Was Kym Marsh the only cast member not involved in the live episode of Coronation St

pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It just dawned on me i didnt see kym marsh in the live episode was she the only member not part of it. For a woman who constantly blabs on and on about how great corrie is im surprised she wasnt part of it. Or did they simply not trust her with any scenes?

Comments

• kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    Gail, Deirdre, Liz, Jim werent there either
  • georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's pregnant. after her last baby died, they couldn't take the risk of anything going wrong, so her character has been shipped off to visit Ryan.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Emily missing too?
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't missed:D

(Emily wasn't in the live episode either)
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pikeur wrote: »
    It just dawned on me i didnt see kym marsh in the live episode was she the only member not part of it. For a woman who constantly blabs on and on about how great corrie is im surprised she wasnt part of it. Or did they simply not trust her with any scenes?

She's the one I was MOST GLAD not to see in the live episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good thing she was away, too.
  • wallabinowallabino Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    yeah guessed it was something to do with her real life pregnancy her not being in it.

gail, deirdre and emily have been in other eps this week.

where the hell has beverley callard been for weeks? the excuses they are using for her not being there when jim and owen ask for her, first she was on 'annual leave', then at the hairdressers, now she's visiting andy in spain?! i take it she took unplanned time off? because with jim coming back they should surely have had liz about, and she was even absent when owen dumped her!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone heard why Gail wasn't in the live?

She was there at the end of the previous ep, worried about Nick. It really jarred that she wasn't there when he was freed.

Was Helen Worth poorly or something? Surely she was originally meant to be in it.
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a miracle we haven't heard her pipe up and praise the show and the cast etc.etc.etc.
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wallabino wrote: »
    yeah guessed it was something to do with her real life pregnancy her not being in it.

gail, deirdre and emily have been in other eps this week.

where the hell has beverley callard been for weeks? the excuses they are using for her not being there when jim and owen ask for her, first she was on 'annual leave', then at the hairdressers, now she's visiting andy in spain?! i take it she took unplanned time off? because with jim coming back they should surely have had liz about, and she was even absent when owen dumped her!

http://www.ok.co.uk/posts/view/28530/Coronation-Street-star-Beverley-Callard-Wedding-Exclusive

D'ya think??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Nawwww she was in it...she was the fourth plank that fell on poor Rita :) (ohh thats mean)
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    The only cast members that didn't appear were Michelle, Jim, Liz, Aadi and Asha. The kids is understandable, Michelle is because of Kym Marsh's pregnancy presumably - she's already miscarried once so probably wasn't up for burning rubble and live devastation on that scale. Jim and Liz is so far completely unexplained - something very strange is going on with Beverley Callard, thought this for a few weeks now and it's very clear at this point.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    The only cast members that didn't appear were Michelle, Jim, Liz, Aadi and Asha. The kids is understandable, Michelle is because of Kym Marsh's pregnancy presumably - she's already miscarried once so probably wasn't up for burning rubble and live devastation on that scale. Jim and Liz is so far completely unexplained - something very strange is going on with Beverley Callard, thought this for a few weeks now and it's very clear at this point.

Plus i'm guessing - she'd had a bump now and she didn't then
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member

All of the kids didn't appear...
    Simon, Amy, Joshua, Freddie, Russ and any others that I missed.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    ads84 wrote: »
    All of the kids didn't appear...
    Simon, Amy, Joshua, Freddie, Russ and any others that I missed.

Sorry, I meant the whole of Tram Week.:)
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Betty in it? I thought tonight was the first time she'd been in it all week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz is on the quiz thing now when was that filmed??
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I meant the whole of Tram Week.:)

Ah. Thought it was strange how you'd mentioned two Corrie kids but forgotten the rest :confused::o
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares, she's murdering a boyzone song on ITV right now.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pam and Bill wern't in the live episode either.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she was probably rehearsing for her big night with boyzone right now. She has come a long way from being a reality tv winner, as the intro was 'Kim Marsh and Boyzone'. Instead of the other way round.
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ya it was strange pam wasnt in onsidering her only family connection was been killed off. I agree aswell in that its surprising that kym marsh and her big fat mouth isnt pipping up saying how great the live episode was, maybe she is sickened the whole hype of of corrie live didnt match eastenders live episode in the ratings, id love to know her answer to that.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redcherry wrote: »
    she was probably rehearsing for her big night with boyzone right now. She has come a long way from being a reality tv winner, as the intro was 'Kim Marsh and Boyzone'. Instead of the other way round.

She probably insisted on top billing:D

I think the show is pre-recorded...but as I said earlier, she wasn't missed...she would probably had all the male firemen and paramedics sniffing around her, as Michelle is oh so irresistible
  • Milleniumqueen7Milleniumqueen7 Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Children

Asha
    Aadi
    Josh
    Freddie
    Simon
    Russ
    Liam
    Amy
    Max

Other Cast

Liz
    Michelle
    Gail
    Emily
    Betty
    Bill
    Pam
    Deidre

Ok I understand the kids as they are young and there may be some law against them appearing or something i.e Health and Safety Michelle makes sense as Kym is pregnant But Gail that doesn't seem right she wasnt even there when Nick was released
    Emily shes a long standing character it seem weird she wasn't even given a world let alone a line along with other long running residents Deidre and Betty
    Pam and Bill werent even there when molly was pronounced dead COME ON!!

And yes before you ask i am an anorak
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    pikeur wrote: »
    Ya it was strange pam wasnt in onsidering her only family connection was been killed off. I agree aswell in that its surprising that kym marsh and her big fat mouth isnt pipping up saying how great the live episode was, maybe she is sickened the whole hype of of corrie live didnt match eastenders live episode in the ratings, id love to know her answer to that.

Ratings shmatings, fact is last night's ep was lauded in the press (broadsheet and tabloid) as seamless, well acted and well directed, and the public seemed to agree. I hate to indulge in this Corrie VS EastEnders, north VS south chidlishness but, the same can't be said of the Enders live ep (which was largely mocked).

The ratings are lower because EastEnders anniversary was celebrated by a single episode, Corrie's was celebrated by a whole week's worth, including two major, separately hyped episodes; expecting viewers who don't usually watch much to tune in or do so purely out of habit to all stay in for one big episode is one thing, expecting them to tune in for two plus the three separating them is another.