storage wars cast, how much are they paid?

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
I love storage wars and even the poor version, storage hunters.

I was wondering if anyone knew how mug the cast gets paid per episode?

Someone told me that the cast all got together after season 2 when they knew it was getting a huge following and proving to be a big success.

They apparently said they wouldn't come back for any less than $10k per show.

Jarrod and brandi are the biggest stars and I was told they get upto $30k per episode.

What I don't get is if they are paid shed loads per episode why do they not just steam roller the hell out of all the other bidders and just buy every locker.

Comments

• petestanpetestan Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love storage wars and even the poor version, storage hunters.

I was wondering if anyone knew how mug the cast gets paid per episode?

Someone told me that the cast all got together after season 2 when they knew it was getting a huge following and proving to be a big success.

They apparently said they wouldn't come back for any less than $10k per show.

Jarrod and brandi are the biggest stars and I was told they get upto $30k per episode.

What I don't get is if they are paid shed loads per episode why do they not just steam roller the hell out of all the other bidders and just buy every locker.

Isn't that what Dave did in the 1st couple of seasons and so they dropped him, besides which it's a tv show so presumably the producers tell them who's going to win or at least tell them to only buy so many lockers at each venue.
  • Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some of the lockers themselves are staged.

It figures Brandi gets paid the most. She has the best tits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom2023 wrote: »
    I think some of the lockers themselves are staged.

It figures Brandi gets paid the most. She has the best tits.

They are all staged, there is no way in hell someone would leave all those paintings behind when Darrell got that locker full of them a couple of years back. If there is anything of value left in a storage locker you can bet the storage unit owners will go through them first to try and get back what they are owed before they sell them off to the buyers. Don't get me wrong I love the show but it's definitely staged.

I read somewhere, probably on DS that the producers paid for her boob job, whether it's true or not we will probably never know. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petestan wrote: »
    I read somewhere, probably on DS that the producers paid for her boob job, whether it's true or not we will probably never know. :D

Money well spent :)
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    They are all staged, there is no way in hell someone would leave all those paintings behind when Darrell got that locker full of them a couple of years back. If there is anything of value left in a storage locker you can bet the storage unit owners will go through them first to try and get back what they are owed before they sell them off to the buyers. Don't get me wrong I love the show but it's definitely staged.

Nabila Hanis who appeared in some episodes did get a huge score, when she brought one of Paris Hiltons lockers that Paris had abandoned. Whilst there is no doubt some items are put in there, the everyday stuff clearly isn't.

Of the highest earners I would say Jarrod & Brandi are top, especially since like Barry Weiss they have their own spin off programme now featuring more of their family life.

I do hope they bring Mary Padian over from Storage Wars Texas, as some of the episodes currently shown in the US hint's she may be setting up a workshop in LA.
  • Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surfie wrote: »
    Nabila Hanis who appeared in some episodes did get a huge score, when she brought one of Paris Hiltons lockers that Paris had abandoned. Whilst there is no doubt some items are put in there, the everyday stuff clearly isn't.

Of the highest earners I would say Jarrod & Brandi are top, especially since like Barry Weiss they have their own spin off programme now featuring more of their family life.

I do hope they bring Mary Padian over from Storage Wars Texas, as some of the episodes currently shown in the US hint's she may be setting up a workshop in LA.

Also it worth remembering that Barry Weiss is a real multi-millionaire and not a real storage locker buyer (in the same way as Dave, Jarrod or Darryl before the show made their money via buying and sell items from storage lockers).

Barry and his brother rans a successful produce business that they sold around a year before the show went into production. Barry is a good friend of the Executive Producer and narrator Thom Beers and Beers asked Weiss to get involved as a kind of Collector of nic-naks, which was something of a hobby for Barry anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ooh I didn't know Brandi and Jarod had their own spin off show, hopefully History UK will show it soon then seeing as they got the Barry spin off show. :D
    They had to shut down their 2nd store so they can't be doing all that great, although again that could be staged who knows.:confused:
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Nothing on TV is real. Everything is staged and scripted.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member

That was one of the accusations Dave hester gave when suing the show, I don't think it was proven to be true
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Im sure each of the actors are making $15-60K per episode.
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    That was one of the accusations Dave hester gave when suing the show, I don't think it was proven to be true

They are cagey about Jarrod & Brandi's background as it is alluded that Brandi was a stripper at the club Jarrod managed when they met. The did sneak in though in one episode a couple of years ago the fact Jarrod did have a criminal record as he mentioned he had to go for a drugs test.

Their online shop though does list some of the finds they have made for sale, not hand them back afterwards.

On the positive it looks like they may be brining in Mary Padian into Storage Wars, as she is starting to appear in a lot of episodes lately, Her twitter account shows her looking to set up an LA Workshop
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are cagey about Jarrod & Brandi's background as it is alluded that Brandi was a stripper at the club Jarrod managed when they met. The did sneak in though in one episode a couple of years ago the fact Jarrod did have a criminal record as he mentioned he had to go for a drugs test.

Their online shop though does list some of the finds they have made for sale, not hand them back afterwards.

On the positive it looks like they may be brining in Mary Padian into Storage Wars, as she is starting to appear in a lot of episodes lately, Her twitter account shows her looking to set up an LA Workshop

Second only to the vile Dave Hester as the most annoying person on the show
    Forum Member
    postit wrote: »

The way Mary comes across in how she speaks is annoying and awkwardness, but then the others have their annoying habits too. Jarrod & Brandi come across at times getting to big for their boots, Darryl acting like the new Hester as the king of the storage lockers.

Mary though does fill the hole of eccentricity that Barry left when he went off to do his own thing, and has a cute factor in her favour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the Brandi and Jarrod spin off is on lifetime channel (Sky 156) a week today 9pm, although it looks like it's just about their family rather than anything to do with storage wars.

http://www.lifetimetv.co.uk/shows/storage-wars-brandi-jarrod
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I like Mary! She's cute as a button and talks like she's half-stoned.

Agree about Hester though. It's his bull**** valuations that cheese me off the most.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Agree about Hester though. It's his bull**** valuations that cheese me off the most.

Old sofa 300 bucks, coffee table 150 bucks, TV 100 bucks, old clothes 200 bucks, vase 75 bucks....

I'm sat at home watching and thinking... we can go on a round the world cruise, all we have to do is sell all the junk we call furniture! :)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the Brandi and Jarrod spin off is on lifetime channel (Sky 156) a week today 9pm, although it looks like it's just about their family rather than anything to do with storage wars.

http://www.lifetimetv.co.uk/shows/storage-wars-brandi-jarrod

It's weird because i'd never dream of watching anything like this type of show in a million years but i gave this a go because it was those two and i actually found it quite watchable.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's weird because i'd never dream of watching anything like this type of show in a million years but i gave this a go because it was those two and i actually found it quite watchable.

I was the same . Really liked it and I'm hoping for a second season
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just found out that darrel is paid around $60,000 dollars per show or was as he is now being paid only $15000 per episode and may bow out all together
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found out that darrel is paid around $60,000 dollars per show or was as he is now being paid only $15000 per episode and may bow out all together

I won't miss the tank-top! I quite like Ivy Calvin, and the show needs some new blood.
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Set up and scripted. Tv for morons!
    Forum Member
    Good money in it though. There's other one i like where this crazy guy builds tree houses lol. It's always for these rich people that have plenty of land around them but they try and make them look like regular people. Like 99% of the people at home just couldn't relate to it.
  • PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member

Yuuuuuupppppppppp agree with that,

BTW there was a pic of Brandi in a see through top last year doing the rounds , def not a boob job from what I can remember
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Dave Hester leave the show cos he said it was staged? I think Nabila has recently come out saying it's all bollocks too
    Forum Member
    Isn't there rules though? I remember someone talking about the padlocks they use are wrong and they must film everything out of sequence because in real storage auctions you are not allowed to view the items you have bought immediately, you need to wait till the end of the day before you can take posession of them whereas on the show they make you think they can view things right away or the guy that does the auctioneering, he sometimes goes in with them and comments on what they've bought.

Some people did say they attended them for real but they said when they got there you could tell who was there to buy and who was there to just watch and they said the ones on the TV show definately took over with the bidding.