Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hooray, there's two of us...we can not appreciate him together :D

Make that three! :p
  • Truth TellerTruth Teller Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member
    Good episode tonight - looks like Jamie got the girl - Spencer's face when he saw them kissing.:p
    nathtay wrote: »
    BIB:Sadly Amber wrote on twitter she will be back next episode with mark francis so no we havent seen the back of her just yet

Happily Amber was shown briefly at the point to point with mark francis - but that was it! Must have been edited out as lots of other drama tonight!

Next week looks like Rosie carries on being a bitch and evil Vic her sidekick is back......Ollie is back to the gay scene too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Can't stand Millie - her baby voice, her continued poor me to Rosie, her pout ... you name it! Love Jamie - he's so sweet but no match for that evil Spencer :cry:

Love Victoria and Mark Francis ... and also Frances Boulle for comedy effect ...

Hugo is so boring now, just like his boring Shakira-alike GF!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I loved last nights episode, especially when Jamie got the girl. Spencers face was a picture. Then today in the daily mail, he was papped hoovering up the white stuff. And he could be out of the show on his arse. Silly barsteward. His family must be so proud. :D:D
  • katy18katy18 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I've just caught up on last night's episode - as much as Gabriella annoys me I'm getting fed up / bored of watching Ollie and Cheska bitching all the time. I just don't find them entertaining anymore - although hopefully that'll change next week when Ollie goes dating.

I'm so glad that Louise chose Jamie last night. He seems quite genuine and puppyish compared to Spencer who comes across (to me) as arrogant and manipulative. I hope (but doubt) that Louise sticks with her decision. I read today that Spencer might be getting the axe - as long as they keep Hugo, Jamie and Proudlock I can't say I'd miss him.

I thought that Millie was bring quite mature when she wanted to clear the air with Rosie in case they started working together - no drink throwing anyway! It's a shame that Rosie continues to be a nasty piece of work. How do the boys / Hugo not see Rosie for what she is?

Kimberley, Harriet and Richard haven't made much of an impact for me. Waste of space really.
  • NatoPMTNatoPMT Posts: 3,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like spencer, creepy intenseness aside. I think he's having problems cos his competitiveness is out of control, his drinking looks on the problematic side and he got caught with his nose in the coke bag by the papers. Now he doesnt have Hugo to keep him in his place his demons have overtaken him.

Jamie is asexual. It would feel like paedophilia. Dunno what Louise is thinking.

Rosie and Victoria should be growing warts on their noses any day now.

Everything they say when they bitch about Millie is hypocritical and could be applied to themselves. Calling her a drama queen, Millie hardly mentions them and when she does so its almost wistfully - they are the ones continuing the drama, saying shes sabotaging Rosies career, Millie was at Glamour first etc etc That meeting in the nail bar was horrible. I wanted to kick Rosies chair from under her.

Gabriella is a total nightmare. She's constantly 'hurt' or needing to 'talk'. Piss off. I love Binky, she should be my friend instead of Gabby's

I like Frances Boulle now too, i used to really dislike him, but he's such an idiot that I'm starting to warm to him in a socially inadequate kinda way

i want amber back so i can be her Number One Hater.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I was at a uni party at Canterbury uni last year and Hugo did a PA. He got caught sniffing coke in the toilets, people saw him and were trying to film it on their mobiles, it resulted in the police being called. I was waiting for it to hit the papers but never did. So seems they are all at it, Spencer was just unlucky enough to get caught!

As for the show, still love it but think it's lost it's sparkle. Think some of the cast have let it all go their heads a bit, especially Spencer! Wouldn't miss him to be honest!
  • NatoPMTNatoPMT Posts: 3,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scot_babe wrote: »
    I was at a uni party at Canterbury uni last year and Hugo did a PA. He got caught sniffing coke in the toilets, people saw him and were trying to film it on their mobiles, it resulted in the police being called. I was waiting for it to hit the papers but never did. So seems they are all at it, Spencer was just unlucky enough to get caught!

As for the show, still love it but think it's lost it's sparkle. Think some of the cast have let it all go their heads a bit, especially Spencer! Wouldn't miss him to be honest!

i can see that happening, pardy time.

i still think spencer looks like he's losing it though. he's gone mentalist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit I always assumed that sniffing was compulsory when it came to 'pardying'.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    JAE21 wrote: »
    Hugo is so boring now, just like his boring Shakira-alike GF!!

Oh! is that his gf? I did wonder why she was always with him... I've missed some ep's I think :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one that feels like Spencer is 100% emotionless at all times? :confused: He always has his vacant little constipated squirrel stare thing going on, but that's it, none of his interactions ever come off as genuine to me. I honestly think he's colder than any of them, even Victoria the scary ice queen. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SPENCER carries the whole show, without him the show will die very quickly. You cannot get rid of the most charismatic, eloquent character on the whole show. He went to Eton, he's rich and girls like him the most.

Quiet characters like Hugo, Proudlock and Millie are disposeable but not Spencer when every storyline is based around him.

Oh and please back off on Victoria, the criticism towards her is completely unjust, people are obviously jealous of her. She's actually really intelligent, much more so than any of the other girls.
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Made in Chelsea just keeps getting better. When it first started it was really awkward and the production was a bit slack; but it's totally overtaken it's competition in my opinion. Essex just can't compete with it anymore, I can't even bring myself to watch more than 5 minutes of that show any more.

The latest episode was, as usual, a bit Spencer heavy, but I guess he is the 'star' so I should expect that - I'd just like to see a more fair distribution of screentime. The likes of Ollie and Mark-Francis are reality TV gold and the producers aren't taking advantage of that at all.

In the absence of odious Amber, Kimberley has hastily taken up the position of the most sickly cast-member. Her saccharine Disney Princess act gives me toothache, it's so sugary-sweet. Gabriella reminds me more and more of Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction with each passing episode, and her cringe-inducing, gurgly singing sounds like she's bringing up phlegm. I'd quite like to see her have her piano slammed shut on her head by Cheska. That'd be a good episode.

Millie needs to learn to talk properly; her croaky baby voice is practically indiscernible, and with the show in it's third series she really shouldn't be so awkward and stiff in front of the camera any more. Even Spencer's managed to stop smirking and fidgeting like a seven-year old looking for his parents in the audience during the school play; there's no reason Millie can't improve.

Cheska and Binky are always great, but we're not seeing enough of them together any more. They have a great dynamic on-screen, especially when Ollie's in the mix aswell. Surely they can sacrifice just a TINY bit of the neverending Spencer-and-a-girl drama to provide a bit of screen-time for other fan-favourites. Speaking of which, I haven't seen Fred for a while, and he was hardly in series 2 either; is he still even a part of the cast?

It's not a very popular opinion, but I'm really loving Victoria. She's like the Wicked Witch of West London - totally brilliant. I love her camp, old-money bitchiness. 99% of the show should be dedicated to Mark-Francis (my eternal favourite) and Victoria simply being posh in each other's presence; the other 1% can be split evenly between everybody else in the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Area88 wrote: »
    SPENCER carries the whole show, without him the show will die very quickly. You cannot get rid of the most charismatic, eloquent character on the whole show. He went to Eton, he's rich and girls like him the most.

Quiet characters like Hugo, Proudlock and Millie are disposeable but not Spencer when every storyline is based around him.

I can't actually tell whether the "eloquent" comment was meant to be sarcasm, but either way, that's the part that I don't see at all. To me Spencer's one of the least charismatic characters on the show. He's good looking, and he's rich, but to me he appears to be very blank/non verbal and unlikeable. I don't think he's central to the show, in fact from what I've seen on the forums the writers pushed the Caggie/Spencer storyline to the point where viewers were fed up with the both of them?
    Oh and please back off on Victoria, the criticism towards her is completely unjust, people are obviously jealous of her. She's actually really intelligent, much more so than any of the other girls.

And I'm not sure if this was aimed at me, but "scary ice queen" was a joke... Victoria is a fabulous panto villain and I have a serious crush on her. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ciaociao wrote: »
    I can't actually tell whether the "eloquent" comment was meant to be sarcasm, but either way, that's the part that I don't see at all. To me Spencer's one of the least charismatic characters on the show. He's good looking, and he's rich, but to me he appears to be very blank/non verbal and unlikeable. I don't think he's central to the show, in fact from what I've seen on the forums the writers pushed the Caggie/Spencer storyline to the point where viewers were fed up with the both of them?
    I was being serious. If you were to go by Daily Mail articles and comments, Spencer is considered to be one of the hottest bachelors in the UK right now and most girls adore him. The editing of series 3 so far has been unfavourable towards him and they are clearly trying to portray him as a villain in the Jamie and Louise storyline.
    And I'm not sure if this was aimed at me, but "scary ice queen" was a joke... Victoria is a fabulous panto villain and I have a serious crush on her. :o
    My comment was originally a rebuttal, I apologise as I did not realise it was a joke at the time of writing. I too have a crush on her and find her personality both engimatic and quite infectious. She defintly stands out over the other girls in the show. I hope she gets more screentime, I think she will after seeing some of the MIC live shows.

Some good points there felixrex, well written. I agree with most of what you wrote and the Millie observations were incredibly astute, I do however quite like her vulnerability. I do also like the Kimberley's sugary, saccharine front, you need more outgoing people to balance a show like this, a room of quiet people would not work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    felixrex wrote: »
    Made in Chelsea just keeps getting better.
    The latest episode was, as usual, a bit Spencer heavy, but I guess he is the 'star' so I should expect that - I'd just like to see a more fair distribution of screentime. The likes of Ollie and Mark-Francis are reality TV gold and the producers aren't taking advantage of that at all.

Cheska and Binky are always great, but we're not seeing enough of them together any more. They have a great dynamic on-screen, especially when Ollie's in the mix aswell. Surely they can sacrifice just a TINY bit of the neverending Spencer-and-a-girl drama to provide a bit of screen-time for other fan-favourites. Speaking of which, I haven't seen Fred for a while, and he was hardly in series 2 either; is he still even a part of the cast?

Totally agree Felixrex, great post.

Just watched this week's episode and the show's looking better and better. Almost a bit filmic, or is that overstating it? :)

I've warmed to Gabriella in a weird way - I love the fact Ollie calls her 'fun killer' but she's unintentionally comedy all the way and I'm quite partial to a cringe.

But is the show doing more blatant product placement now, what with the Calvin Klein shop windows or with Rosie telling Louise on the phone that she's having her nails done 'in Bliss'? It doesn't bother me, but it's something I've noticed.

I just want more scenes with Ollie/Binks and Cheska - or Boska as I call them...

This week's episode has been the best yet...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ollie is comedy gold but I don't understand the appeal of Cheska, she's nice but a little boring, same with Binky. I feel they lack that spark in their persona's.

Gabriella is hilarious because she's so emotional and overt is what she does. I really like her and feel sorry for her all the time, it must be so hard being the outcast on tv and dealing with rejection so much. I would date her though because she has got an edge to her/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You cannot get rid of the most charismatic, eloquent character on the whole show.
    I can't actually tell whether the "eloquent" comment was meant to be sarcasm
    I was being serious. If you were to go by Daily Mail articles and comments, Spencer is considered to be one of the hottest bachelors in the UK right now and most girls adore him. The editing of series 3 so far has been unfavourable towards him and they are clearly trying to portray him as a villain in the Jamie and Louise storyline.

Huh? I wouldn't have thought his being popular with Daily Mail readers a particularly good sign that Spencer has the gift of "eloquence". :o

I didn't say he ought to be removed from the show, although I certainly wouldn't miss him if he left. :p Perhaps he gathers in certain viewers because of the "hot bachelor" status you purport him to have, but I don't see him as central to the show. My opinion has nothing to do with the editing of the show, either, as I've watched from episode one and have felt this way since the beginning. The lad weirds me out.
    My comment was originally a rebuttal, I apologise as I did not realise it was a joke at the time of writing. I too have a crush on her and find her personality both engimatic and quite infectious.

"Enigmatic" is the right word! :) Oddly, I think the fact that she's playing a part (panto style) in which she says very little actually makes me feel more interested in her than the girls who are just being themselves.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished series 2 of this. My opinion so far (bear in mind I haven't watched series 3 yet).

The show started out really badly, it was awful through most of series 1 but suddenly things clicked into place a lot more in the second series. I think the Millie/Hugo/Rosie storyline really helped it a lot.

My opinions on the cast

Caggie - I like her most of the time.
    Millie - She's okay.
    Spencer - Awful but strangely endearing.
    Hugo - Slimy.
    Rosie - I actually do kind of her like her in a way. But a bitch.
    Amber - Tries to be a bitch. But fails miserably. Boring.
    Ollie - A bit of a dick.
    Cheska - Boring b*tch.
    Binkie - She's okay..:)
    Gabriella - Harmless psychopath.
    Jamie - Think he is great addition. Likeable and fun.
    Proudlock - A cad but kind of hot.
    Frances - Almost forgot about him. I quite like him.:)
    Mark Francis - Boring.
    Louise - Dull.
    Victoria - Not sure yet. Annoying, but could prove interesting.

I think I am the only one who doesn't really enjoy 'Boska' all that much. I find them a little bit annoying and boring as a group. Also, I felt bad for Gabriella when Cheska said "I am sticking up for my best friend and your behaviour is odd", she is quite loveable in a sad deranged kind of way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The highlight for me is the scenes like the one this week - Spencer, Rosie, Hugo and girlfriend having lunch and taking the piss out of each other, there seems to be genuine affection and familiarity there which is lacking in the abomination that is TOWIE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ollie is comedy gold but I don't understand the appeal of Cheska, she's nice but a little boring, same with Binky. I feel they lack that spark in their persona's.

Gabriella is hilarious because she's so emotional and overt is what she does. I really like her and feel sorry for her all the time, it must be so hard being the outcast on tv and dealing with rejection so much. I would date her though because she has got an edge to her/

I'm so glad you posted that. I would like to stick up fo Gabriella too.

I honestly think that because people love Ollie so much, they fail to see things from her pov.
    I like Ollie too, he can be very funny, but he also has a selfish side. For example, when Gabby told him that on reflection it would have been better if she had never fallen in love with him as deep down she knew it wasnt reciprocated, he looked horrified, like why on earth wouldnt you want to love me.
    He was also very rude to her ignoring her calls after telling her he wanted to remain friends.

How hurt would you be if your partner turned round right now, told you they were unsure of their sexuality and wanted to see guys, and then a couple weeks later they were in a relationship with a new girl and ignored you.

Gabby was nice to Chloe and even Chloe herself said she had nothing to do with her decision to dump Ollie. It was just easier for Ollie to put the blame on someone other than himself.

The music video is the thing most people use to claim she is a bunny boiler, but i think that is really silly. Think about it, she is trying to get her music video out there, she is on a fairly hit show, I don't blame her for trying to capitalise on the one thing she is known for.
    It was also played up a lot for the show, in the actual video the ollie lookalike is in it for about two seconds and isn't wearing the union jack jacket lol.

I also think Cheska has been harsh on Gabby. Saying to people that oh Gabby was just a shag to Richard, wasn't very nice and imo she was trying to make herself feel better. IMO she reeks of desperation so i wasn't surprised Richard turned out not to be into her.

I love Binky, she seems very fair and level headed, and i think its very telling that she has remained good friends with Gabriella.

I know this will be a very unpopular opinion as most posters seem to think Ollie can do now wrong and that Gabby is a pyscho. I just felt the need to stick up for her as I believe it must have been incredibly hard to have the one you love break up with you under those circumstances and then blank you. Plus she gets so many nasty comments about her looks which again must be tough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great post Kimberley, I agree with all your points about Gabriella and Ollie. I think the comments about Gabriella are absurd. I think she's really attractive, she's distinctive looking and has more about her than say Caggie. Gabriella is defintly a beautiful human being and i'm amazed she's kept it together with no mental breakdown due to the abuse thrown at her. She's clearly a strong person.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you too Kimberley. I am more on Team Gabby than Team Ollie, I think he treated her terribly and Cheska too. I did call her a psychopath - but, I mean, mainly I just feel bad for her because she seems to have taken the hit of losing both boyfriend and close friendships so badly and seems a bit emotionally unstable at the moment. I think she's genuinely a nice person though.

I do think its nice that Binky stayed friends with her, and also Binky's mum liked her.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any updates on Spencer yet? I hope he doesn't get sacked, will stop watching if he does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Gabriella's quite a character, you have to give her that. Quite emotional - she's an artiste after all - she seems to wear her heart on her sleeve. But I must say the way she sings through her nose just drives me up the wall.

I adored Ollie in season 2, I thought he was lovable and hilarious. I'm not so sure about him this season and I can't put my finger on why. I think his "best mate" Richard is a bit of a tosser - the way Kimberley shot him down in flames when he asked for a date was priceless. I don't "get" the fuss about Kimberley's looks at all. She's blonde, has an ok face and is skinny. And? There is something awkward and self-conscious about her that I find hard to watch.

Cheska's nice but a tad passive aggressive, always wanting to confront people and tell them to do the right thing. It would be like being best friends with your mum.

Binky is ace - I know everyone loves her already but she seems so down to earth, with a wicked sense of humour and managing to pull off being homely and gorgeous at the same time!

As for the rest - Millie can come across as a bit vague, baby-voiced and, um... up herself, but there is something I do like about her. I think every time she confronts the indignant and incredibly defensive Rosie I like her more. Rosie just seems to see red whenever she's in Millie's presence, even if it's completely uncalled for. Jealous much, Rosie?

Jamie is lovely, he livens up the rest of the navel-gazing boy-idiots whenever he's around. Spencer has gone strange this series, a bit more desperate than he was before and this is now making him less attractive. Hugo is smarmier than ever now with his so-called gorgeous "model girlfriend" (Natalie, although a nice girl, aint a patch on Milly in the looks department) and all of a sudden the god-awful jewellery wearing Proudlock is H.O.T.

Caggie's appearances have been a bit of a non-event, despite clearly being the cool girl before. I would be more interested in Victoria getting some screen time, even though I despised her at first. I actually think she speaks sense when it comes to getting to the point of some of these ridiculous dramas! I think she purposely lays the "bitch act" on.