Options

Hilarious Daily Fail article

Comments

• Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is being pretty does have advantages - certainly some of the ones she talks about and some less pretty people are resentful of not getting those advantages. However, you need to be a moderately nice genuine person as well.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    As one of the many comments pointed out - if she's that beautiful, how come she ended up with a fat Frenchman? One who looks like the 7th member of the Village People at that :D
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's back in the paper today saying that most of the negative reactions she received are from women and it's proven her point that we are all jealous harpies - jealous of her supposed fabulous good looks.:rolleyes: I still think it must be a wind up.. unbelieveable.:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Loving the spoof Twitter account :D

"I follow @heidiklum, but she doesn't follow me back. I think that tells you everything you need to know."

"Local wives throwing stones at my bedroom window again. Husband says it's hail. Don't think he realises what I go through every day."

"Woman at the supermarket till just refused my coupons because they were 'expired'. I think we all know the real reason."

:D
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So funny! :D
    It's the best article since that Cheryl Cole spoof article.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another superb wind-up article - almost in the same league as "my middle-class tornado hell" D http://mytornadohell.livejournal.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [except the tornado article was true :D ] ....sorry for punctuation/spacing probs - my computer is still recovering from a coffee accident.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Wait!! there's something not right about that picture......it's not attractive enough.......
    http://yfrog.com/g0o3ptzj
    Ok, sorted :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good. I feel a 'head bomb' campaign coming on - eg the mass photoshopping of Ms T[hick] A A Brick's head on photos of Saddam Hussein Mona Lisa etc
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's going to be This Morning tomorrow, a heads up for all the Brick fans out there!
  • Options
    boundlesslife12boundlesslife12 Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Ha Ha, More comments than any other comment in Dailymail history.

To be fair though they headlined it with the worst photograph in some pictures she's pretty.
  • Options
    Alfie ElkinsAlfie Elkins Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    looks like her face is melting.
    wouldn't even get the donkey punch treatment from myself.

the spoof twitter is great though.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another superb wind-up article - almost in the same league as "my middle-class tornado hell" D http://mytornadohell.livejournal.com/

I remember that, it was awesome.Like it had been written by Hyacynth Bouquet's daughter. :D
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    they're discussing this on Jeremy Vine today 12-2, radio 2!
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,119
    Forum Member
    She's so loving the attention now. lol

I mean it's not the fact that she thinks she's so beautiful that's the main problem, it's the nerve that she feels she has to write an article about it, even pulling the whole 'poor me' routine.

If she felt it was such a compelling issue that had to be discussed then she could have at least talked about it in a more general sense or as a third person. :D
    At least that may have got some agreement from people in the same position (if there are any), but she flaunts her own life far too much.
  • Options
    CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have all been taken in. The Daily Mail pretty much every week does an article that pushes buttons - and up goes their online and physical readership. Brickface will also have her 15 minutes. I do think she's mentally ill though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She writes an article saying that all women are jealous biatches and is 'hurt' by the response she gets... you really couldn't make it up.

The article written by the Mail salivating about their hits thanks to this article has made me decide never to hit another link about this woman... her self delusion was amusing... the total lack of concern by the Mail for her long term future as opposed to their short term gain is astonishing... the Mail may pay well but you clearly have to leave your soul at the door... everything she ever writes again will be seen through the filter of this stupidity.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've vaguely heard her name somewhere before, presumably in a previous uniquely, self-aggrandising newspaper article. Clearly she must be hawking for some kind of book or television deal; either that or she is simply an extremely deluded attention seeker.

Beautiful? Erm, no. And anyway, a bad attitude is enough to make even the most genuinely 'beautiful' person unattractive and unpleasant to be around. Perhaps that is why she has no friends.

I think it is for other folk to say if a person is 'beautiful' (however that word can actually be defined) not for it to be self-proclaimed in a national newspaper. She was setting herself up for ridicule. It almost reads like a spoof.

I very much doubt Mrs Brick has been 'sobbing' into her cornflakes this morning. She will be relishing the attention.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, dear.

Full marks for entertainment value though. :p;)
  • Options
    CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No paper pays well re this kind of freelance journalism, she would have received around £75. Journalists do not earn much these days. I doubt that she was born into poverty somehow.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow mission accomplished. Lots of web traffic to the Daily Mail website.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    I checked, Mental Health Awareness week isn't until May.....
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,247
    Forum Member
    She's not beautiful or ugly I tried to describe her looks to my mum last night just after I'd read it but she's forgettable. I assume it's a wind up
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    She's not beautiful or ugly I tried to describe her looks to my mum last night just after I'd read it but she's forgettable. I assume it's a wind up

I think she looks like Gillian McKeith.:D
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does ANYONE reading believe this fantasy?:D

'Another time, as I was walking through London’s Portobello Road market, I was tapped on the shoulder and presented with a beautiful bunch of flowers. Even bar tenders frequently shoo my credit card away when I try to settle my bill.
    And whenever I’ve asked what I’ve done to deserve such treatment, the donors of these gifts have always said the same thing: my pleasing appearance and pretty smile made their day.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124246/Samantha-Brick-downsides-looking-pretty-Why-women-hate-beautiful.html#ixzz1r5lMGzw2