Worst Radio Edit You Have Heard

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicki Minaj's Starships.

"My name is [sound of tape rewinding], you can call me Nicki"

She says "Onika". It is, as she suggests, her name! Just because it sounds a bit like the N word...I've heard plenty of other songs which sound like they feature a swear word and they haven't been censored.
    Shouldn't they be censoring the word "sex" rather than "drunk" :confused:

The issue is with "drunk sex". Presumably the censors' fear that it will encourage girls to, under the influence of alcohol, engage in not entirely consensual sex.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    212 is ridiculous I don't know why they even bother playing it.

as someone mentioned it, the Boom Boom Pow radio edit was excellent, I didn't even know it had been edited for ages.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    Radio1's radio edit was.

I want to party and party and party and party and party and party.

Sounds so daft lol :D

I much prefer this edit to the actual version. It wasn't until much later when I heard the unedited version and thought the chorus sounded terrible.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heart fm's radio edit of Neyo and Pitbull's song Give me everything is awful

They edit out Pitbull and all you hear is Neyo's chorus repeated about 3 times and then the song is over.

I hate the edited version of Pink's ****ing Perfect, where they named it as Perfect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They edit out Pitbull and all you hear is Neyo's chorus repeated about 3 times and then the song is over.

I hate the edited version of Pink's ****ing Perfect, where they named it as Perfect.

oh that pitbull edit is hilarious I don't know why they bother.

do kiss fm still do that thing when they play about 1 minute of each song?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly the worst ever but there's a pointless one of Flo Rida's good feeling which just removes the rapping verses and repeats the chorus over and over

I'm in the minority that prefers the animal noises version of Lily Allen's f**k you :D
  • Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beneath Your Beautifukl, Capital FM miss out the best parts!
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll second that for Nicki Minaj - Starships also their is a lyric where the "tape rewinds" and says Motherfker (taken out of edit but you will see the full version on The Box etc with that intact....ruins the song for me!)

Also can I add Labrinth "earthquake" I am pretty sure when it was first played (sure I heard it on KISS they had Tinie Tempah saying the N word initally) and then sometime later (say month or so down the line they replaced it with "labrinth" (correct me anyone on this)
  • Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about Starships, it's quite sad that they would assume that to be the word, when she innocently states her name. Don't they look up the lyrics before censoring?
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for 212
  • MissAyrshireMissAyrshire Posts: 3,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some radio stations have blanked out the word "pants" in Kesha's 'Die Young'

That magic in your BLEEP is making me blush!!
  • Dex_BracewellDex_Bracewell Posts: 155
    Forum Member

Seriously? You suffer through a edit that doesn't contain Pitbull???? :cool:
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    Labrinth "earthquake" I am pretty sure when it was first played (sure I heard it on KISS they had Tinie Tempah saying the N word initally) and then sometime later (say month or so down the line they replaced it with "labrinth"

A Google search suggests that the line in Tinie's rap should be "this my n***a Labrinth". I can't find an uncensored version though.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood why the word 'bitch' is edited out of so many songs whilst Meredith Brooks' song of the same name wasn't censored at all and she says the word about 20 times! I mean, where's the consistency, lol?!
  • Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can name quite a few...

Rihanna - S&M

Britney - If You Seek Amy
    Scream and Shout
    3 - What is wrong with saying 'Living in sin is the new thing' and they change it to -Living in this is the new thing'...ridiculous!

Pink - Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

Rita Ora - How We Do...especially on music channels! They cut practically all the verses out.

Any Eminem song...

Also when I purchased Pinks CD Single Get The Party Started years ago, I remember being really disappointed because they butchered the whole song and cut it down a lot. I expected more since I actually bought the CD.

Oh and the Eamon and Frankee - F U Right Back songs...why they even bother playing them is beyond me.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    It's not the worst edit....but Radio 1 replace the 'sshhhh' with a weird siren sound for Little Mix - Wings.

And Radio 2 played a version without the middle 8 'I don't hear nobody saying..'' part. And you can only hear the backing vocals during the chorus. It almost sounds like a demo version
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Starships by Nicki Minaj- pretty sure she says 'My name is Onika but you can call me Nicki'. But they edit Onika out, (possibly because it sounds like the N-word) but it's her name!

Heart FM do the worst radio edits ever. Any song that has any rap in it are destroyed to the point where you can barely recognise them (eg: Where Is the Love- BEP; Dilemma- Nelly/Kelly Rowland).
  • td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Real Radio were playing Queen's Radio GaGa last night, and edited little pieces of the music out after the first verse and during the bridge. Why?! Also, Culture Club's Do You Really Want To Hurt Me on Absolute 80's last night had the first verse at the start of the song chopped off, jumping straight to the first chorus instead! They do that with certain songs from time to time, it annoys the hell outta me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    A Google search suggests that the line in Tinie's rap should be "this my n***a Labrinth". I can't find an uncensored version though.

I have the uncensored version (well dance remix) of it and its unedited but the original unedited version can be found on amazon :D
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the radio edit of Bad Romance by Lady Gaga,
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If U Seek Amy has to be the worst.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Boom Boom Pow they sometimes blank out "satellite radio". Why I will never know.
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far too many Hip Hop records played on daytime radio just sound ridiculously butchered.
  • AbMan51AbMan51 Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    Radio1's radio edit was.

I want to party and party and party and party and party and party.

Sounds so daft lol :D

Ah so that explains it, I only ever heard this version and found it daft as well, at least the song wasn't intended that way...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady Gaga - Born this way

I'm not accurate and I may have taken the wrong lyrics part - but when I hear this on Heatradio - usually on partyheat friday/saturdays but I am sure they take out certain lyrics "during the day" but then played on "during the night"

I think its this....

A different lover is not a sin
    Believe capital H-I-M (Hey hey hey)
    I love my life I love this record and
    Mi amore vole fe yah (Love needs faith)

I am not sure why if these lyrics are taken out for as its just a "song" to me :confused: