Options

I am depressed with this series...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
Forum Member
The only person that was in any way salvageable to me before today was Helene as deSpeight (good pun no?) what other people say, we haven't seen enough of her. We've only seen her as PM twice and never really at any other point. Tonight, she came across as placid and lifeless (but at least a bit respectful.)

I don't see why so many people back Lucinda? Probably on account of how she did in, what, week 4? In the last couple of weeks she has clearly been shown to be a whining cow, who quite frankly can't just GET THINGS DONE. Would the badger have complained about being sent off on her own? BLOODY NO. Lucinda does not have cutting edge. I also thought Lee's point on raffle tickets was a very good one - you need to judge the situation yourself, you can't expect the PM to make a decision when he's not even there (it was a very visual decision too.)

Lee hasn't quite got the edge either. There's something too blunt and a bit simple about the guy I'm afraid. And he lacks an essence of professionalism.

Alex did well this task because he loves cars. And £8000, yes, but only 1 deal more than Lee. Claire did more deals than that in the day I am sure. I'm not sure either.

Problem is I don't warm to anyone. I'm sorry but I just don't like Claire. The only thing that can happen now (seeing as the tasks are over) that would please me is if Claire proves herself to be a changed product in the interviews and the final task (if she gets that far) and is hired. That will be a success story - one where SAS has moulded someone DURING the series. In a way it would be better than the previous two series for that reason alone. But she needs to prove that she's changed.

Otherwise, we're all doomed to anticlimax and a bunch of candidates who we don't warm to so much, we're rooting for a ditsy girl who can't work a computer. Yes, she's nice, but so's Mother Teresa, and you wouldn't have her sell your stuff. I'm not sure if it was intentionally done by the producers, but I found this episode VERY bland in personalities, energy and general enthusiasm. SAS even seemed quite bored with the situation. Even Michael was down in the dumps, speaking as if he was hungover all day. I speculate he wasn't too pleased with his cause of and attitude towards Raef's departure and possibly did a U turn on his tactics and demeanour. There was no backstabbing today.

It's saddening that Lee and Claire look like the front runners now. I'd have positioned them maybe 5th and 8th respectively after a couple of weeks of watching this series at the beginning.

[/rant]

Comments

• Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree with you, I think that the better candidates were fired at the wrong point, Simon should most definately have been given more of a chance and Raef is better that the leftovers. Wrong people fired IMHO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    jules1000 wrote: »
    I totally agree with you, I think that the better candidates were fired at the wrong point, Simon should most definately have been given more of a chance and Raef is better that the leftovers. Wrong people fired IMHO.

I do understand why Simon was fired. He was a hard worker, and I wanted him to do well, but he wasn't a good team leader. However, he was better than Michael, who should have been fired a long time ago. I didn't see any glimmer of brilliance from Michael in the past few weeks, so was surprised he lasted so long.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LightWork wrote: »
    Would the badger have complained about being sent off on her own?

The badger likes Lucinda ;)