Options

Why are so many male TV Presenters gay or camp?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I thought it was just me noticing them, but they do seem to be everywhere.

Noticing who?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And apparently a lot of TV people are Jewish too! The Gays & Jews must be conspiring against us somehow. Wouldn't surprise me if those Moslems are in on it too ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And apparently a lot of TV people are Jewish too! The Gays & Jews must be conspiring against us somehow. Wouldn't surprise if those Moslems are in on it too ...

Don't forget the wimmin, their all over the place I've even seen them reading the news disgraceful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And apparently a lot of TV people are Jewish too! The Gays & Jews must be conspiring against us somehow. Wouldn't surprise me if those Moslems are in on it too ...
    whip wrote: »
    Don't forget the wimmin, their all over the place I've even seen them reading the news disgraceful.

I always thought it was the Mason's myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the media industry is more accepting of homosexuals and less likely to discriminate than other places of work. I know discrimination on grounds of sexual orientation is against the law but unfortunately it doesn't always apply in the real world. There are probably quite a few gay men/women who would like to join the police, army etc but don't because of the fear of intolerance and discrimination.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noticing who?

gays and lesbians on tv
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Showbiz, like all artistic professions, has a tendency to attract gay men.

That's all there is to it really.
  • Options
    DanCleggDanClegg Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there were three chat shows on the TV presented by heterosexual men, would that warrant its own thread too?

I mean, imagine a world where Jonathan Ross, Alan Titchmarsh and Jeremy Kyle each presented chat/talk shows. It would be heterosexual overload!!!!!! They're everywhere!!!! Heaven forbid Matthew Wright gets in on the act :o
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    DanClegg wrote: »
    If there were three chat shows on the TV presented by heterosexual men, would that warrant its own thread too?

I mean, imagine a world where Jonathan Ross, Alan Titchmarsh and Jeremy Kyle each presented chat/talk shows. It would be heterosexual overload!!!!!! They're everywhere!!!! Heaven forbid Matthew Wright gets in on the act :o

Don't forget; Eamonn Holmes and Phillip Schofield too! They really are everywhere ... :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emby wrote: »
    Don't forget; Eamonn Holmes and Phillip Schofield too! They really are everywhere ... :eek:

Oh god it's ridiculous - I mean I don't mind people being heterosexual but why do they have to constantly rub it in our faces???
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Oh god it's ridiculous - I mean I don't mind people being heterosexual but why do they have to constantly rub it in our faces???

Tell me about it, always flaunting their heterosexuality ... it's disgusting. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and now Im watching a repeat of Friends and ALL of the main characters are heterosexual!!! This is really going to confuse the children.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    I mean I don't mind people being heterosexual but why do they have to constantly rub it in our faces???

I quite like it when lesbians rub my face in it
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,642
    Forum Member
    I think the TV industry is probably one of the most accepting industries to work in, likewise the theatre and other entertainment industries. I guess it has always been like that.

The only thing I find annoying is that you really only get a very narrow type of gay male on TV - they're either as camp as a row of tents or a bit of a muscle Mary.

We're not all like that, in fact most gay men in the real world are fairly normal - and before anyone says anything about being gay and not being normal etc... what I mean is most gay people have pretty much the same lifestyles and attitudes as the rest of the population.

I'll also add that the TV viewing public are not all that perceptive so to identify a gay "character" on TV they have to be loud or flamboyant and "obvious".

You'll also find some newsreaders and presenters of more serious shows are also gay but you don't notice them because the gay aspect of their lives is not required for the type of programme they're presenting.
  • Options
    runner beansrunner beans Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Oh god it's ridiculous - I mean I don't mind people being heterosexual but why do they have to constantly rub it in our faces??

When only about 1 or 2 people in 100 are homosexual you could say hetrosexuals are having there faces rubbed in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the slow progression of the gay agenda to take over TV and unleash "The Alpha Plan"
    The Alpha Plan AKA Project Quiche
    Step 1 :- Gain a dominance in the entertainment buisness
    Step 2 :- Begin taking over the press
    Step 3 :- Burn Daily Mail writers at the stake for witchcraft and bad hair
    Step 4 :- Rule the world

Wikileaks will probably release the rest soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god it's ridiculous - I mean I don't mind people being heterosexual but why do they have to constantly rub it in our faces??

When only about 1 or 2 people in 100 are homosexual you could say hetrosexuals are having there faces rubbed in it.

Find me a gay person on TV and I will find you 10 times as many heterosexual people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malpasc wrote: »
    You'll also find some newsreaders and presenters of more serious shows are also gay but you don't notice them because the gay aspect of their lives is not required for the type of programme they're presenting.

This....

Maybe the usual names brought out in this ridiculous debate i.e. Norton, Carr, O'Grady are just there because people like them and find them funny not because us gays have a secret plan to infiltrate the TV and convert your children. Sorry to say it but us gays are just funnier and more charismatic :D

As the poster above points out, there might be loads of deceptive, secret gays happily going about their business without you even knowing they're there. Terrifying isn't it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I might also add, this statistic is utter bollocks.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan Carr, Graham Norton and Paul O'Grady are gay?
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,642
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »

Shocking, I know.

Apparently John Barrowman is too - he keeps it so well hidden.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »

Afraid so. There are also some very unkind rumours flying around about Barrymore, John Inman, Danny LaRue and RuPaul. Won't someome please think of the children?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I blame Fanny Craddock.
  • Options
    davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I mean, imagine a world where Jonathan Ross, Alan Titchmarsh and Jeremy Kyle each presented chat/talk shows. It would be heterosexual overload!

Apart from Jonathan Ross, yes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davidmcn wrote: »
    Apart from Jonathan Ross, yes.

Are you saying Jonathan Ross doesn't count? Because he's on a brief hiatus between a prime-time BBC1 chatshow and a prime-time C4 chatshow?