RIP Wonkey Donkey

Comments

• Mel O'DramaticMel O'Dramatic Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad news. I never engaged with her but it was apparent that she was passionate, knowledgeable, balanced and fair and I always enjoyed reading her posts.

I always envied the effort she went to to argue her point, and how wise she appeared to be in doing so.

She will be much missed round these here parts.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any way DS could collect a few of her posts all in one thread or something. She seems to have inspired so much affection and admiration I'd love to read some.

If someone makes a suitable thread, people could quote some of their favourites.

Though broken, the forum search facility will still find many of her posts; the others can be found with a google search for

site:http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk wonkeydonkey

Other search terms can be added to narrow it down. Each result will be a page of posts from a thread, so you'll have to scroll through the page looking for hers.

I'm still trying to take in what's happened. She's been a huge part of my forum experience over the years, and I'll miss her greatly.

She didn't hold back from discussing even those most contentious of subjects -- religion and politics -- and I think she improved near every discussion in which she took part.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She argued her points well and was eloquent in standing up for what she believed in.

Respect.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Oh this is very sad news. My thoughts are with her family.
  • ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    xxx♥xxx R.I.P Wonkey Donkey xxx♥xxx

:( Very sad news :(
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Oh no! Wonkey donkey was one of my favourite posters :(

When I started posting on DS in the BB forum after lurking for a while, I remember feeling absurdly chuffed when she responded to one of my posts. It was like having the queen acknowledge you :D. Over time I became extremely fond of her and once I had given up on BB I was always really pleased to see her when she wandered over to GD.

She was a funny, clever, empathetic and intensely rational poster who always seemed to be able to see the good in people. She will be sadly missed here and I can only imagine that her death will leave a devastating gap in the lives of those who knew her out there in the real world. My sympathy to them all.

RIP Wonkey and thanks for all the laughs x
  • OxygenatedOxygenated Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Wonkey Donkey.
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know directly know her posts, but I recognise the name as a regular here. Sorry to hear.
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would also like to offer my condolences to Wonkey Donkeys' family and friends. RIP x
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So so sad,

One of the greatest on DS, always kind and eloquent in posting

Always ready to see and argue the good in pretty much every BB hm and always made me smile too.

Will miss her posting
    X
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 6,885
    Forum Member
    So pleased that you became a friend to Wonkeydonkey, it must have been a honour for you to have known her so well. She was a great poster on the BB forum and was a very knowledgeable and compassionate lady. I loved reading her posts, as she was always very fair and consistent and she will be sorely missed. R.I.P. Wonkey, lovely lady :cry:

Thank you Darcy. It was an honour to have known her and to get to meet one of her daughters too. I think the huge numbers of posts in tribute to her, are testament to how valued she was, and will continue to be, in the thoughts of those who met her on here, facebook and in real life.
  • smugpenguinsmugpenguin Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    This is so strange because I feel so shocked at the death of someone who I don't know and have never seen. I'm mainly a lurker and I seldom post, ( soz but some of you are quite scary! ) but I always recognised and enjoyed her posts.
    She seemed like someone who I would love to have met, I mostly agreed with her point of views and she always put her view across in a pleasant, non confronting, humorous manner. Wish I had known her.
    My condolences go to her family and friends, gone but not forgotten. We'll miss you Wonkey Donkey! x
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    R.I.P wonkey Q.O.T.M.Q
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Just wanted to add my condolences to wonkeydonkey's family and friends.

May she rest in peace.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are links to an interesting selection of Wonkey's posts in this post in the BB forum's version of this thread:
    Trumbles wrote: »
    I’ve been looking back through WD’s BB threads to try to capture a flavour of them.
    There should probably be a knock-down, drag-out, multi-quote marathon in there but I wouldn’t know where to begin with that.

Click on the "Originally posted" link to see the whole thing.
  • housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Thank you DS MODS you are stars xx. Thinking of her family and friends. What would she make of this.
  • Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    housegirl wrote: »
    Thank you DS MODS you are stars xx. Thinking of her family and friends. What would she make of this.

I agree.........wonderful gesture from the mods :cool:
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    I posted my condolences in the thread on the BB forum last night when I saw the news, then realised this AM the weight of one of the last interactions I had with her on this forum -

We were discussing something to do with cancer and both agreed that we hate the term 'battling cancer' because it implies anyone who passes from cancer didn't 'battle' hard enough.

I had no idea she was ill and now that exchange seems so extremely poignant.

RIP WonkeyDonkey.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    There are links to an interesting selection of Wonkey's posts in this post in the BB forum's version of this thread:

Click on the "Originally posted" link to see the whole thing.

I eventually got the search function to work for her last 20 pages of posts.

She posted for the final time on 9th August.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/search.php?searchid=14313965
    Forum Member
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    I agree.........wonderful gesture from the mods :cool:

It hard to think I will log in and never see her post I'm sad I know bit sat and read through some of her post last night :(:(. Such a great poster.
  • NoShitSherlockNoShitSherlock Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    I posted my condolences in the thread on the BB forum last night when I saw the news, then realised this AM the weight of one of the last interactions I had with her on this forum -

We were discussing something to do with cancer and both agreed that we hate the term 'battling cancer' because it implies anyone who passes from cancer didn't 'battle' hard enough.

RIP WonkeyDonkey.

That is so very poignant.

Such sad news-just look at these posts!

RIP WonkeyDonkey.
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »

Sorry anne can not get your link to work.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »

Sadly that isn't working for me :(
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's too sad. She was one of my favourite FMs. I had no idea she was ill, she always seemed so positive.

Her posts were fab: passionate, articulate, witty and well-informed. I always felt that if I knew her in RL we would be great mates.

Thoughts to her family and friends. They must be devastated.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Mrs Checks wrote: »

RIP WonkeyDonkey.

I read that thread and remember being struck by that comment. I can't imagine a tougher battler than Wonkey (In the nicest and most respectful way). I read her reasons for giving up BB last night. That thread was poignant too in retrospect, but at least from it she must have got some idea of the respect and esteem with which she was held.