Options

Marvin Humes out of his depth

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
Forum Member
Anyone notice the cringeworthy presenting ? I'm sure he is a decent guy , but he cannot present to save his life.

Comments

• Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, I was only saying yesterday how well he was doing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma outshines him - if he was with Holly i think they would work better, but Emma is too good to be a joint presenter, she should be the only presenter in my opinion...
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma outshines him - if he was with Holly i think they would work better, but Emma is too good to be a joint presenter, she should be the only presenter in my opinion...
    Emma was cringeworthy on Saturday night. She had no rapport with the judges and acted like she was presenting Big Brother. Marvin at least listened to peoples answers instead of screeching at them
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marvin is obviously only a beginner, but he hasn't done too badly turning from singer to presenter. I think in time, given the chance, he'll come on leaps and bounds.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree considering he's just starting out in terms of presenting I don't think he did to badly.
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    Emma was cringeworthy on Saturday night. She had no rapport with the judges and acted like she was presenting Big Brother. Marvin at least listened to peoples answers instead of screeching at them

Sorry tob I completely disagree Emma was a major improvement over Holly. The only time it got a bit awkward was when Tom kept asking her to repeat stuff, but that wasn't her fault. Tom was like that with Holly.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Marvin is really good. He's not obnoxious like Emma, and if anything he shows up her weak presenting style. I think he's better on his radio show though as TV presenting is obviously still something he is getting used to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I think Marvin is really good. He's not obnoxious like Emma, and if anything he shows up her weak presenting style. I think he's better on his radio show though as TV presenting is obviously still something he is getting used to.

I didn't know he had a radio show. What station is it on?
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    He wasn't as awkward to watch as I was expecting him to be on Saturday. Yeah, Emma's clearly stronger but she's been doing it for a lot longer.
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    I didn't know he had a radio show. What station is it on?

Capital week nights 7-10 and The Vodaphone Big Top 40 Sunday 4-7 on pretty much every station apart from BBC Radio ie Capital, Heart, Smooth etc
  • Options
    PawsaPawsa Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I think Marvin's great, very empathetic, love Emma too. Big improvement all round on last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She tries too hard. He gets it right and is more relaxed
  • Options
    abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A big improvement on rege yates
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems like a lovely guy but he is not a very good presenter. He's been awful on This Morning. Outshone by his female co host on both shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    he tends to cut people off when they speak , when moving along from an interview, he always pulls out a very fake laugh -- his timing is very bad. I hope he does improve though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Capital week nights 7-10 and The Vodaphone Big Top 40 Sunday 4-7 on pretty much every station apart from BBC Radio ie Capital, Heart, Smooth etc

Thanks for the info. I'll be tuning into some of those.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two bit bob presenter for an awful show.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was okay during the blind auditions (which were edited), but he was pretty awful during the first live show. I think the problem is he's not very articulate. And I still remember him saying "axed" instead of "asked" during one of the earlier rounds.
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marvin and Emma are much better than the other two that were on last year (especially "I can't stop smiling" Holly).
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    He's a novice, so I'm prepared to cut him some slack. He's very personable and I think he's doing all right, all things considered.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The man is a walking, talking, charisma bypass.

I'm sure he's a perfectly pleasant chap and all but he'd be better suited to flogging mortgages in the local building society than appearing on TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    He's a novice, so I'm prepared to cut him some slack. He's very personable and I think he's doing all right, all things considered.
    Well I much prefer his calm pleasant presenting style to Emma's
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    Well I much prefer his calm pleasant presenting style to Emma's

Yes, so you've told us three times.

Anyway, I think he's alright. Obviously Emma is a much stronger presenter but he's okay for a novice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Yes, so you've told us three times.

Anyway, I think he's alright. Obviously Emma is a much stronger presenter but he's okay for a novice.
    Sorry about that but I think he is doing well and has the potential to make it as a presenter and also seems like a nice bloke. I think he is in a difficult position because people know him from JLS and there is a lot of pressure on him to prove himself otherwise. He just seems decent and is being himself, I think.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    From what I've seen, I think he's done well transitioning from music to presenting. I enjoyed him on This Morning with Rochelle too.