Options

Hitachi 40hxt16u

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
Forum Member
H ello all you great sky installers and help guru i have a rarther difficult question please help cause its doing me head in
hitachi 40hxt16u no sky remote code works for this model tv rang sky help no help rang hitachi no help told to ring argos as its there own model still cant get it to work 4digt code rev 5 tried all on there lists and googled it too
2nd problem its my 75yr old dads tv hench two remote problem how do i keep tv to stay on hdmi1 input as when my dad uses his dvd it turns the input to scart1 and he looses his sky set up just normal freeview hd please p[lease can anybody help my ear is burning with the late night calls from me dad thanks in advance
:cry::cry::cry:

Comments

• Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    H ello all you great sky installers and help guru i have a rarther difficult question please help cause its doing me head in
    hitachi 40hxt16u no sky remote code works for this model tv rang sky help no help rang hitachi no help told to ring argos as its there own model still cant get it to work 4digt code rev 5 tried all on there lists and googled it too
    2nd problem its my 75yr old dads tv hench two remote problem how do i keep tv to stay on hdmi1 input as when my dad uses his dvd it turns the input to scart1 and he looses his sky set up just normal freeview hd please p[lease can anybody help my ear is burning with the late night calls from me dad thanks in advance
    :cry::cry::cry:

Re your first question there is a post on the Sky Help Forum
    Re: Code for Hitachi TV 40HXT16U J
    Options
    on ‎04-03-2014 05:12 PM
    Hi
    No unfortunately I seem to be going round in circles! Please see the reply below from Hitachi:
    "I regret I am unable to offer any assistance with this issue as Hitachi Europe do not import this product. This is an exclusive to your retailer and anything regarding exclusive import models has to be directed solely to the dealer who imports the product, which in the case would be Argos.
    This company sometimes imports products directly, not through Hitachi Europe, and we only have details on the units that we import, not those that retailers import, I would suggest that you contact Argos Customer Services on 0845 640 3030 or their TV Setup Helpline on 0845 604 0105.
    For your information, Hitachi TVs are designed to work with the remote controls supplied with them and any codes required to make so called "multi" function or "one for all" remote controls operate your equipment would have to be obtained from the manufacturer of the remote control & not the manufacturer of the equipment which any control alleges to operate. For problems relating to SKY remotes, may I suggest that you contact SKY on 0844 2 411 411".
    I hope this can be resolved soon! Thanks
    Source — http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Remotes-Accessories/Code-for-Hitachi-TV-40HXT16U-J/td-p/1554251/page/2

I know that some of the chains do electric goods exclusive to that chain with model numbers that you cannot buy anywhere else. I tried to Google a model number of a washing machine made by Comet some years ago, it did not exist on the manufacturers site and a repair man told me it is one hell of a job to get spares for them, they are made for a price with cheaper parts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    thank you i did try google but hit a brick wall thousands in same boat just think its not compatible as i dont think it needs sky as its smart tv so it has catch up on it anyway you would only need to add a tv recorder or link it to your pc to record programs if you need to.