Options

Castle (UK Pace, No Spoilers Please)

Comments

• Options
    hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still love Castle and haven't got bored with it, only watched last weeks episode last night - can't wait for tonights now!

Excellent news that there will be another series.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually watched the 2nd part straight afterwards - I had to download it because it was so good :)

There's an interesting twist though . .won't say what ..
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I actually watched the 2nd part straight afterwards - I had to download it because it was so good :)

There's an interesting twist though . .won't say what ..
    The twist was awful....after the great episode last week.

Last night's episode was as bad as that one with the reality TV camera's following them.

Couldn't believe what I was watching.....What has gone wrong with Castle.
    Hope it's just another blip, but there seems to have been a lot this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    The twist was awful....after the great episode last week.

Last night's episode was as bad as that one with the reality TV camera's following them.

Couldn't believe what I was watching.....What has gone wrong with Castle.
    Hope it's just another blip, but there seems to have been a lot this season.

Oh I didn't mind the twist actually. Sure, it seems a bit contrived that his father just happens to be a super spy, but I didn't mind it.

The rest of the episode suffered a bit from them not really thinking it through. if you look at a show like covert affairs, which has 'location' scenes every week, they have a knack of making pretty much anywhere look like a european country.

On last night's episode, there were more than a few dodgy green screen shots of him in "Paris" that just made it look stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I didn't mind the twist actually. Sure, it seems a bit contrived that his father just happens to be a super spy, but I didn't mind it.

The rest of the episode suffered a bit from them not really thinking it through. if you look at a show like covert affairs, which has 'location' scenes every week, they have a knack of making pretty much anywhere look like a european country.

On last night's episode, there were more than a few dodgy green screen shots of him in "Paris" that just made it look stupid.
    I didn't want to mention the 'Paris' Locations....:o
  • Options
    hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree on the green screen shots - I always find it jarring when I notice the special effects.

Enjoyed the episode - didn't mind the reality TV one either, it's nice when you see a more human side to Captain Gates.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it! It was suitably bonkers!! There has been so many implausible things happening in castle over the years, that having James Brolin turn up as his CIA Dad actually makes sense! Having him "grease the wheels" I think he put it, kinds of makes some of the other stuff thats happened more acceptable!
  • Options
    catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it too and it was great to see my old hero James Brolin again.
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Was surprised to read in the article on TVWise which confirms Alibi will show S6 next year so I guess similar timings to this year, that is only their 3rd highest rating US import.
    Their figures are :
    Body of Proof 0.6m (3rd and final season as cancelled in US, starts on Alibi later this month)
    Rizzoli and Isles 0.5m
    Castle 0.4m

Surprised Body of Proof scores so well, whereas I guess Rizzoli & Isles is your more traditional crime procedural like Castle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Classic episode last night, with Beckett's new Coat.;)

It had it all, a Scary Death, Spooky Inn, Serial Killer {missing} even an Asylum {Silence of the Lambs}....loved every minute of it.
    And why do the Americans pronounce Vase wrong...Vahz.:confused:

"Evil spirits don't kill. People do."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought item number one on his bucket list was quite sweet :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought item number one on his bucket list was quite sweet :)
    Made 3 years ago.:cool:

Oh yeah.....Wes Craven...:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A bit hit and miss these past 7/8 episodes {imo} but the 100th episode was a classic this week.
    On paper I wasn't expecting much from this Rear Window inspired story, but I loved it, even with the twist at the END....

"I think I just saw a Murder"
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    A bit hit and miss these past 7/8 episodes {imo} but the 100th episode was a classic this week.
    On paper I wasn't expecting much from this Rear Window inspired story, but I loved it, even with the twist at the END....

I agree that Castle is getting more inconsistent these days but when it gets it right, it *really* gets it right. I thought the Rear Window episode was fantastic. I didn't see that twist coming at all.

The Taken ripoff/homage was silly but at least it was done with tongue firmly in cheek.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught the latest episode last night and really enjoyed it.

Can't help but to wonder though that the inevitable Season 5 cliffhanger will be them breaking up ..

It'll probably end with one of them saying "We're done" .. and they'll cut it there. They'll likely resolve it in the first episode of Season 6
  • Options
    systemcvsystemcv Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    We seem to be skipping an episode, as last night was episode 20 and next week is episode 22 (also it didn't series link on my Sky HD box).

The capsule description for episode 21 doesn't seem to suggest anything controversial, so I'm not sure why it is not being shown.
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    systemcv wrote: »
    We seem to be skipping an episode, as last night was episode 20 and next week is episode 22 (also it didn't series link on my Sky HD box).

The capsule description for episode 21 doesn't seem to suggest anything controversial, so I'm not sure why it is not being shown.

Thanks for the tip have added back to my planner.
    Seems a strange move with only a few episodes to go this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could just be a glitch in the planner and next week's will be Ep21.
  • Options
    logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad i read this cos i've just to had to add ep21 to my planner..whats going on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also up as episode 22 next week on Virgin as well .. just looked
  • Options
    debscondebscon Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    In the US "Still" was delayed by a week due to the Boston bombing and the next ep was brought forward in its place. I can only assume Sky are airing it in the original order intended. As for it not being in the planner who knows.

BTW Thought last night's ep was too stupid for words :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    debscon wrote: »
    In the US "Still" was delayed by a week due to the Boston bombing and the next ep was brought forward in its place. I can only assume Sky are airing it in the original order intended. As for it not being in the planner who knows.

BTW Thought last night's ep was too stupid for words :rolleyes:
    Not a classic but still very enjoyable...and Beckett 44...heaven.:p

"Please don't eat me"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually watching the postponed episode now (I was bored!)

I'll spoiler this but it doesn't give away any specific plot points or anything, but ..
    ..it's a clip show..
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually watching the postponed episode now (I was bored!)

I'll spoiler this but it doesn't give away any specific plot points or anything, but ..
    ..it's a clip show..

It's still good though! Love the ending and some of the comments between Castle & Beckett.

Also episode 100 was classic :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    It's still good though! Love the ending and some of the comments between Castle & Beckett.

Also episode 100 was classic :D

Oh it was good indeed, especially ..
    the 'retrospective' of beckett's sexy outfits

and the immortal line ..
    "you should hear me say fellatious" :D