny as all the things i love and find iconic i cant get enough of.

yes they have been involved in three of the four finales but in different ways.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    I'm bored of them finishing off virtually every series...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imy786 wrote: »
    I'm bored of them finishing off virtually every series...

yeah, perhaps next season we should have the adipose/kandyman/cheetah people/the rani.

thatd be grand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't it.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombaland wrote: »
    yeah, perhaps next season we should have the adipose/kandyman/cheetah people/the rani.

thatd be grand.

Well, going by this forum every person in Who is the Rani, so whoever the big bad in the next series is, it will be the Rani.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Well, going by this forum every person in Who is the Rani, so whoever the big bad in the next series is, it will be the Rani.

not EVERy person, just the slightly mentally challenged ones....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not bored with them, I'd just like new enemies to be the HUGE BADDIE of the series, like the master was last year, they just don't become as terrifying when there supposed to be the hyped up, most anticipated enemie of the series if you know what I mean
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree that the Daleks should be given a rest for the specials next year and possibly series 5. The Daleks did not feature in every series of the original series, the longest gap in the original series was Destiny Of The Daleks (1979) and then next was Resurrection Of The Daleks in 1984 - 5 years (not including the 5 Doctors story)