Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nutrisse with McCall..

'LUVVin' the radiant Blo-uh-ond!'

Like nails down a blackboard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, as if I am going to buy anything because Clare Sweeney endorses it, get real advertisers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    hammerfan wrote: »
    I do. I must be old. :(

I banked with Lloyds though, so I didn't have one.

I do too and I never had a bank account with them either, so that ad campaign worked back then:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    4Dman wrote: »
    Note to Sky:- You didn't invent High-Definition TV, you just bought the equipment :rolleyes:

And I'm not spending at least £30 a month to view that channel even if it does have other channels included.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was £100 actually for the full set, as I saved like mad to collect them all as a child, which was not easy :) I still have them though and they are indeed worth a few bob now

Going rate for a full set now is £50---£70. But you can pick up oddments for about £5.each.
  • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXAuoA_KZwo - there you go.

The only ad around at the moment that actually amuses me is the Colman's one with the guy dressed as a bull, who seems to be a send-up of Boris Johnson. Don't know why, but it makes me giggle every time I see it!

I think the bull looks like Christian Jessen off Embarrassing Bodies.
  • Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    £100 wouldn't have been bad, I could have afforded that :D
    Apparently it was the Cousin Wesley figure that you had to have a Children's Bond with a 5 year investment of £1000 to add to the set.

Yes I never got a cousin Wesley :cry:

Worst advert at the moment 'little boxes on a hillside, little boxes ..' ahhhhh
  • MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "And we buy mowbiyals too".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lillith wrote: »
    I hate that advert for mens' hair dye with that "famous" footballer. When that American bird coos,"Still gat it" I could scream.

Is it just me r does his hair also look extremely unnaturally painted black, like a lego mans hair? :o He looks like a mannequin.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Luis Figo isnt that old anyway - he's what - 38 now? Why would his hair be going grey?
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,778
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Luis Figo isnt that old anyway - he's what - 38 now? Why would his hair be going grey?

My Nephew went grey at 18!Mine started going grey in my mid-30s.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We had a friend who started going grey in his teens and was fully grey by age 25... About 30 years ago.... he doesn't seem to have aged at all since then... Supposed to be heriditary... But you should see his portrait in the attic :eek:
  • MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Going grey at 38! What an utter freak!
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hammerfan wrote: »
    I do. I must be old. :(

I banked with Lloyds though, so I didn't have one.

I must be old too, I have a set of Natwest pigs (bar the Cousin Wesley one) and I remember getting them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You mean he's real? It really annoys me when American companies think the rest of the world loves importing their "culture".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really want to be annoyed by the Golf advert. You know the one. A chubby middle-aged bloke has a car bonnet up, is showing some young men the engine and says "Just like a Golf". A mum at an airport hire car pickup is being told that her contract only says "eet ees Golf or seemelar" by the dago desk clerk (clever, its politically correct because the British mum is dusky while the dago - sorry, valued EU partner nation national - is white). And her kids are fighting so we feel sympathetic. A skanky blonde who looks as if she is sucking a lemon looks on as a car salesman sells her boyfriend a car "like a Golf". But not a Golf.

The whole premise is that what we all want a Golf.

Most adverts try to be aspirational and no-one in the Golf ad is aspirational. Or they reward us with humour, music or a good set of legs. (Meercats, Opera singers, lager ads). No, the Golf ad doesn't qualify there either.

But somehow I just can't bring myself to hate it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The National Lottery ad where an OAP walks through a jungle as remembers a battle, then it cuts to a graveyard. The Lottery people want it both ways, to claim credit for funding trips to memorial sites, but don't offend the Germans/Japs/Koreans/Chinese. Make your minds up.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cyclist wrote: »
    The National Lottery ad where an OAP walks through a jungle as remembers a battle, then it cuts to a graveyard. The Lottery people want it both ways, to claim credit for funding trips to memorial sites, but don't offend the Germans/Japs/Koreans/Chinese. Make your minds up.

I think we see the Japs firing in the jungle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Fairness wrote: »
    I really want to be annoyed by the Golf advert. You know the one. A chubby middle-aged bloke has a car bonnet up, is showing some young men the engine and says "Just like a Golf". A mum at an airport hire car pickup is being told that her contract only says "eet ees Golf or seemelar" by the dago desk clerk (clever, its politically correct because the British mum is dusky while the dago - sorry, valued EU partner nation national - is white). And her kids are fighting so we feel sympathetic. A skanky blonde who looks as if she is sucking a lemon looks on as a car salesman sells her boyfriend a car "like a Golf". But not a Golf.

The whole premise is that what we all want a Golf.

Most adverts try to be aspirational and no-one in the Golf ad is aspirational. Or they reward us with humour, music or a good set of legs. (Meercats, Opera singers, lager ads). No, the Golf ad doesn't qualify there either.

But somehow I just can't bring myself to hate it.

Let me try - Errrrrmm.............................yes I can.
  • littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the subject of voiceovers, I watched Blackadder the other day and said Edmund's idiot friend Lord Percy (and later Captain Darling), both played by Tim McInnerny sounded just like the Colman's bull.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just seen another advert with a another great song ruined
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    I have just seen another advert with a another great song ruined

Go your own way?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go your own way?

Yes, it sounded like Marianne Faithful singing it, loosely speaking
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Military wives CD, perfect for Mother's Day, don't even go there my little darlings or else, nothing against these wonderful women, don't get me wrong but NO I don't want it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another new Aviva advert with the boring Paul Whitehouse,with his ever so funny voices, well it's new to my area
This discussion has been closed.