super slim LED TV with Freesat ?

Hiya

I dont know if anyone can help but I am after a TV for my bedroom ( ideally 32 inch) that needs to be super slim (which means it has to be LED I suppose) as i want to put it on the wall and dont have too much space. In addtiion ideally I would like it to have freesat as there is a dish right outide my window which I can attach it to.

Doing my own reseach the only LED freesats I can see are a few Panasonic ones but are a) very expensive and b) not very slim.

Am i missing anything - why are there not more freesat TVs ? Does anyone know of any new ones coming along that fit my needs?

Any help would be useful.

Thanks

Comments

• S-T-E-V-ES-T-E-V-E Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would think that a Freesat HD tuner may be too large to fit in an LED of the size your expecting.
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    S-T-E-V-E wrote: »
    I would think that a Freesat HD tuner may be too large to fit in an LED of the size your expecting.

A Freesat tuner takes up no more space than a Freeview one.
    There's no real reason why a TV with both Freeview and Freesat tuners can't be made superslim, even 32" ones.

I've heard that Panasonic are holding back launching new Freesat HD models because there is an upcoming change in the Freesat format, but they are still selling the older models (which may not be so superslim)?

Also all integrated Freesat TVs so far have been Full HD and Freesat HD, adding to the cost.

You might be better getting a separate Freesat box anyway OP? Would give you more flexibility for the future, and you could choose an SD box to keep costs down, if required.

Interestingly as an aside, I found this Panasonic (not for theOP) which, although it claims to have integrated Freesat HD, the specs show only a DVB-S tuner, rather than a DVB-S2 one. Is this a mistake in the specs?
    http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV/LCD+%26+LED+TV/TX-L42D25B/Specification/4719743/index.html?trackInfo=true
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=emptybox;48363876

Interestingly as an aside, I found this Panasonic (not for theOP) which, although it claims to have integrated Freesat HD, the specs show only a DVB-S tuner, rather than a DVB-S2 one. Is this a mistake in the specs?
    http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV/LCD+%26+LED+TV/TX-L42D25B/Specification/4719743/index.html?trackInfo=true
    [/QUOTE]

I hope so CH4-HD launches on Freesat 1st April (not a joke) on a DVB-S2 transponder