Options

Colchester Police Hunt 'Brutal' Murderer

dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Colchester Police Hunt 'Brutal' Murderer

Police have promised to "unrelentingly" pursue all lines of inquiry as they continue to investigate the brutal murder of a Saudi Arabian student who was stabbed 16 times.

Nahid Almanea was walking along a path in Colchester, Essex, on Tuesday morning when she was attacked.

Police are investigating whether her clothing - an abaya robe and hijab headscarf - was a factor in the stabbing, but stressed they do not yet know for sure.

Police think the killing of nahid is a race crime
But what about the killing of James Attfield why is that not classed as a race crime?

Comments

• Options
    Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    This seems more like a crazy knife person than a race thing.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dragonzord wrote: »
    But what about the killing of James Attfield why is that not classed as a race crime?

Why do you think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    This seems more like a crazy knife person than a race thing.
    hopefully they get caught soon.

ISIS Fighter Calls For Revenge Attack On Britain After Saudi Student murder
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    Why do you think?
    Most likely as he's white.
  • Options
    iwearoddsocksiwearoddsocks Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite the agenda you're peddling here OP/
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,272
    Forum Member
    Congrats OP this thread will get real messy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite the agenda you're peddling here OP/
    Its not right to class one murder as a race crime and not the other double standards is wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    i live 2 mins down the road from where this poor lady was murdered and from what I gather there is still just as much talk of the 2 murders being related as there is of a race related murder. The police simply said from the start that there are similarities between the two but there are also differences (daytime/nightime, and male/female) so they cant say for certain as yet that it is buy the same person. They also said because of what she was wearing they have to look into it being race related but again they don't know.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not right to class one murder as a race crime and not the other double standards is wrong.

The important thing is catching the murderer, whether or not it was race related will be something for a court to consider at a later stage. The act of murder is the main issue.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe she just 'shamed her family' and had to be killed.
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »

You could be right!

How can the Police come out and start talking about a racial killing without any facts?
    Talk about stirring up racial hatred :o
  • Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Nahid was maybe just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The important thing is catching the murderer, whether or not it was race related will be something for a court to consider at a later stage. The act of murder is the main issue.
    Surely it is a detail of the crime that could be vitally important to the investigation and actually finding the killer in the first place? Very much something for the police to consider now, I'd have thought.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you read your article OP? Police aren't sure of the motive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's not what is happening. Only you are saying this. I saw a news article on Tv earlier and police insist they are not jumping to conclusions, and there could be any number of motives for the attack.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    That's not what is happening. Only you are saying this. I saw a news article on Tv earlier and police insist they are not jumping to conclusions, and there could be any number of motives for the attack.

And then you have this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2661449/Woman-attacked-killed-walked-footpath-targeted-wearing-Muslim-robes.html
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    I personally feel the police have said about the two maybe to draw on publicity. Surely it can't be what she was wearing because of the male. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most likely as he's white.

It could still be treated as a possible hate crime, as he was disabled and vulnerable.
  • Options
    Kyle_TKyle_T Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »

I'm surprised she isn't being blamed for being out on her own. If she had been raped she would have been.
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they catch who did it but i don't see the point in jumping to the racist conclusions when we have no idea of the suspect or the motive.
  • Options
    B_Bowler27B_Bowler27 Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    All we should be concentrating on at the moment is catching the person who committed this crime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they catch who did it but i don't see the point in jumping to the racist conclusions when we have no idea of the suspect or the motive.

Which is exactly what the police are doing in this case. A hate crime is only one possible motive.
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which is exactly what the police are doing in this case. A hate crime is only one possible motive.

i'm talking about the press.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any murder should be classed as a hate crime be the victim muslim, black, Asian ,white immigrant or British white.
    As killing is wrong no matter what colour race or religion .
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    Surely it is a detail of the crime that could be vitally important to the investigation and actually finding the killer in the first place? Very much something for the police to consider now, I'd have thought.

And of course that is something they will be doing, but it is not the most important aspect of the case on a forum, the murder is.