Options

Sandra Bullock's Baby Boy

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celebrities in the US employ a large number of staff to handle their domestic duties:

They would not be unable to carry on with their main profession if they didn't.
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Novaman wrote: »
    Celebrities in the US employ a large number of staff to handle their domestic duties:

They would not be unable to carry on with their main profession if they didn't.

But this is all a huge assumption....Making films doesn't take up as much time as you would presume - much less time than a full time working mum mostly. 10 weeks max she may do a film, 20 weeks she may do 2 - all the rest of the time they are free as a bird. And this is assuming she hasn't put in her rider that she needs to be available for the family. Big stars have so much more opportunity to insist on "family time" than any "normal" working mum.

So you're just saying because she's a film star she has no care and attention to his children and shouldn't have others because she'll have less time? Well that is bunkum.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Booo to the naysayers. My husband and I are working parents and we "employ" a childminder to help look after our kids. Plenty of people I know have nannies and they are not rich people. A lot more people have grannies and granddads to help them out, maybe Sandra has done the same.

That baby is seriously pretty. Thanks Sandra, I now have baby envy 9 months after giving birth.
  • Options
    justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to say this, but what is it with white celebrity women adopting black babies?

Madonna, Angelina Jolie, now Bullock.

Weren't there any white ones available on the shelf at the orphange, or are black babies now the ultimate fashion accessory? Perhaps Sandra didn't want the BOGOF offer that Orphans R Us were running on white babies as one black one was enough.
  • Options
    ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate to say this, but what is it with white celebrity women adopting black babies?

Weren't there any white ones available on the shelf at the orphange, or are black babies now the ultimate fashion accessory? Perhaps Sandra didn't want the BOGOF offer that Orphans R Us were running on white babies as one black one was enough.

Actually there are very few white babies available for adoption. Many people wish to give a child in difficulty a chance so they dont care what colour their skin is. Your comments read like it was written by Waynetta Slob.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It does seem rather convenient for her to have adopted a black baby right after the rumors of her husband being a white supremacist Nazi surfaced. Plus, the black baby adoption trend seems to be the "in" thing in Hollywood. (Angelina is probably kicking herself for not cashing in on all the good PR that could come from adopting a New Orleans baby before Bullock did.)

That said, it is much more difficult to adopt a white baby. They are in much higher demand for adoption. Here in the US, the black out-of-wedlock birth rate is over 70%, while it is about 28% for white women. The black family unit is unfortunately in the minority in this country, so there are more single black mothers giving up their children for adoption. Add in the fact that fewer adoptive parents want to adopt black children, and I'm not surprised that Sandra was given a black child (since she did not specify any racial or gender preferences when she applied to adopt.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does seem rather convenient for her to have adopted a black baby right after the rumors of her husband being a white supremacist Nazi surfaced. Plus, the black baby adoption trend seems to be the "in" thing in Hollywood. (Angelina is probably kicking herself for not cashing in on all the good PR that could come from adopting a New Orleans baby before Bullock did.)

That said, it is much more difficult to adopt a white baby. They are in much higher demand for adoption. Here in the US, the black out-of-wedlock birth rate is over 70%, while it is about 28% for white women. The black family unit is unfortunately in the minority in this country, so there are more single black mothers giving up their children for adoption. Add in the fact that fewer adoptive parents want to adopt black children, and I'm not surprised that Sandra was given a black child (since she did not specify any racial or gender preferences when she applied to adopt.)

The article states that she and Jesse started the adoption process months ago and he was adopted by them both three months ago. I hardly think she adopted a black baby to counter allegations against her husband and I highly doubt that a racist would adopt a black baby as a cover.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratts Sandra.
    He's gorgeous! <3
    Glad he's making her happy whilst she goes through the divorce with Jesse.
    xxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ValLambert wrote: »
    The article states that she and Jesse started the adoption process months ago and he was adopted by them both three months ago. I hardly think she adopted a black baby to counter allegations against her husband and I highly doubt that a racist would adopt a black baby as a cover.

Ignore her, I did. Her statistics come out of left field as well.

I am heartened when this happens because it shows that a child is not an accessory. Sandra and her husband clearly wanted a baby, they did not care where it came from or what colour it was. That they stuck with the adoption process for years (it surely must be easier to get a surrogate) shows her committment. Angelina Jolie gets a lot of shit, but she didn't start the "fashion" for adopting a non-white child. No one gave Tom Cruise, Michelle Pfieffer or Hugh Jackman any crap. I don't care if they adopt children to go with every colour of coffee in Starbucks, as long as the child is loved and getting good care. I don't think Jesse is a racist as he has done a lot of work getting inner-city kids into mechanics and building bikes. Some people have a fascination with Nazi stuff even though they aren't racist. Some people like the shock value of owning things like that.

There are loads of non-white babies with white parents. My best friend's gran adopted her uncle, who is black, from a care home in Devon in the 60s.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    That baby is so cute on the cover of People.

The Metro had a bit of a factoid mix up this morning. According to them, the bombshell who destroyed Sandra's marriage was Debbie McGee not Michelle. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarah812 wrote: »

The Metro had a bit of a factoid mix up this morning. According to them, the bombshell who destroyed Sandra's marriage was Debbie McGee not Michelle. :D

Ah the lovely Debbie McGee.:D
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarah812 wrote: »

They also put that the "baby" was three years old not 3 months :D. I read about it on BBC Text and couldn't believe that she had managed to keep it secret for all this time.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to grab hold of his adorable little cheeks. He's a lovely looking chap :)