Options

Kylies Best Studio album?

Comments

• Options
    pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aphrodite is a strong album, shame it wont be a big seller, on the plus side though all the lovers is one of her biggest selling hits so thats good,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Its so hard to choose from..i love all Kylie's stuff

Talking of Kylie, did she release more stuff from Aphrodite . ? as she seems to have gone quiet :(..We have new Britney , so its just fair to have another new album from her, dont you think :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie has a brand new single cokming out soon its a charity single for japan and its not a cover version, i still think aphrodite should have re released as it has the potentail to sell a hell of alot more than it currenty has,i think its roughly on 310,000 sales in the UK which is disappointing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Most of her albums it it was such a difficult choice but i went for X
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X although not her most cohersive album is good, it had some fantastic songs that would have made great single, like a drug and the one especially should have been proper singles, and 2 hearts should never have been a single.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Light Years - it's the most Kylie of all Kylie albums.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Can't she do music a favour and call it a day.

Is someone really trying to say she has contributed anything to music.

She can't sing or compose....on second thoughts no wonder she's done so well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Can't she do music a favour and call it a day.

Is someone really trying to say she has contributed anything to music.

She can't sing or compose....on second thoughts no wonder she's done so well
  • Options
    Cherry7UpCherry7Up Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I vote for Rhythm Of Love - should've been more singles lifted from there !
    Close second choice would be 'Kylie'.
    Last great album was Light Years.

Love everything else,although 'X' is a bit hit n miss,only like half of it.

The only cd I couldn't hold onto was Body Language.Kind of annoying that there's that one gap in the Minogue section of my cd shelves,but I couldn't stand that album from start to finish,so had to get rid.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cherry7Up wrote: »
    I vote for Rhythm Of Love - should've been more singles lifted from there !
    Close second choice would be 'Kylie'.
    Last great album was Light Years.

Love everything else,although 'X' is a bit hit n miss,only like half of it.

The only cd I couldn't hold onto was Body Language.Kind of annoying that there's that one gap in the Minogue section of my cd shelves,but I couldn't stand that album from start to finish,so had to get rid.

agree about rhythm of love! although to be honest the only other single she could have lifted would be `things can only get better`. that was fantastic! anything else wouldn't have come close to the other singles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Things can only get better and possibly secret would have made good singles but overall the right singles were picked from rhythm of love.

Enjoy yourself was another album i always felt was packed full of potential singles, i know overall it doesnt rate of one of kylie;s best albums but i have always loved it and i think its a much better album than her debut and also miles ahead of lets get it to, km94, body language and x.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Light Years, Fever, or Impossible Princess. I think I have to go with Light Years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love X the most and Fever and Light Years. Impossible Princess is good too. And her latest release. I love Obsession from Body Language and the singles she released of it but overall the album is my least favourite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pikeur wrote: »
    Things can only get better and possibly secret would have made good singles but overall the right singles were picked from rhythm of love.

Enjoy yourself was another album i always felt was packed full of potential singles, i know overall it doesnt rate of one of kylie;s best albums but i have always loved it and i think its a much better album than her debut and also miles ahead of lets get it to, km94, body language and x.

secrets was covered by sophie lawrence. she did promotion for it and everything. however, they never released it. enjoy yourself was such a better album than the first!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    insanely difficult lol but I went for fever

It's was a tough call between that and rhythm of love (imo ROL is perfect once you swap out the album versions of WDIHTD/shocked for the single versions)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Light years for me is her best but i think they could have maximized singles far better, please stay is good but i always felt it was better as an album track, under the influence and disco down i think would have made fantastic singles, light years and butterfly would have also made a better single than please stay.
    Your disco needs is a great pop song but i think it was the right decision not to release it as a single,i know it had a limited release in some countries so i dont count it as a fully offical single.

Impossible princess is a fantastic album and very different for kylie, but again limbo and i dont need anyone i think should have been singles.

Fever i think the right singles were picked but fever should have been a single instead of come into my world.

Body language i thin the right singles were picked, i love slow and adore chocolate, red blooded woman was the best of a bad bunch, overall a weak album.

X, wow and in my arms i think were correct single choices although the one and like a drug should have been the other 2, i know the one was released but it wasnt a full release and it was very messy.

Aphrodite, all the lovers was a fantastic lead single, get outta my way i think shouldnt have been a single, i love better than today, aphrodite and cupid boy should have singles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Light years for me is her best but i think they could have maximized singles far better, please stay is good but i always felt it was better as an album track, under the influence and disco down i think would have made fantastic singles, light years and butterfly would have also made a better single than please stay.
    Your disco needs is a great pop song but i think it was the right decision not to release it as a single,i know it had a limited release in some countries so i dont count it as a fully offical single.

Impossible princess is a fantastic album and very different for kylie, but again limbo and i dont need anyone i think should have been singles.

Fever i think the right singles were picked but fever should have been a single instead of come into my world.

Body language i thin the right singles were picked, i love slow and adore chocolate, red blooded woman was the best of a bad bunch, overall a weak album.

X, wow and in my arms i think were correct single choices although the one and like a drug should have been the other 2, i know the one was released but it wasnt a full release and it was very messy.

Aphrodite, all the lovers was a fantastic lead single, get outta my way i think shouldnt have been a single, i love better than today, aphrodite and cupid boy should have singles.

i loved light years. i think maybe your disco needs you was a bit camp to be a single. you have got to love robbie for that song!

although i always thought his lyric in kids was kind of inappropriate due to kylie`s past!

Single-handedly raising the economy
    Ain't no chance of the record company dropping me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say that was more about his ego than anything, but i dounbt kylie was too bothered as it worked out well for her, dropped or not re con went bust so the same result would have happened for kylie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say that was more about his ego than anything, but i dounbt kylie was too bothered as it worked out well for her, dropped or not re con went bust so the same result would have happened for kylie.

it was just a joke! i was being ironic.
  • Options
    Selina KyleSelina Kyle Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Fever.

Can't believe Light Years is so high? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Light years is a huge fan fave but fever is aswell.
  • Options
    ValereValere Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    like a drug and the one especially should have been proper singles, and 2 hearts should never have been a single.

Agreed!

2 Hearts was, strangely, one of the weakest songs on the album (it's a bit drone like, even...doesn't really have a proper tune). I really don't know why they went with it as a lead single because Like A Drug in particular is much stronger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valere wrote: »
    Agreed!

2 Hearts was, strangely, one of the weakest songs on the album (it's a bit drone like, even...doesn't really have a proper tune). I really don't know why they went with it as a lead single because Like A Drug in particular is much stronger.

Very true, 2 hearts would have been fine as an album track, my main problem with 2 hearts is that it did not represent the rest of the album in any shape or form, although x has sold a good bit more than aphrodite i think had the right singles been picked and a better lead single X would have sold a hell of alot more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true, 2 hearts would have been fine as an album track, my main problem with 2 hearts is that it did not represent the rest of the album in any shape or form, although x has sold a good bit more than aphrodite i think had the right singles been picked and a better lead single X would have sold a hell of alot more.

kylie would love to do more songs like 2 hearts. unfortunately, whenever she does try something a bit different the fans do not react well. i personally think she was testing the waters with this single.

i completely agree with you though, it doesn't fit the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ya i think Kylie;s heart lies with songs like 2 hearts, where the wild roses grow and the impossible princess era, but from a business point of view she knows her fans want pop music from and the trend of her singles success shows that.

I still think Kylie has another huge smash left in her yet, what i love above kylie is she has the ability to bounce back time and time again, id love her to have another cant get you out of my head smash, but i think the disapointing sales of aphrodite will drive her harder for the next album.

In some ways kylie;s career has changed, pre the 2000 return, kylie wouldnt have had much of a name regarding touring, but now her tours are huge successes and for kylie id say thats where she makes a lot of her money so maybe the tours are what drive her now.

Luckily though from a fan point of view, kylie for me is still delivering strong album, and still makes albums i enjoy, once that continues il be a happy kylie fan.