[GAME] The Voice Factor 2: Live Show 1

SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Britain...or should I say DS? :p The wait...is...over! The Voice Factor is once again back on your screens and this is going to be a terrific Second Series and how will that be you wonder? Well as your marvelous host, let's have a recap. A few days ago, we launched the Second Series and our judging panel has changed with only one original returning and three new members joining us as well as learning who the Top 16 will be. But I'm sure our viewers who love The Voice will have something to say as well. Tonight, it's Best of British and we have some cool and a few crazy performances coming up, but first, let's meet the judges and the Top 16! (With links to the artists for the first time, ain't I good to you, people? ;))

Vister & The Boys
Connor Scott
The Swon Brothers
Craig Harrison
Keith Hanley

Jackel1234 & The Girls
Caroline Glaser
Celia Pavey
Mary N’Diaye
Caithlin Mogatedi James

Pingu58011 & The Male Overs
Karl Michael
Todd Kessler
Fred Lebel
Shane McLaughlin

Barry_Clarke & The Female Overs
Natalia Sikora
Jacqueline
Marianne Pentha
Nadja (Begins 26:00)

So good evening and welcome to where your Thursday night begins right here.
Let's hope we have a great panel to accompany us, judges, please confirm your presence!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Here and my boys re ready!!! :D
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    is here and ready so whoop
    Forum Member
    Karl`s link doesn`t work, and on Shane`s you have given a link to Pat Byrne!!! :p
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barry is not here tonight, but I have his comments ready. Not sure where Vister is, hope he gets on soon.

But let's start off with Vister's boys. Kicking off the show and asking if you could love him again, it's UK's Connor Scott!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfihYWRWRTQ
    Forum Member
    Conor
    Wow Conor I am so happy you were picked for this show. In my opinion you should have reached the live shows on The Voice UK, but anyway. At first I was thinking the vocals were too quirky, but then I looked back at your performances and you do have a quirky voice. It suited you to a tea, and your mentor obviously understands you very well. Really happy about that, and I don`t think you will be going anywhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Karl`s link doesn`t work, and on Shane`s you have given a link to Pat Byrne!!! :p
    Wow, show 1 and already I'm showing my failures. :o

Link fixed. :p
    Forum Member
    Conor Scott

Predictable as hell, yes but good for your voice, definitely. I would say that its a pretty solid choice for the start of the competition Conor but at the same time it was also just an okay song choice, nothing special but nothing to bad either. The one thing I really want to touch on is the fact that your mentor kind of abandoned the great thing about you in your auditions where it could be just you, a guitar and a decent backing track was all you needed to wow me and it felt like a complete change of pace in this performance. A solid start but I would much prefer it if your guitar comes back even if its just for a brief moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Connor Scott:- When I first saw this song choice I was slightly skeptical, about would it work for Connor. However I went back and listened to your audition and I think you have the certain amount of charisma and personality needed to make this so work. I would have appreciated a cover version to show it more in your style i.e. in a more acoustic setting. It was still a suitable song choice for the first show, as it allowed you to take control off the song with your distinct vocals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's a mixed reception for Connor to start off, but it's early days.

First of Jack's girls now and she's a creep (I'M JOKING!), it's USA's Caroline Glaser!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuH6x1ObfAk
  • Vister:)!Vister:)! Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well CONNOR!!! What a start to the live show? Connor Scott people! You are a joy to mentor, and John Who?? Its all about Connor :D Not only can you sing amazing, but vocally you're unstoppable! Best of British it is tonight thanks to you sir! :D Honesly, Well done! :D:D
    Forum Member
    Caroline Glaser

With this performance I really wanted to create a really haunting vibe that could send a chill up someone spine. Creep is a classic Radiohead song and as I thought we wouldn’t have many classics on tonight I thought it was only right that you performed a brilliant classic. The simpleness of you and your guitar allowed your vocals to really shine in this performance and you really did a great performance tonight Caroline. Great start from you and I cannot wait to see how we can allow you to progress.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline Glaser:- Caroline I love the folk connotations to your voice, it allows you to really individualise each song which you are given. When I first saw that you were singing Creep I began to question why such an overused song on talent shows. However this cover song was stunning and it really suited your unique voice. It allowed the song to sound fresh and that it was a song written for you. I also loved the stripped back element to this version. Overall a solid effort for the first show.
    There you are, Vister. ;)
    Forum Member
    Caroline
    Caroline I just love your voice, and I just loved that performance. It was truly haunting and captivating. It had the impact that Aiden Grimshaw does where it just grabs your emotions and makes you want to see more. It was also really nice to see this song, as it`s one of my mum`s favourites. I really want to see more from you, and I can`t wait to see what Jack has in store!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Conor Scott

Predictable as hell, yes but good for your voice, definitely. I would say that its a pretty solid choice for the start of the competition Conor but at the same time it was also just an okay song choice, nothing special but nothing to bad either. The one thing I really want to touch on is the fact that your mentor kind of abandoned the great thing about you in your auditions where it could be just you, a guitar and a decent backing track was all you needed to wow me and it felt like a complete change of pace in this performance. A solid start but I would much prefer it if your guitar comes back even if its just for a brief moment.

Oh lighten up! He tried something new (which his vocals suit 100%)! It's not always about the guitar! :p
    Forum Member
    Vister:)! wrote: »
    Oh lighten up! He tried something new (which his vocals suit 100%)! It's not always about the guitar! :p

I know that but at the same time some artists work better when performing with instruments and Conor is one of those guys for me. Like I said it was a decent song but I just missed his guitar :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A good start for Caroline who hopes to turn the luck of the girls around after the last Series.

First of Pingu's Male Overs and it seems impossible for him, it's the UK's Karl Michael
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfdOmrTOkEU
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karl Michael:- Okay was this really the best song choice for Karl? I really don’t think this is the style or type of song I could see him singing on an album. To me it was just a lacklustre performance from start to beginning, as it didn’t allow me to see Karl as an artist, it was in my eyes simply a karaoke performance. No individuality on the song choice, I see him performing a more dark soulful song. It just didn’t work for me, the performance seemed quite flat. If Karl continues on the show, I want him to come back with a song true to himself one that allows him to really tell a story with the lyrics.
    Forum Member
    Karl Michael

I am trying to figure out in what mind Pingu was when he thought this song would be a good idea as it sounds like a total train wreck. Karl you’re probably one of my favourites in the competition because in your audition you just captivated me with your tone, soul and how well you can connect to a song... This on the other hand was basically nothing I loved about you in your audition. No soul, no emotional connection to the song and no match to your tone either. I mean if you do manage to make it through to next week I would really love to see you go back to your first audition and just really connect with the song as well as showing of your emotion and soul.
    Forum Member
    Karl
    Karl my wondeful boy. I was really struggling to find a song for you this week, as most songs I found were from an American artist. So I am sorry you didn`t get indie Jack!!! :p I thought it suited you and your voice really. It had that slightly rocky edge voice in the chorus and at other parts. You really got the audience going (especially the ladies) and I am sure they want more, and so do I. You have so much more to give, and I am just urging the public to vote for you. Please vote for Mr Michael (That sounds so good :p)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline.. I really didn't rate you but now honey.. that was good! It was so intimate and it was as if you allowed us in your personal space and to capture that dark and gloomsy feel of the song. Although , I don't think your commercial enough to hit the charts as you seem very one dimensional. Sorry, i need something else like you know personality?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was a good effort, this song has such a wide range, and your version didn't showcase that. So for me I do think you need to work on your vocals as theres tough competition out there! :) But still you put on a great show! But the song choice element... really doesn't suit your tone so please please be WISE song choices in the future because I want you to go far! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty alright comments for Karl, but your votes could give him another chance to improve.

First of Barry's Female Overs and she can walk through walls (Really? That's amazing!), it's Poland's Natalia Sikora!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvlIs6aARcQ#t=138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalia Sikora:- Natalia when I picked you as my act I knew what I wanted to with you as an artist. To me you’re a visionary, a real creative force with their music. I didn’t want to give you a typical rock song, I wanted you to show you’re more than that. This song had indie pop connotations mixed with folk rock which allowed you to be an individual while allowing you to perform the song in an energetic way. You’re not just an artist, you’re a performer and this song allowed you to do both while staying true to the singer you are.
    Forum Member
    Natalie
    Natalie you really excite me as an artist, and that song really excited me. It suited your voice really well, as it wasn`t too rocky so it didn`t suit your vocals. It was just the right amount of rock. I really enjoyed it, and I am sure you have more to give. This is a really strong show so far!!!!
    Forum Member
    Natalia Sikora

I was quite impressed by that performance Natalia and think that it was a good choice between a rocky background, but something that didn’t completely over power your voice. I think that Kyla La Grange is a bit too quirky for you personally as when I hear you I think of you as more of a rock soul styled singer, similar to Juliet Simms (link to last series tehe) in a way as you have similar vocal styling’s. Overall a pretty good first performance but just try and not be as quirky indie girlafied next week please.