Firefox won't load some webpages ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,344
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and up untill today without any problems.

It was updated a few days ago and yesterday I ran ccCleaner on my pc to clear the rubbish away.

Today on some websites it loads the page but the data is all over the place, no background colours etc and on some webistes it won't load them at all. For example on eBay, the website loads but when clicking on pictures to enlarge them, nothing happens

Also does anyone know where I can find the Firefox bookmarks folder on my pc ? I know how to find the IE fave folder but can't find the Firefox one ? Only asking so as I can copy the bookmarks from Firefox to IE whilst I get things sorted. I know there's one way of exporting the bookmarks but with that method I'm afraid of somehow losing them

I am using the latest windows (7 I think it is)

Thanks in advance:)

A quick edit. Just tried YouTube, the page loads, no background colour (just white) and no video :(

Comments

• 3dom3dom Posts: 1,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Update your flash player see if that works
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just done that....but still the same on YouTube :(

It just started yesterday when I cleaned out all the rubbish....?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot just copy Firefox bookmarks to IE Favourites. They use completely different methods to store the information. You will have to export them, which won't lose anything from Firefox.

Often the easiest way to sort problems with Firefox is to re-install it. Installing over an existing installation should not lose any settings, add-ons etc. But it often solves issues such as the one you describe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice....just d/loaded the latest version. Installed it and still the same:(

Will I have to give Chrome a try ?
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK download Mozbackup

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

Install it then run it to make a back-up of your Firefox profile etc. It's easy enough to do. Then uninstall Firefox completely. Manually delete any folders the uninstall leaves behind, there will be at least one in the Users folder.

Now install Firefox again. Try going to some of these sites that are giving problems and see if they now work OK. If so fire up Mozbackup again and restore your old profile to get your personalised settings and bookmarks back. Hopefully it should still work OK.
  • the sandmanthe sandman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same thing happened to me when I got the latest version of Firefox,so I went back to version 3.6.18.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in some ways I'm glad to hear that someone has been having the same problems.

I will d/load that file and have a try tomorrow.

I managed to save my Firefox bookmarks as a html file and get them into IE so will unistall then reinstall Firefox

Thanks for the advice:)