Pana tvs TX 37V20B TX 37D28BS

I am considering purchase of one of the above.

Does anyone have one and what do you think of it.

Which one is best and do they remember differant pic.adjustments for differant sources and inputs ie Freeview,HDMI etc.

Comments

• nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suzieque wrote: »
    I am considering purchase of one of the above.

Does anyone have one and what do you think of it.

Which one is best and do they remember differant pic.adjustments for differant sources and inputs ie Freeview,HDMI etc.

I've just purchased the TX 37D28B but in white. It does have different pic adjustments for all sources but you can also copy one to all the over ones as well. It's a fab tv. The viewing angle from the stand takes a bit of getting used to as it's not verticle. It's apparently Pana's optimum viewing angle. The white one is like an off white and looks great against a pale wall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    has it got freeview HD ? or just freeview
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has it got freeview HD ? or just freeview

I wanted the 37 inch set, but settled for the TXL32D278 purple, due to JL free five year warranty.
    Plus the purple surround blends in well @£60 cheaper,I paid just over £630 in Dec for the 32D28 ,alas no 37 stocked at JL:
    both 32 & 37 D 28s*s, have

1.HD terrestrial plus all SD freeview

2.HD freesat plus SD freesat

3.HD/SD other sat which I use for German HD channels & multi sat

They are excellent sets, I thought the 37 was only in silver?

I chose the Panasonic against vthe Sony, due the Pana having the extra tuners built in.

Janet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Noticed that Costco are doing the 37 inc version of this TV on offer from Monday. The TX-37D28BW (White version) is going to cost £599 ( including the VAT - £499 without). This may help the OP if they are a Costco member.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Bear in mind modern Panasonic TVs use the absolutely bloody awful GuidePlus EPG with an advert taking up one third of the screen, and you cannot turn it off. The only major flaw in an otherwise great range of TVs, and is the reason I went for a different make. It's a real dealbreaker for me and I wont touch Panasonic equipment until they replace it with a normal EPG that doesn't insist on throwing adverts at me. It may not be an issue for me, but have a look at the EPG in the shop and see what you think before parting with cash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use the inbuilt freesat tuner , the epg is free from ads.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bear in mind modern Panasonic TVs use the absolutely bloody awful GuidePlus EPG with an advert taking up one third of the screen, and you cannot turn it off. The only major flaw in an otherwise great range of TVs, and is the reason I went for a different make. It's a real dealbreaker for me and I wont touch Panasonic equipment until they replace it with a normal EPG that doesn't insist on throwing adverts at me. It may not be an issue for me, but have a look at the EPG in the shop and see what you think before parting with cash.
    Yuk. I have an older Panny plasma that doesn't have this.

I would still get another Panny plasma though on the basis that I almost never use the EPG on the TV since I have Sky+HD. At least Sky let you turn the mini TV off.