Game of Thrones (Season Two)

Comments

• xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    You mean the young Bianca Jackson? ;)

Thank God I refuse to go anywhere near Eastenders...ugh nasty pttth ptth ugh! :D
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How come you lot have seen the latest episode?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    How come you lot have seen the latest episode?

Magic of the internet..........................
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh hell I completely forgot that most people don't see it until tonight, sorry about that. :(

Hope I haven't spoiled anything too badly as it's too late to edit it now.

Believe me there is a lot more going on than the stuff I've mentioned.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the episode, but I won't post anything until later this evening. This is, after all, a UK site :)

[Personal preference]
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note that as was agreed upon at the beginning of this thread, once the episode has aired - it's open for discussion. This is not a pace-specific thread.

Shouldn't come looking if you don't want to find details of previously aired episodes. :)
  • Mo@realityMo@reality Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Yes, lets keep this US paced. We can create a UK pace thread again if the gap proves too great :D

The books can be discussed providing it does not include spolierific material in, or past A Clash of Kings which has not already been covered in S2.

This includes anything in A Clash of Kings which has not been included in the TV show (we know that elements of Game of Thrones were ignored in Season One and brought over to Season Two). This series probably needs "A Song of Ice and Fire" discussion thread in 'books.' :p
    Verence wrote: »
    Season 2 starts in the UK a day after the US premiere so I don't really see the need for a seperate UK Pace thread :)
    CD93 wrote: »
    I think that is what was thought last time when a UK pace thread was started before a US thread :D
    Corwin wrote: »
    Yes there was a Spoiler thread that allowed discussion of all the Books as well.

I'd suggest we stick to one (non Pace specific) Thread (this one) for discussion of the show and also have a Book Vs Show thread that allows Book Spoilers.

Any Season 3 casting Info (which will probably start in a couple of months) can be put in the ongoing Casting Thread

From page 1. It's a US/UK paced thread so any discussion of last nights episode is allowed. If UK viewers don't want to be spoilered then don't come on the thread on a Monday. Simple as that. :mad::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo@reality wrote: »
    From page 1. It's a US/UK paced thread so any discussion of last nights episode is allowed. If UK viewers don't want to be spoilered then don't come on the thread on a Monday. Simple as that. :mad::rolleyes:

I think that's the only sensible solution. I think most try to be vague in any pre UK airing posts they make but obviously if you've just seen it you're going to want to comment on it now not in a days time. If anyone really gets bothered by spoilers then it's pretty easy to avoid the thread till you've seen the current episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh good, call me an old softy but after a very serious case of spoiler rage early in my youth I really hate the idea of spoiling things for people.

I was the object of the rage by the way, I managed to accidentally spoil the end of a book my then boyfriend was reading, since it had taken him months to read it he didn't take it well. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trouble is, as a book reader it's difficult enough to be vague on here without also reigning it in on a Monday as well.

If I had Sky Atlantic I actually would watch this at UK pace, but I don't so I have no choice but to download it. Unfortunately I don't have the patience to wait and I actually end up watching it most Monday mornings around 6am in bed on my laptop.
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Jon Snow is only half Stark, but he seems to have imbibed the very worst of their traits: pitiful weakness.

Only Arya Stark has my sympathy ( Sansa is currently on probation with me lol), I couldn't care less what happens to the rest of them.

If a character can't do what must be done, then I want them dead.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,920
    Forum Member
    I actually think I preferred the separate UK/US pace threads from last year. Quite often UK viewers still want to talk about the show every day of the week, but that can't really happen with the minority of US pace viewers revealing spoilers on Mondays.

Before, we could click on the thread at any time without having to worry about it. Ultimately, just seems odd to effectively bar the majority from talking about the series whenever they like. The dsforums should always have a spoiler-free thread available for discussion. Which isn't happening at the moment.

Very strange.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindset wrote: »

You'll never forgive him for not writing you into the books innit ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roger_50 wrote: »
    I actually think I preferred the separate UK/US pace threads from last year.
    It really would seem overkill to have two threads to compensate for what in reality is for most less than 18 hours time difference........................
    Forum Member
    I disagree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    I know Jon Snow is only half Stark, but he seems to have imbibed the very worst of their traits: pitiful weakness.

Only Arya Stark has my sympathy ( Sansa is currently on probation with me lol), I couldn't care less what happens to the rest of them.

What about Bran and Rickon. I thought Bran was awesome in this episode for a crippled boy he still showed that he has more stones than Theon (not hard mind you even his own sister has outdone him)

Here be spoilers for the UK pace whingers

Well this episode has shot Theon right up to the top of my hate list, even more so than Joffrey. I love the slow burn that we've had with this character, how in season one I disliked him but wasn't sure why. I just thought he was really selfish and a bit of a bully but you can see how this has built up to this moment. Also his sleasiness is going to be his downfall, because he couldn't keep it in his pants he's lost the Stark kids. Idiot. Although why Osha didn't cut his throat was beyond me.

I was actually tearful when Rodrik was killed but compare that scene compared to Ned beheading the deserter in episode one just proves that Theon is not fit to be Lord of Winterfell. The subtlety of that scene was not lost on me.

Dany did not impress me either. Whoah slow down with the entitlement stuff, look at what happened to your brother when he started demanding things. I loved how the Spice Merchant shot her down though, "you want me to give you all my boats and you'll repay me when?" Oh yes I'm the mother of dragons, damn I've lost them. Silly bint.

Anyway highlights of the episode of course everything with Arya and Tywin. I found myself thinking at one point ahh Tywin's lovely, I wish he would adopt Arya and keep her safe, then I remembered he's a Lannister and she's a Stark. Those two together are magic though. Oh and the tension in the Littlefinger scene was fantastic. I felt for sure she'd been sussed. In fact, still not 100% that Littlefinger hasn't recognised her.

Lastly, Joffrey get's hit by shit and then bitchslapped AGAIN by the Imp.
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say that due to the Bank Holiday I watched the ep this morning. Usually though I don't see it until Monday evening and simply just don't come into this thread until I have. It really isn't that much of a hardship for half a day.

If the time between the UK and US viewing was greater I'd say separate threads were needed but it seems pointless when people can just stay off the thread on Monday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree.

See if you've many others who agree with you...
    Forum Member
    Well, there's been a fair few voices commenting on it actually if you look back through the thread...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I wonder where Ser Jorah was supposed to be while the dragon-napping was taking place?
    Irri is seen dead but there's also no sign of Doreah?
    :confused:

When Rodrik said to Bran & Rickon "I'm going to see your father" it realllly brought a lump to my throat :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there's been a fair few voices commenting on it actually if you look back through the thread...

There have but I'd wager there's more saying ..what's the point really.

There is already a spoiler thread for those who have read the books as it is.

Seriously.how many of you viewing this forum find it too problematic to resist looking in between Monday morning and Monday evening?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got to admit I've been wondering why someone hasn't just stolen the dragons before, Dany has got about 10 people with her, it wouldn't be hard and yeah where was Ser Jorah?

Dany is getting right on my nerves now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo@reality wrote: »
    Lastly, Joffrey get's hit by shit and then bitchslapped AGAIN by the Imp.

And what joy that brings to a soul:D

I've not read the books but I have read descriptions of how Joffrey is supposed to look and it differs no small amount from how he looks in the series.... however I doubt they could have found someone who portrays someone the world and his dog would like to at least bitch slap better than Jack does. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes I worry for the poor actor sometimes, he is fabulously hateful as Joffery.

Alfie Allen is getting there as well, if you end this episode without wanting to poke his eyes out there is something wrong with you.
  • BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irri is seen dead but there's also no sign of Doreah?
    :confused:
    :
    In the books Doreah died when they were crossing the desert anyway. Maybe they are giving Doreah all Irri's stuff from here on.