"Take Me Out" - 2012 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How come they always show them meeting up on "Fernandos" for their date as if they haven't seen each other since they walked down the steps in the back of the studio set. Such a con. Are we really supposed to believe they didn't get put on the same plane out there, the same hotel, the same taxi or coach to said hotel?

What's the filming schedule for this show? Anyone ever been in the audience for it? Presumably they film them all back to back over a week or so, as there'd be no advantage in tearing down the set and rebuilding it a week later and stringing out the filming. So probably the whole series worth of dates gets flown out on much the same flight, could even be a charter just for the show, then film all the dates over 2-3 days?
  • thecharmingmanthecharmingman Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think this lot are a bit 'red happy'? I mean, there seems to have been a lot more black outs this series and, definitely, more dates where only one girl had her light on at the end.

I am surprised by this, as my sisters friend went to an audition to be one of the girls, and the producers said they didn't want men haters and people who were only there to be on telly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Did Fleur used to be on the other side?
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else think this lot are a bit 'red happy'? I mean, there seems to have been a lot more black outs this series and, definitely, more dates where only one girl had her light on at the end.

I am surprised by this, as my sisters friend went to an audition to be one of the girls, and the producers said they didn't want men haters and people who were only there to be on telly.

Dont want people who just want to be on TV ? Do they realy think these girls are looking for love ? So why on earth are most of the girls who the producers pick, already in "the biz" so to speak, as in models, promo girls, actresses, all with agents etc. Its more likely your sisters friend was'nt chosen simply because she is a "normal" girl, and there are clearly NONE of them on Take Me Out.
  • moomeemoomee Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I knew I'd seen Liam from last night, on TV before, but couldn't think where.
    Just read this, he was on 101 Ways To Leave A Gameshow. I think I was one of the few to watch it :o.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/likey_or_no_lighty_for_liam_1_4260064
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The guy who got Fleur last night had 'blackout' written all over him!

Did she get to find out how many they film in a short space of time, and did she get on the show?

moomee wrote: »
    I knew I'd seen Liam from last night, on TV before, but couldn't think where.
    Just read this, he was on 101 Ways To Leave A Gameshow. I think I was one of the few to watch it :o.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/likey_or_no_lighty_for_liam_1_4260064

Which one was he - the one who looks like Anthony from Big Brother 6?

Take Me Out sets unrealstic expectations about men in that we all have HUGE muscles and six-pack stomachs, where it doesn't for a lot of women with bingo wings and ill-advised sleeveless tops.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    How come they always show them meeting up on "Fernandos" for their date as if they haven't seen each other since they walked down the steps in the back of the studio set. Such a con. Are we really supposed to believe they didn't get put on the same plane out there, the same hotel, the same taxi or coach to said hotel?

I read a previous series contestants explanation of what happens behind the scenes. And yes, they are basically kept apart until the date..makes for a better show if all the "getting to know you" talk and formulating views on each other is caught on camera.
  • bigluke1970bigluke1970 Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like DVD Fever's last comments

I thnk most of the women on that show want someone with
    a high paid job or a six pack.

Not all men are like that.

I quite liked Mr Rouge who appeared on Saturday's show. He did Mountain Biking and organised dinner parties - quite an interesting person.

He did not inssult the girls either. He was a better catch
    than Daminen/ Damon themale model who was in love with himself.

He managed to get a date but I think Fleur wasshocked that she was the only one left.

Damien/ Damon should have not got on the program. He
    lied about not being in a relationship. It means that some male who was genuinely single missed out in going
    on this show.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    belomb wrote: »
    Jo in the red dress is a ringer from that bird from Hollyoaks a few years ago...Nicole Owen?

Ciara Jansen http://i2.listal.com/image/637252/600full-ciara-janson.jpg

Stunning girl.....

Jo (red dress) on take me out, NOT!
  • belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couple of hours to go!

I'm actually ashamed of how much I enjoy this programme. It's on a par with the X Factor in terms of my Saturday night routine (glass of wine, laptop, forum, prog!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did the CA actually just say "Who needs Cilla?" What a kick in the teeth...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see some of the girls making better dress choices this week. Down with the Plastics!

See, Jo DOES look a bit like Nicole Owen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Irish time to hit the mute button!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    let the finger press the off button
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone tranquilise Stephanie please!
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Good god, who in their right mind would ever pick that squeaky annoyance, stephanie?
  • Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Pink shirt. Always a red flag.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Paddy: Why did you turn your light off?

Idiot: I don't like ice cream
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite clear the only way Stephanie is going to get a date is if she's the only one who's left her light on. And I will pity that man.

What an irritant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    nicki who looks like dot cotton has light off,,,,,,she's got a cheek beggars cant be choosers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're never gonna get rid of Stephanie are we! :(:(:(
    Forum Member
    lol, Rose West will never get a date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets hope he's got deep pockets to deal with those two!
  • Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    I wish James Cameron was PM. We might have a decent space program then.
    Forum Member
    Lets hope he's got deep pockets to deal with those two!

It's OK

ITV pay for the date

:D