Options

Psychic Predictions

Comments

• Options
    Totally WickedTotally Wicked Posts: 2,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict that Derren Brown will expose contacting the dead for the utter nonsense it is.

....and he did!

(No special powers were used in constructing this post, just a TV set tuned to Channel 4!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Derren Brown is a great source...give me a break
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mojorisin' wrote: »

Your answers are short and as meaningless as any Medium's as they never explain anything.

He clearly exposed most of the tricks mediums abuse and in particular this one was using.

Someone would have to be pretty naive to still believe such nonsense after that. And I'm being nice there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need a prediction - I just realised that over the course of today I have finished off a multi-pack of Pickled Onion Space Raiders.

Am I going to smell like onion tommorrow? Or is not real onion? Serious question here - there is a extemley delectable man at my place of work and I need to know whether to avoid him or not :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mojorisin' wrote: »

Well he's 1000000 times more reliable than any psychic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    Well he's 1000000 times more reliable than any psychic.

Well he can do the same thing without the need for special powers, just using the same techniques that they do!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you have observed how many mediums exactly? Where and when?.....they are not all alike...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Coleman is talking to someone but not the Holy Mother.

I would like to know who specifically everyone on this thread had a reading from and how accurate it was.

I will add this to the thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdBbTZdsQ5o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqpKLxU3sKw&feature=related

This is a validated prediction, one of many from Chris Reburn:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thepsychic/blog/2009/05/21/christopher-reburn-terrorist-attack-prediction-validated-today-1
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I posted this before, but long ago.

I had a friend who lived over the road from my house. One night while I was glancing out of my window, I saw his Dad (who I'd never even spoken to and knew nothing about) sweeping up outside and a thought, from nowhere and with no reason, came into my head saying 'He's going to die soon'.

Next day my Dad came to wake me up and said I'd better go and speak to Lawrence, my friend, as his Dad had just collapsed and died.

To say I was shocked is putting it mildly. I only wished I'd said something earlier as when you later say 'I knew that was going to happen....no really, I knew' - no-one believes it in quite the same way.
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Coleman is talking to someone but not the Holy Mother.

I would like to know who specifically everyone on this thread had a reading from and how accurate it was.

I will add this to the thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdBbTZdsQ5o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqpKLxU3sKw&feature=related

This is a validated prediction, one of many from Chris Reburn:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/thepsychic/blog/2009/05/21/christopher-reburn-terrorist-attack-prediction-validated-today-1

So this is what Christoper Reburn calls a verifiable prediction?

'Terrorist attacks in 2009: I do see there being about three terrorist attacks in 2009, including one attempt in the United States, but I do feel as though it will not go as planned. I am really worried about London, Germany and India still (I’ve made so many accurate predictions on those three area in the last decade that have come true) and I do feel that terrorists are still plotting and planning and focusing on those areas.'

You must be joking!

The supposed validation.

Some of this prediction was validated on 11/26/08 when scores of people were killed in Mumbai rampage - CNN.com More of this prediction was validated today 5/21/09 when the FBI arrested four people in alleged plot to bomb Bronx synagogues and
    shoot down a plane.

Can he even tell what year it is?

List of terrorist attack in 2009. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_2009
  • Options
    batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    So this is what Christoper Reburn calls a verifiable prediction?

'Terrorist attacks in 2009: I do see there being about three terrorist attacks in 2009, including one attempt in the United States, but I do feel as though it will not go as planned. I am really worried about London, Germany and India still (I’ve made so many accurate predictions on those three area in the last decade that have come true) and I do feel that terrorists are still plotting and planning and focusing on those areas.'

You must be joking!

It's pretty typical stuff, isn't it. The bar needs to be set a great deal higher if we're going to talk about accepting accuracy. Some bad people will do some bad things in some places doesn't quite cut it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *invisipost*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    batgirl wrote: »
    It's pretty typical stuff, isn't it. The bar needs to be set a great deal higher if we're going to talk about accepting accuracy. Some bad people will do some bad things in some places doesn't quite cut it.

I totally agree batgirl. But to claim that an attack that took place in 2008 was really 2009 is stretching in a bit too far.

I have studied Christopher Reburn and all his predictions are so vague as to be useless like when the recession was supposed to end.

But anyway why bother with the past when we have a real live experiment today at Knock!

They usually have some lively comment about Joe Coleman on the Irish Boards. See http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055722137&page=26
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I have a real live example of a faith healer "at work". A few months ago a relative of mine started to suffer numbness in his legs and was referred for an MRI scan and other tests.

A faith healer assured him that the tests would come back negative and all would be well.

The results of the tests have come back and he has a cyst on his spine and needs an operation.

So much for faith healers.
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I have a real live example of a faith healer "at work". A few months ago a relative of mine started to suffer numbness in his legs and was referred for an MRI scan and other tests.

A faith healer assured him that the tests would come back negative and all would be well.

The results of the tests have come back and he has a cyst on his spine and needs an operation.

So much for faith healers.

Well, considering recent personal health related events I think I can quite categorically state that I am not in the least bit psychic whatsoever, not a jot, not a smidgeon, nope, not even a flicker, no matter how much I would like to be.

Which seems a tad unfair. I mean, why would one person be psychic and not another? What would determine such a gift?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hear about the health problems guys.

Btw, I posted about Derren Brown's show (last night, C4 I think) in Henry's thread and if you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth tracking down. He's doing two more.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict a riot. I predict a riot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    I predict a riot. I predict a riot.

I predict you will be right.

However if you have to predict the time and the place you will most likely be wrong.
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the health problems guys.

Btw, I posted about Derren Brown's show (last night, C4 I think) in Henry's thread and if you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth tracking down. He's doing two more.

Cheers. I shall go have a look.
  • Options
    bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading pver the thread, I see a misunderstanding of psychic phenomena by many posters. The truth about psychic persons is:

They are not all-knowing and the future does not appear to them as clearly as HDTV

Psychics are not dancing bears. They should not be commercialized and pressed to make global predictions in order to keep their status - this is wrong on their part and persons who encourage them

Many persons with psychic experiences have precognition about persons close to them, not celebrities

Persons who claim to debunk psychics seize on errors but cannot account for how a psychic knew something specific, so they throw out successes.

The world as we know it would be totally changed if psychics were right all the time and could see everything. Many events in the future would never occur. Psychic phenomena is a just a glimpse into another plane of reality.

The strong sarcasm with which every psychic incident is greeted does not help enlighten people about the field.
    Posters who have described actual events not accounted for by logic are routinely ignored. I agree with the person who wrote into a skeptic site asking what if there was a baddocs site, and no one would go to those doctors. The truth is that doctors make mistakes constantly. They look at patients, take some facts and make an educated guess. If I had all the diseases I was wrongly told I had, I would have died many times over. However i continue to go to docs and also to be open-minded .about psychic phenomena.
  • Options
    Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bollywood wrote: »
    <snip>
    The strong sarcasm with which every psychic incident is greeted does not help enlighten people about the field.
    Posters who have described actual events not accounted for by logic are routinely ignored. I agree with the person who wrote into a skeptic site asking what if there was a baddocs site, and no one would go to those doctors. The truth is that doctors make mistakes constantly. They look at patients, take some facts and make an educated guess. If I had all the diseases I was wrongly told I had, I would have died many times over. However i continue to go to docs and also to be open-minded .about psychic phenomena.

If you regularly get diagnosed with diseases you don't have I suggest you change doctors.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My exact thoughts Stiffy. It seems you've been unusually unlucky bollywood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My exact thoughts Stiffy. It seems you've been unusually unlucky bollywood.

Oh I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why doen't Knock have a tweeter and then we could tune in to the happenings right now?

This seems to be as close as we get. See http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055722137&page=27

Mind you the posters on there seem awfully negative :)

and http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Virgin-Mary-coming-back-to-Knock-Shrine-on-May-11-claims-visionary.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on we have a live psychic event an no one seems to be interested?